Whats the best advice you have been given with regards to business ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyk

Reaction score
just wondered what advice you have all been given to follow your dreams ?

Don't overextend yourself.
Find a decent accountant.
Treat your clients as though they are the most important thing in your universe.

Try and ensure that your cash flow position is in sink with your outgoings..especially if your business is growing.

Constantly look at better more cost effective means of running your business better.

If ever there is any spare revenue generated from your activities..dont go off and spend it..keep some in reserve for a rainy day.

Enjoy what you are doing as this will pay dividends in the long term.

Don't give up to quickly,believe in yourself and what you do...even if things look impossible to achieve at times.

The best route to success is to get as many people believing in you as is possible ...this can be your partner,hubby,friends,bank manager and customers etc..get their support and things will be far easier for you :hug:

Last edited:
just wondered what advice you have all been given to follow your dreams ?
Go for it - far worse to look back and regret what you haven't done in life than what you have done!

"Leap & the net will appear"

My husband gave me this Zen saying when I was thinking about going self employed.

I put the script on my treatment room wall as a reminder.

Take that risk & have faith that everything will be fine.

x

I actually heard this today on paul o grady. To achieve your dreams you need three things desire, determination and dedication without one of those three you will never reach your goal!

It really made me think.

Kate

The best advice I got was to do a Business studies course.
So I took that advice and done an NVQ 3 in Owner Business Management.

don't get too friendly with staff
don't be a push over you are a business not a charity
act now not later
always be 1 step ahead

Latest posts

Back