What would your reaction be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Get comfortable!!!

Ok so me and tina ballerina caught up yesterday and we were discussing a client I did eyelashes on and we both wondering what you guys think and would have done so here goes.....

My Eyelashes are 60 pounds... But to drum up customers I had an offer of 40.

I get a call from a lady who found me on gumtree. She was nervous and said she was particular. I wasnt fazed. Im confident in what I have been doing. I spent 40 mins explaining the procedure and types of looks achieveable and how to care for them during her holiday that she was going on 2 days after application. She also booked Minx toe nails. So She gets Semi Perm Eyelashes and Minx for 55. BARGAIN I THINK LOL. She actually asked me what if she doesnt like them. I say you will love them i promise. If they were horrific of course i wouldnt charge u.

So I go to her house 6 miles away... patch test her two days before intended application.... No problems so eyelashes will go ahead in 2 days. We discuss

Now this is so complicated and mad im going to have to type it like this

I arrive at 11. Shes up on my bed by 10 past.

She asks me to tint her eyelashes, i say she doesnt need it...I do it anyway.

I apply a full set of lashes in 1.5 hrs. She looks at them...she says they arent even. THEY WERE. She asks me how many lashes are on each eye. I say about 60-70....OH MY GOD. Huge mistake

She said she couldnt walk about with an uneven number of lashes. She asks me to count them. She tells me she has ocd for which she is taking medication but was too embarrassed to declare this on my consult form.

Anyway... I cant count them. But you must or take them off as I wont be able to go on holiday like this.

Im diabetic, unsulin dependent, she knew this as it had come up in conversation at her patch test. So time is now ticking on and im feeling bad! I need food and insulin.

So I TRY and count them... She gets flustered...Ive made her perfect extensions look complete mess at this point messing with them. I tell her i think its best i remove them. At this point its 3 o clock. She agrees. I start to take them off and she says no its ok i want to keep them. So i try and remove the remover off the lashes on one half of an eye id started to remove...no chance, the damage was done. so i have to take them off, clean and prime and start again.

I show her... she asks me how many...I say 62. Ok I shouldnt have lied but I was supposed to be taking my little boy out, he was sat with his nan waiting for me, after i told him id be home 2.30. She didnt like the outer lashes...wanted bigger ones....no lashes left to fill so i remove six outer eye lashes from each eye, clean prime and re apply thick long c curls. her lashes were too small for i told her but she insisted....id given up at this point

Shes happy...well kind of.

Now i get oh i cant wait for my minx.... UH NO. ITS HALF 5. So I say im sorry i have already let my little boy down and i have no childcare for this evening im afraid.

So she gives me the measly 40 quid for 6 hours work. I drive home in rush hr traffic.

Next day...I get a phone call. can i come and change the outer lashes to what they originally were...the long ones touch her sunglasses for her holiday and look a bit low....drooping i expect. I SAID NO. Well I said I cant come to you now i have another client which i did but a friend on discount.

So she came to me....i fixed them. They looked a mess. She admitted she had been playing with them. Took me another 1.5 hrs.

She leaves and says thank you.

That client made me 40 pounds....

She returns from her hols on saturday... I hope she doesnt ask for an infill...cos I can see me being fully booked till 2045. arghh.

Now what do you think, what would you have done, how would you have handled it, would you treat this client again!

GOSH THAT WAS LONG.

I have only just done my ee training so only in practice mode at the moment but your story could put anyone off for life lol I think I would be fully booked till the end of time lol xx

I think you have the patience of a saint.... Think I would of pretended to count them then give her a made up number. And I would make sure your diary is full lol xx

What a nightmare. No I wouldnt see her again or charge her by the hour! You would have been lucky to make minimum wage after travel time petrol and product. I allocate an amount of time for each appointment for eyelash extensions (Im mobile too) and wouldnt have been there any longer without charging. After 2 hours (which is being generous) the meter would have been running.

Annie xx

I would charge her for the set, remove the lashes as she wanted and then I would leave! Would not see her ever again :)
I've sacked 3 clients in total. She would be perfect candidate :green:
There is no way I would be counting lashes, that's just crazy...

Oh hunie I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I would have charged her extra for removal and changing the outer lashes at the very least! Yup definitely have your diary booked until the end of time. This is unacceptable.

You should have said sorry I have OCD too and I MUST leave on time otherwise I will go mad...

What would you have done if you'd had another client booked in after her? You'd have had to leave her. If this happens again, god forbid, leave the client and tell them you have someone else booked. It's the only way.

You really do have patience bless your heart x

What a nightmare. Right, as soon as she asked for them to be removed, I would have told her how much the removal fee was.
I probably would have pretended to count and given her a nice even number. If the lashes looked a mess after counting then they would only have needed a brush through.
I think if she knew there was a removal fee then she would have probably changed her mind about having them removed.
You have to be in charge and not let clients get away with things like this.

What a nightmare. Right, as soon as she asked for them to be removed, I would have told her how much the removal fee was.
I probably would have pretended to count and given her a nice even number. If the lashes looked a mess after counting then they would only have needed a brush through.
I think if she knew there was a removal fee then she would have probably changed her mind about having them removed.

Yes think i should have been firmer and said about removal etc.

I know they only needed a brush through but tbh after hrs there I was just wound up they had been messed with for nothing. then after half a removal. well they looked two weeks old! FUMING!

