When is it wrong to keep quiet? Debate.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well MM, She was just a flusy. Flirting with the men, she didnt resist when they started having sex with her but she did say 'stop' at one point during the rape. She was drunk. She was unclear in her video interview about what happened exactly, and it was just her maner, covering up i felt because i think she wanted it to happen, but couldnt handel it when it did happen !(because she was under age, she wasn't in court in person)

15, drunk and asking for it?

Just trying to get my head round this. Still needs protecting at that age, even if it's from herself.

I know, she just made my blood boil, she was stupid. But thing is... the guys shouldn't have done it. It was so wrong to take advantage of her. It was Thier fault, they shouldn't have raped her. It was so wrong. But I couldn't sympathise with her because of the way she was acting.

It was very emotional for the jury on all sorts of levels. Some of the jury had sons, some had daughters, and it was a difficult time for us. But he went down for it 10-2 agreement, which was the right thing.

I fail to see how anyone could
possibly be "asking" to be raped

however it is very irritating when girls "cry" rape to get out of situations. I know of someone who's done it and she ended up worse off than him in the end

There has emerged another strong theme here, over whether how girls dress/ behave can invite sexual assault.
My thoughts are that it's very little to do with how you dress, but a lot to do with how drunk you are. That goes for both sexes.
Alcohol causes loss of inhibitions, and makes us careless of observing keep-safe rules.
No victim of a crime deserves it.
However, if you are drunk you might leave your bag unattended, leave your car unlocked, leave the door unlocked.
Or fail to notice the danger signs of a- perhaps a similarly disinhibited - sexual opportunist.

I fail to see how anyone could
possibly be "asking" to be raped

however it is very irritating when girls "cry" rape to get out of situations. I know of someone who's done it and she ended up worse off than him in the end

No, not asking to be raped but putting herself in a dangerous situation, inviting advances, egging them on and then saying "no" is simply stupid. It's not asking for it but it really is very dangerous.

I agree with dandelionpoppy, I don't think it makes much (if any) difference what you are wearing.

Any normal/decent person would not think to assalt someone, regardless of how skimpy their outfit was.

But if you are too drunk you could be more vunerable, as the people that commit these violet acts could see you as an easy target.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, it's the men at fault, young nieve girls who get drunk need looking after, not being raped by scrum bags. But the girls shouldn't get themselves in situations.

No, not asking to be raped but putting herself in a dangerous situation, inviting advances, egging them on and then saying "no" is simply stupid. It's not asking for it but it really is very dangerous.

I'm with you on that, however I don't see how a girl is inviting advances by minding her own business walking home after a night out as some People have said.

if there was a bloke walking down the road topless (as some wallys tend to do these days lol) I wonder how many women would pin him down and force him to have sex with them and get away with it by saying "oh it's cause he was dressed like a stripper"

I'm with you on that, however I don't see how a girl is inviting advances by minding her own business walking home after a night out as some People have said.

if there was a bloke walking down the road topless (as some wallys tend to do these days lol) I wonder how many women would pin him down and force him to have sex with them and get away with it by saying "oh it's cause he was dressed like a stripper"

By walking home by yourself at night, as a woman/girl , you are putting yourself in danger. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is, and that's the way it has always been, for centuries. Nothing has changed. There are men out there who are rapists. Fact. Don't put yourself in a vulnerable position and you won't get hurt.

Women on the whole don't tend to be rapists. But men can also be in danger of coming across a drunken nutter who wants to kick his head in for no reason. You see it on crime watch.

Women who say "well I should be allowed to wear whatever I want and do whatever I want and not get hurt" have obviously been living under a rock. Their parents first and foremost should have warned them during their upbringing that life isn't like that and it never has been. Get real!

we SHOULD be allowed to wear whatever we want and do whatever we want, yet I know that's not the case. I'm not as naive as you may have perceived my post to have been😊

By walking home by yourself at night, as a woman/girl , you are putting yourself in danger. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is, and that's the way it has always been, for centuries. Nothing has changed. There are men out there who are rapists. Fact. Don't put yourself in a vulnerable position and you won't get hurt.

