What's your secret?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that pole dancing is fab to get you toned and looking fab xxxxxxx

toned isn't the word, I ache from head to toe constantly!!

I believe that pole dancing is fab to get you toned and looking fab xxxxxxx

I find morris dancing does the same thing - but for the heavy drinking that goes with it!
:lol:

Mmmmmmmm where to start............
I sew, dress making as well as soft furnishings.
Knit, crochet, carve leather,
french polishing, plastering.
Endurance race riding (horses).
I'm a pagan and read rune stones.
I spent 6 years working for the Belgium equivalent of the R.S.P.C.A.
I've done dog behavioral retraining.
I've driven coaches for National express and currently
I'm a Stage coach bus driver:green:
Oh yes, in my spare time:rolleyes: I'm writing a book. Don't know if I'll ever finish it but it calms the mind to write:confused:

mmm what can I say I do?
I can sew, albeit not perfectly but I did sew my girls flowergirls dresses for my wedding (yes my 2 eldest were born out of wedlock :lol:), and knit
I airbrush paintings and also do watercolour, oils (very occassionally) and acrylics, also draw/paint using the pc. Have also done glass painting.......basically anything art/paint wise.
When I was younger I used to do athletics and cross country. I can ride a motorbike.
I am learning photography.
I bake the best pavlova.
I love dancing and would like to learn Latin dance ..aswell as Pole dancing :lol:
oh, when I was at intermediate I learnt how to clean, drill and do a filling on a tooth, I also learnt how to numb a gum...we didnt use a real mouth :lol: we used an orange for the numbing/injecting and old teeth set in plaster of paris for the fillings.
I have 3 talented children, (which I cant claim full credit for :lol: as my husband is a musican) all 3 can draw, eldest is very mechanical, knows her cars and can drift, middle can design and make clothing, and my son is a natural musician,

Last edited:
I'm confessing...

Before I've fallen in love with nail enhancement and been addicted to L&P system,

I used to be an extremely nail bitter before... :Scared:

It was my nightmare... :zzz:

grafxgal....wow how do you have time for all that?

grafxgal....wow how do you have time for all that?

weeeeeeeelll, :lol: its what I can and have done not necessarily what I do. :) When I have time I like to do some of those things, or if someone in the family wants a gift for someone.
I think V and everyone else does way more than I do.

What about me? Well, horses dominated my life for about 20 years and have recently resurfaced! I've done most things, dressage, jumping etc. and even had a couple of Polo lessons!! One things I've never done is bring on a youngster, I need a foal!!

sounds exactly like me!!!! i was horse crazy from the age of six until i had my son aged 18 and iv just been getting back into it i often have dreams about buying one so who knows what the future holds and the best bit is my now 7 yr old son expressed an interest in it and enjoys it so im well happy with that!!

other than the horse thing i dont really do much else apart from watch ALOT of dvds and there is a small group of us who regulary get together and play drinking games all night which im rubbish at, ooh mentioning games me and my man love playing simpsons monopoly which im also rubbish at!!!

This is copper she was the first one i rode and did so untill i got too big!!
copper2001.jpg

Then i got bigger and better and started riding the big boys lol this is flossie she was a thoroughbred and an ace ride
flossie3001.jpg

sounds exactly like me!!!! i was horse crazy from the age of six until i had my son aged 18 and iv just been getting back into it i often have dreams about buying one so who knows what the future holds and the best bit is my now 7 yr old son expressed an interest in it and enjoys it so im well happy with that!!

other than the horse thing i dont really do much else apart from watch ALOT of dvds and there is a small group of us who regulary get together and play drinking games all night which im rubbish at, ooh mentioning games me and my man love playing simpsons monopoly which im also rubbish at!!!

This is copper she was the first one i rode and did so untill i got too big!!
copper2001.jpg

Then i got bigger and better and started riding the big boys lol this is flossie she was a thoroughbred and an ace ride
flossie3001.jpg

What fab pictures and looks like you love your horses :)

Susie...ditto to writing a book!!!! :lol:

My doctor when I was little was a very well known Mass Murderer!!!! :eek:

Susie...ditto to writing a book!!!! :lol:

My doctor when I was little was a very well known Mass Murderer!!!! :eek:

Eep, gotta be Dr Shipman then hasn't it? Bet you're glad you weren't geriatric at the time!!!

Some randomness about me:

I invest in small start up companies and consult with them. I love to see the growth of small business.
I have a tarot reading practice
I lived for several months on a lobster fishing wharf in Maine
I make jewellery
I watch a lot of the original 80's He Man on DVD
Most of my adult life has been living in Canada or the US
I am fascinated by penguins

Skymark,

You could be handy, help me get my salon off the ground, by reading it's future in the cards, celebrate it's prophecised success with lobsters and jewellery, then spend retirement swapping comic flicks.
You can keep the penguins though, lol

I actually get this told to me quite a bit, but I'm not surprised as I am a qualified Architectural Technician and work full-time as a Construction Project Manager - yes hard hats and boots! but have just completed my level 2 in Beauty Therapy :)

I breed chickens and have a pet cow who I used to milk! My clients cant believe that when I leave the salon I like nothing more than getting on my wellies and attending my farm! (well small holding)

It is so interesting to see everyone's secret!! :)

On top of doing nails and lash extensions from home,
I am a university student studying classics, and
I am also a ballet teacher.

Ooo this thread is good! I'm not a beauty person quite yet but I hope to complete spray tan training next month and then maybe lashes too. I love everything to do with beauty :green:

I'm at Uni studying Ancient History and Classical Civilisation, hope to do a Masters after it and then possibly a PHD.

I also work part time at the DVLA at the moment but I shall be quitting next summer. Bit of a strange combination of things Ancient History, Beauty and Driving Licences lol

I served an apprenticeship as an electrician with a petrochemical company, then trained as an instrument tech so I could work doing both. This was also a hard hats and steely toecap boots, but I had the delightful boiler suit to go with it to lol. Then did a degree in electrical engineering part-time while working.
Sat my finals when 6mth pregnant with first child then became a stay at home mum.

6 years later, decide to train in spray tanning lol.
Just a bit different lol, but it works for me :) xxxx

Oh, also I have a licence to drive tractors and played badminton for scotland when 14yrs old x

Not qualified as yet. Almost there, but when I'm not practicing, I build paper models. Busy with Optimus prime as vehicle mode from Transformers.

I do panto and am playing captian hook this year.
I spend an hour every day walking my retriever and listening to 80's music, christmas songs or ricky gervais on my ipod
I've worked in a law office, for a life assurance sales office, as a home care assistant, in a nursing home, as a PA and had mcjobs over the years too!
I have an Institute of Management Diploma so could put letters after my name which I have NEVER done lol!
I have an a level in law which proved I have no memory for dates at all yet I can tell you my entire extended family's birthdays and anniversaries by heart!
I'm a secret mills and boon reader
I subscribe to Scarlet magazine and have done since it launched and I have been to Erotica Exhibition dressed as a saucy angel! :o :eek: :lol:

Latest posts

Back