Ill be avoiding her in future. I just felt sorry for her. But after the time I spent with this woma and obviously product cost I made not a lot. Was ill and not happy. I just didnt want her telling people she wasnt happy. Silly I know x

I am mobile and allocate 1.5 hours MAX for a full set of eyelashes. I dont tint, so she wouldnt have been able to have that anyway (lucky you took the things with you) and when she asked me to count them, I would have given the impression to count and then said 85. She has OCD as long as she is led to believe they are even she would have been fine (maybe not nice, but its irrelevant if there is 1 or 2 more on one eye).
Basically, I wouldnt have had the time to faff and when she said about having longer ones on the end, if her natural lashes were too short to with hold the weight I wouldnt have done it.
I would see her again for an infill, but wouldnt stay longer than my allocated 1 hour time slot.
Im not saying you did anything wrong, but, if you allow people to pick and poke and moan THEY WILL lol. When I am done, I ask them to have a look if they are not already heading for a mirror at which point I am already packing my couch away. They are done and I know they look fine :)
Remember, if you do go back, that she is OCD, she will find a problem even if there isnt one. Be strong and complete the lashes and take your money!
xx

I am mobile and allocate 1.5 hours MAX for a full set of eyelashes. I dont tint, so she wouldnt have been able to have that anyway (lucky you took the things with you) and when she asked me to count them, I would have given the impression to count and then said 85. She has OCD as long as she is led to believe they are even she would have been fine (maybe not nice, but its irrelevant if there is 1 or 2 more on one eye).
Basically, I wouldnt have had the time to faff and when she said about having longer ones on the end, if her natural lashes were too short to with hold the weight I wouldnt have done it.
I would see her again for an infill, but wouldnt stay longer than my allocated 1 hour time slot.
Im not saying you did anything wrong, but, if you allow people to pick and poke and moan THEY WILL lol. When I am done, I ask them to have a look if they are not already heading for a mirror at which point I am already packing my couch away. They are done and I know they look fine :)
Remember, if you do go back, that she is OCD, she will find a problem even if there isnt one. Be strong and complete the lashes and take your money!
xx

I havent and wouldnt put larger lashes on anyone else. But i needed insulin and I couldnt be bothered anymore. I know how dreadful that sounds but id gone past caring. The first time i showed her the eyes there was nothing wrong with them x

I had time that day...well my sons time but i wouldnt have that time usually. x

properprincess-albums-my+work-picture40152-cheryl-lashes.png

Here are her lashes. I wasnt happy with them at the end. But I didnt really lose much sleep over it....i was shattered

Do you charge for removal? I never do?

I have only just done my ee training so only in practice mode at the moment but your story could put anyone off for life lol I think I would be fully booked till the end of time lol xx

This has made me LOL.

I've only ever removed a whole set of lashes that other techs have done and yes I would charge.
If clients wanted a set removed that I had done then I would charge unless they were having a full set re-applied and then I would waive the fee.
I think if you had just said to her 'Ok if I remove them then I will need to charge you a £10 removal fee on top of the £50 for the tint and extensions, are you sure you want me to remove them?'
I bet she would have said no!

Yes, I charge £15 for removal at any stage, its products at the end of the day.
Oh sweetie, I completely appreciate that by the end you probably wanted to glue her eye lids shut lol.
Like you say, you didnt lose any sleep over it :)
Iv looked on your page and your lashes are lovely. You should definetely be charging full price.
x

Big ((hugs)) what an awful experience for you!!
A nightmare client!!!

If this or anything similar ever happens again you must ask to stop for a break. You can't make yourself ill over clients like this. Taking a break will also help clear your head and you may find the strength to go back in and say enough is enough,Pleased make another appointment if you want your eyelashes tweaked for £x amount of money.

She's treated you badly and deserves to be sacked!! X

E x

Yes, I charge £15 for removal at any stage, its products at the end of the day.
Oh sweetie, I completely appreciate that by the end you probably wanted to glue her eye lids shut lol.
Like you say, you didnt lose any sleep over it :)
Iv looked on your page and your lashes are lovely. You should definetely be charging full price.
x

Perhaps I will consider removal fee. I usually tint for free if they need it. But thats at full cost. If I ever do another deal Ill be sure to charge for tint. I just want to get the customers in. Some people havent got 60 but maybe would try them for 40 and ive found ive made a lot from infills from these specials as the client is then "hooked" on lashes.

Im waiting for tina to do her course...I want a set! :)

My mum told me off for staying there so long. actually she was with me when she phoned the next day im sure the client heard my darling mum say "give me the damn phone ill tell her to get stuffed" lol

properprincess-albums-my+work-picture40152-cheryl-lashes.png

Here are her lashes. I wasnt happy with them at the end. But I didnt really lose much sleep over it....i was shattered

The woman has evil, psycho eyes!!!

I haven't read all of what has been replied (i have huge migraine so off to bedfordshire in a mo) so sorry if I repeat what others have said.

Firstly, you have more patience than me, I would have told her a firm no and explained that she needs a day or 2 to get used to them and then left - with payment of course.

Now before I say what I am about to, I want to first assure all the genuine ocd sufferers that I am in no way disregarding their affliction.

OCD? What a crock!!
Some people seem to think that its a label they can use willy nilly to excuse the fact that they're a fussy tw*t!!! and I suspect that was what she was doing to try and get out of paying you for your hard work.

I dread to think what she would have been like when it came to applying her minx!!!

I am also shocked that she wasn't in the least bit concerned about the fact that you needed your food and insulin. I would have at least offered you a biscuit and a cup of tea!!

The woman sounds like a monster and I suspect she is also the bargain hunter type, they go wherever is cheapest and then complain to try and get a freebie.

some people are just determined to complain even if there is nothing to complain about.

I wouldn't rush to rebook her if she does contact you again. Those lashes looked beautiful, nothing wrong with them xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

awwww sorry to hear that you had such a hard time, for nothing, as her lashes looked fab!
def' do not include a free tint, and do charge for removal. Lots of places in essex charge £75 for a full set!

Latest posts

Back