Women on the whole don't tend to be rapists. But men can also be in danger of coming across a drunken nutter who wants to kick his head in for no reason. You see it on crime watch.

Women who say "well I should be allowed to wear whatever I want and do whatever I want and not get hurt" have obviously been living under a rock. Their parents first and foremost should have warned them during their upbringing that life isn't like that and it never has been. Get real!

I agree Mobile Manicure, my point of view comes from what I've been told when I was brought up, my parents always told me not to walk alone. Might sound 'strict' but it has shaped me into a wise and mature 19 year old.
I still have sympathy for the vulnerable girls that have walked alone and have been victims but personally, I don't walk if I know I don't have a lift or if I'm not with a group of friends.
It may sound judgemental but it's better than putting yourself in danger.

we SHOULD be allowed to wear whatever we want and do whatever we want, yet I know that's not the case. I'm not as naive as you may have perceived my post to have been😊

I can also agree with you Ginarose, I don't like being told what to wear and what to do but the whole point is sure you can do what you like, wear what you like and be wherever you like!
But it doesn't mean it's okay to put yourself in a bad situation... I'm sure every girl has a bad feeling walking alone at night, that's why it's not wise to do it!

I can also agree with you Ginarose, I don't like being told what to wear and what to do but the whole point is sure you can do what you like, wear what you like and be wherever you like!
But it doesn't mean it's okay to put yourself in a bad situation... I'm sure every girl has a bad feeling walking alone at night, that's why it's not wise to do it!

I can totally see your point of view and mobile manicure's.. It's a shame it has to be like this. to add to mobilemanicure's post, it's also very true about men walking home alone being attacked by random nutters, my friends boyfriend was attacked last year and hit over the head with a "kosh" type weapon ended up in hospital.. there are just fruitloops out there nobodies safe x

Here lies the problem, on the news at the moment there is some poor young girl missing after leaving friends and a club on Saturday night. People, male & female are not safe out late on their own, I don't think it matters much what you are doing or wearing if you have a lunatic out and about at the same time as you you're in trouble - safety in numbers, never walk off on your own!

What Would You Do? With John Quinones - ABC News

I've watched several clips on youtube about this guy and the situations he puts people in.

Maybe this will help give people a bigger outlook on the world, would you speak or because a situation is not a direct insult do we brush it under the carpet?

What Would You Do? With John Quinones - ABC News

I've watched several clips on youtube about this guy and the situations he puts people in.

Maybe this will help give people a bigger outlook on the world, would you speak or because a situation is not a direct insult do we brush it under the carpet?

I answered the first question of the quiz and watched less than two minutes of the video but theses were my thoughts...

The girl walking into the restaurant covered in cuts and bruises and the man walking in behind her shouting at her, would I intervene? No and I'll tell you why briefly. My husband intervened years ago with a guy slapping a girl in the street...he confronted the guy, the girl in the meantime got up of the pavement where she had been punched so hard and attacked my husband for interfering in their argument.

The video clip was showing domestic violence, then showed a picture of Rhianna when her boyfriend beat her up.....SHE STILL went back to him, most people that suffer violence do...

I have no time for it to be honest, there is so much violence and random attacks on men and women. For putting your five pence in these days you probably would leave with a knife wound if you were that lucky to actually come out alive. I keep myself to myself these days. I would probably call the police if I witnessed something untoward going on but generally I don't take much notice and just keep moving.

Men don't rape women because of what they wear! It's common knowledge that it's much more than that, including being about power and control.

I do feel like giving the radio a virtual slap when I hear that a female was attacked whilst walking home alone at 02.00 across a park though! Common sense and taking responsibilty for your own safety goes out the window with alcohol use it seems.

I can totally see your point of view and mobile manicure's.. It's a shame it has to be like this. to add to mobilemanicure's post, it's also very true about men walking home alone being attacked by random nutters, my friends boyfriend was attacked last year and hit over the head with a "kosh" type weapon ended up in hospital.. there are just fruitloops out there nobodies safe x

Yes I also know my friend's brother was viciously attacked in Covent Garden by a gang of youths, he was on his own too.

Latest posts

Back