What's eating you? ......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artymarty

Young at heart geek
Reaction score
For two weeks now I have had a nasty bite on my right leg, which has just stopped itching and is now actually healing. Yesterday I had ANOTHER on my LEFT leg, same shin area, which is driving me round the bend!!! It starts as a little red lump with the bite mark in the centre. Then the area around it begins to look like it's bleeding under the skin. THEN THE ITCHING STARTS!!! :irked: :irked: . My whole ankle and lower calf area swell up as well. I have been using cold compresses to suppress the itch, as well as using a cream which the chemist suggested. :rolleyes:

I just wondered if anybody else was also being eaten alive...........and if anybody knew exactly what it might be that is doing the eating!! :eek:

Martine x

Hi Martine,my boss has had the same problem.It looks like she has been bitten by a mosquito and had some form of allergic reaction.The area has gone very swollen and almost looks like a love bite on her calf muscle.The whole area is swollen and I said she should go the local chemist and speak to the pharmacist.They were very good and she has been given a hydrocortisone cream.This is helping,different people seem to react to different bites.I had the same thing happen when in Greece a couple of years ago on the top of my arm.was really big and the chemist scared me by telling me it was infected and that the mozzi had probably been in a sewer before taking a nice juicy bite outta my arm.Anyway.put some TCP on it and applied Afterbite,which takes away the itch.HTH

antihistamine is good for relieving the itching from mosquito bites, Afterbite is good providing the bite is closed and not weeping etc... you guys are probably getting continental insects/mosquitoes etc that have travelled up with the southerly winds that have bought the hotter weather your way. if you wear perfume then that encourages them to bite.
my sister-in-law (who is in the Midlands) has been bitten terribly and ended up on antibiotics from the doctor.
another good thing to aid the relief from the itching is SolarOil dabbed on the bite area and rubbed in :D

ValencianNails said:
antihistamine is good for relieving the itching from mosquito bites, Afterbite is good providing the bite is closed and not weeping etc... you guys are probably getting continental insects/mosquitoes etc that have travelled up with the southerly winds that have bought the hotter weather your way. if you wear perfume then that encourages them to bite.
my sister-in-law (who is in the Midlands) has been bitten terribly and ended up on antibiotics from the doctor.
another good thing to aid the relief from the itching is SolarOil dabbed on the bite area and rubbed in :D
We are getting all your Mozzi's Sandi,LOL.Best way to solve problem is put mozzi spray on if you're near water in the morn or as the sun goes down.They love me as always have perfume on.When I go abroad I use Jungle formula as I hate the itch.Drives me insane.P.s Sandi,will give the Solar Oil a go,thanx for the tip.xx

ValencianNails said:

I guess it must be these pesky mozzies then..as I'm in the Midlands. I don't tend to wear perfume much..........I reckon they just like the taste of good old English white flesh!! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for the suggestions!! I will certainly try these out.

Martine x

Doesnt matter where i am i get bitten to buggery. I ake antihistamine morning and night and this stops them swellign although i find vinegar good for the itch.

arguing! i really hate it and it gets me down! :-(

Preggo Babe said:
arguing! i really hate it and it gets me down! :-(
:?: what arguing?

Ever since I stopped smoking over 5 years ago, mozzies and anything with a sting find me very attractive indeed. Already, just here in the UK, I have been bitten at the back of my neck several times (ouch!) and I have a nasty bruise of a bite on my lower leg - not very attractive at all.

For the bites at the back of my neck which were very itchy, I put a slither of solar oil on and hey presto - not itch. So thanks again Creative and SolarOil!:)

ValencianNails said:
:?: what arguing?
I'm lost.Nobody arguing,have I been asleep,LOL:!:

I'm lucky, I never really get bitten.

But in the past week my auntie has got a nasty bite on her ankle which is really swollen and sore so she is in a lot of pain walking.

My mum had the same thing abroad last year and the doctor over their gave her soluble calcium tablets. These are great for making the swelling go down you can walk.

I hope that helps a tech in need! :) xxx

Arguing? perhaps they thought you wrote about having your head bitten off lol

For insect bites i use Germolene as it has local anaesthetic and antiseptic takes away the itch and cleans the broken skin from scratching! works fast!

whats eating me???? next doors dog ! the damn thing got in the garden and went for my bum!!!:eek:
as for mozzie bites i am free of them iv never been bitten by them - maybe they dont like my blood!

Anything and everything bites me, and I always get a really bad reaction to them all. To take the itch out try a dab of Olbas Oil it was a tip someone gave me and it does work.

Joan

Latest posts

Back