Where does the skin go after piercing?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yuk so gross! yes where does it go????

:eek: it doesn't go anywhere cos there isn't any ...:lol: it pierces the ear lobe...like if you stab an apple, it makes a hole...there isn't a piece of apple missing.

this is so hilarious, can you imagine if any piercers are reading it. they must think its hillarious.:lol:

When i had my navel pierced they used a hollow needle and said that it removes a piece of flesh to make room for the piece of jewellery ????

where are all the piercers on this site to clear this one up, i know we have some :lol:

When i had my navel pierced they used a hollow needle and said that it removes a piece of flesh to make room for the piece of jewellery ????
When using the piercing gun for ears, it just pierces the skin, doesn't put a 'hole' in it as such, the earing is just pushed through the skin.

With other piercings, a catheter is used which is a hollow needle. Because the needle is hollow I would assume some skin would end up in the needle but if you look at a catheter, it has a point with the hollow slanting backwards from the point so it would still work on the concept of the piercing gun so it wouldn't act like a hole punch and cut out a hole, but a little skin may end up in the hollow.

The concept of removing a piece of flesh to make room for the piercing isn't accurate. You are piercing the skin, not stamping a hole in it. Otherwise there would be no need for stretchers.

One way to know for sure is to go to the chemist and buy a catheter or needle from a syringe and try it on an orange.

Just found this bit of info on wikipedia:

The standard method involves making an opening using a hollow medical needle. The needle is inserted into the body part being pierced. While the needle is still in the body, the initial jewelry to be worn in the piercing is pushed through the opening, following the back of the needle. Piercing using hollow medical needles does not actually remove any flesh—the method cuts a "C" shaped slit and holds it open in the shape of the cross section of the needle: in this case, a circle.

this is so hilarious, can you imagine if any piercers are reading it. they must think its hillarious.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:...Iknow what you mean hun xxxx

The standard method involves making an opening using a hollow medical needle. The needle is inserted into the body part being pierced. While the needle is still in the body, the initial jewelry to be worn in the piercing is pushed through the opening, following the back of the needle. Piercing using hollow medical needles does not actually remove any flesh—the method cuts a "C" shaped slit and holds it open in the shape of the cross section of the needle: in this case, a circle.

Thanks for that xxxxxx

Cheers hun :hug:

Latest posts

Back