What would your reaction be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The woman has evil, psycho eyes!!!

I haven't read all of what has been replied (i have huge migraine so off to bedfordshire in a mo) so sorry if I repeat what others have said.

Firstly, you have more patience than me, I would have told her a firm no and explained that she needs a day or 2 to get used to them and then left - with payment of course.

Now before I say what I am about to, I want to first assure all the genuine ocd sufferers that I am in no way disregarding their affliction.

OCD? What a crock!!
Some people seem to think that its a label they can use willy nilly to excuse the fact that they're a fussy tw*t!!! and I suspect that was what she was doing to try and get out of paying you for your hard work.

I dread to think what she would have been like when it came to applying her minx!!!

I am also shocked that she wasn't in the least bit concerned about the fact that you needed your food and insulin. I would have at least offered you a biscuit and a cup of tea!!

The woman sounds like a monster and I suspect she is also the bargain hunter type, they go wherever is cheapest and then complain to try and get a freebie.

some people are just determined to complain even if there is nothing to complain about.

I wouldn't rush to rebook her if she does contact you again. Those lashes looked beautiful, nothing wrong with them xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Thats why I refused the minx. I thought of what she would find wrong with them lol.

I hope your head feels better soon xx

Thats why I refused the minx. I thought of what she would find wrong with them lol.

I hope your head feels better soon xx

Thanks hun xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Please tell me this isn't the same OCD client you did before hun :cry: Clients like this you don't need. I would say you should charge for removal.

Yes.just.couldn't be bothered to.go.into.detail. No.fun tonight. I just fell down.the.stairs.looking for.my cat who is still lost but i appear to have broken.my foot! :(

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I cant understand why you done all that?
Kudos to you and everything but I just can't understand!!!

I would of said straight away you didn't declare your OCD. I can remove them for you, I will do the removal free of charge seeing as Im already here.
But still would take the £40.00

People like this are time wasters and I nip it in the bud straight away! I don't entertain clients like this, as for asking for longer then asking for you to change them again-
No way! You done it correct the first time, she wanted them changed against your recommendation. I'd of changed them for an extra charge.

xoxo

I cant understand why you done all that?
Kudos to you and everything but I just can't understand!!!

I would of said straight away you didn't declare your OCD. I can remove them for you, I will do the removal free of charge seeing as Im already here.
But still would take the £40.00

People like this are time wasters and I nip it in the bud straight away! I don't entertain clients like this, as for asking for longer then asking for you to change them again-
No way! You done it correct the first time, she wanted them changed against your recommendation. I'd of changed them for an extra charge.

xoxo

Im just soft. and i felt sorry for her. i wouldnt make this mistake again no.chance. you live and learn. i try and see the good in everyone x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Sack Her!

As you get more confident you will learn to trust your instincts.

You also need to learn that TIME IS MONEY!

If you tint, that takes time. Removal, that takes time too (not to mention the additional products you are using). Had you tint tested her previously as she sounds the type who would just be looking for an excuse to complain.

We are offering a professional service and deserve to be paid accordingly.

I don't understand how she could say they were uneven anyway. If I put a 10mm 0.15 on one eye, I put exactly the same lash, in the same place on the other eye. If you working alternately like this, each eye ends up exactly the same?

My diary would be full FOREVER for a client like her.

When I first started I bent over backwards for clients. Nothing was too much trouble and I accommodated client's every request. I ended up working far too many hours for far too little money! My poor kids almost forgot what I looked like!

I am now extremely strict about the hours I work, I charge for all of my services and do you know what? I think my clients respect me more for it! They know I am running a professional business with high standards, whereas before I wonder if they just thought I was doing it as a hobby!

Last edited:
Wow hun what a nightmare! You did so so well with her.

I have diagnosed OCD and on medication so thought I would just say a couple of things. Firstly dealing with someone with OCD as someone has already said, more often than not, the more you faff and 'feed' their OCD the worse they will become with you. You need to be strong and final with her. I hope in fact she was truthful when she said she had OCD cos I get a little tired of people bandying about the word when in fact they're not...... if you had OCD my god you'd know it, it's horrible to live with at times and something you never get rid off but have to learn to manage it. It's a shame she didnt disclose in on the consult card, it would have given you the opportunity to discuss it with her with regards to her treatment.

You did incredibly well hun hats off to you, I wouldnt have had the patience and I actually suffer from OCD so could be seen to sympathise lol. If you do decide to keep her as a client keep calm, keep her calm and be firm my lovely. Chin up chuck.

Love n hugs xxxx

Hellooo little mo here haha!

This sounds like a completeeeee nightmare love! I can imagine how I would be feeling after a few hours with this client never mind yourself with your diabetes! I think you did handle it well, you were more than patient with her and did all you could have done and perhaps more! I think just take on board what the above posters have said and be a little bit more firm. If she takes up more of your time she must understand she will pay for it. And If you feel she's that bad just tell her you have no space available for the forseeable future. The end result did look good as always, your lashes are great and you should be confident!

Tbh I think I would avoid her for the future as it seems too much stress. Which is a shame but you have to do what's best for you and can't afford her to waste all your time.

I wouldn't worry :)

I had patch tested her along with the glue. I always do in case I decide a tint is required

I certainly dont do this as a hobby lol. I just sometimes feel when a client is paying a lot for a service a little free tint would be seen as a gesture.

I will be charging for removal in future as if I go to them its costing me petrol also.

I think ill be more firm. But to be honest I wont be seeing this lady again. NOT A CHANCE! I doing think its worth it x

Perhaps I will consider removal fee. I usually tint for free if they need it. But thats at full cost. If I ever do another deal Ill be sure to charge for tint. I just want to get the customers in. Some people havent got 60 but maybe would try them for 40 and ive found ive made a lot from infills from these specials as the client is then "hooked" on lashes.

Im waiting for tina to do her course...I want a set! :)

My mum told me off for staying there so long. actually she was with me when she phoned the next day im sure the client heard my darling mum say "give me the damn phone ill tell her to get stuffed" lol

I agree with your mum, that said I have had a client who acted like this with Gelish application and at the time I took two sets off and put another set on all for the sum of £15.00 I will never do it again its all a learning curve some times a sharp one lol x

oh my god what a nightmare:eek: she sounds like a lunatic, how the hell can she think they would be uneven going by a number lol aww i feel so sorry for you xx

Some people don't have a clue! I've left houses at midnight before and they don't care at all...I've had clients that have said "I've just gotta feed the kids before we start" as I get there....sorry but I don't have time for you to feed your kids, they don't think about your time and time is money!

I'd never go back and you did a great job, your lashes are ace well done...x

I would of charged her for the tint as well. When a client asks i tell them the price of the tint and it is their choice then if they still want it done or not.

When she said she wanted the outter corners changing i would of explained that due to the time taken already this would not be possible today and she would have to rebook an appointment to have it done at £x

I to also charge for removal £20 i am mobile so it does cost me to get there and back and also for the products and time. The only time i don't charge is if they are having a new set applied or i will reduce that rate if they are having another treatment done in that case i charge £10.

When she came to yours to have the outter corners changed back again i would of told her on the phone about the cost £x. Then it would be her choice.

HAHAHA! Oh my god! I felt your pain! I would have charged her for the set, then started to charge by the hour once youve gone over your allocated time! Your trying to make a living! She cant mess you around like this just because she cant make her mind up! But welldone to you for being so patient! Did you explain to her that you dont need an even ammount on both eyes? You dont have the exact same ammount of eyelashes on either eye anyway, its whatever looks good!
Also if shes going to mess around with them and not carry out the right aftercare then you should charge her again accordinally lol. x x

Latest posts

Back