Where to learn nail art such as THIS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a hug from me:hug:

We're not a bad bunch!

The world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things don't you think!

The nails on that site have had an awful lot of hard work put into them, but it's not a style much 'appreciated' to a lot of peeps. I suppose it goes against our teaching grain!

Enjoy having a good look around this site, there is some stunning stuff to be found - make yourself a flask of coffee & sarnies - you'll be here awhile!:lol:

Thanks Bev, btw your nails are HOT!!

:o Ohh! Thanks very much :hug:xx

(I'll pay you later pmsl!)
:lol:Bev I often wonder about you LMAO
Seriously We are a great bunch here its just we sometimes get a bit passionate in our replys...:hug:
Welcome to a noob.
Jen xx

thanks busybee :hug:

I have to say, I think they are shocking. Totally out of shape etc.. and I have to agree with the comments above!!!

[
hi check out nyrees nails on my space she does nail art work shops based in birmingham u can leave a message for information

=Lockstar;734414]Check out this woman's page!
You'll be blown away, I guarantee it!

MySpace.com - Angela (Nail Tech / Glitter Freak) - 38 - Female - MODESTO, California - www.myspace.com/mousedragonflies

Since my last visit here my nail art has come on in leaps and bound thanks to the advice you gave me, but I'm no way near the standard of this lady.

I'm going to email sarah@graftons later on and ask about EzFlow courses, but does anyone know of anyone else who offers courses in nail art such as what this lady does?

It seems all of the best nail techs are anywhere but the UK :irked: although this could simply be because I haven't scoured the net enough!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everyone in this topic, altho yes the nail art is great, the nail's themselves are awfull, thick,wide free edges some of them are even lob-sided, i'm training in l&p and even i can get mine straight nice and thin and the correct shape, i once had a tech do my nail's like those and i told her there an then i wasn't happy with the end result, even tho she tried to rectify them i ended up getting home and re-shaping them myself, thats when i decided 1 find a good nail tech which i did and 2 get trained which i am, as for great UK nail tech's there are loads on here and i kno a few personally

Check out this woman's page!

MySpace.com - Angela (Nail Tech / Glitter Freak) - 38 - Female - MODESTO, California - www.myspace.com/mousedragonflies

Since my last visit here my nail art has come on in leaps and bound thanks to the advice you gave me, but I'm no way near the standard of this lady.

I'm going to email sarah@graftons later on and ask about EzFlow courses, but does anyone know of anyone else who offers courses in nail art such as what this lady does?

It seems all of the best nail techs are anywhere but the UK :irked: although this could simply be because I haven't scoured the net enough!

Thanks everyone!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Boy will you get some stick for your last comment.:smack: I can only assume that you won't realise how insulting you sounded - especially as there are many teks on this site who do nails 1000 times better than the ones shown in the link!

To become any 'standard' requires skill, practise and talent - often god given and natural, and many times hard earnt through many hours and skill.

Please remember to ALWAYS be respectful. The United Kingdon houses some of the finest nail artists globally and we should be proud and respectful of them all.

Think :idea: when posting; when there are over 19,000 users and posters, it is important to post constructively and respectfully or feathers get ruffled!!!

Thanks for reading! :idea::!:

Oh My,

That is SOOOOOOOO insulting to the nail geeks on here and others not on here.
You obvously have NOT looked at the geeks nail gallery, you have NOT looked at geeks business websites which most have a gallery of nail art, you have NOT looked at any of the competion photos.
I also take you have NOT looked at the various site by ENGLISH nail artists.

I think if you had looked you would find the work intricate, detailed, totaly amazing, and shows what true professionals can do.

All ENGLISH nail techs as well!!!!!!!!!!!........
The Flair is their thing in California like the point is you guys thing

Now I'm a little insulted I'm not from the U.k. I'm from the U.S. Ive been on this site a good while and I think we all get inspired by each other

Check out this woman's page!

Thanks everyone!
No offense to you guys but thats not the standard where I live the nail art is wonderful but the nails suck too too wide

Last edited:
I have most of my nail work done in the US and it is different to the UK, not saying one is better than the other, that's impossible to qauntify. It certainly is cheaper though at more than half the price.

(I don't like the nails in question btw). When I have to be in the UK I often go to the American salon in York to have the work done as it's similar to the States but the price always shocks me (fill with art around £40). I could do it myself but I like to be pampered.

I love my nails with crazy art and longish and square, I don't like Stiletto or anything rounded, but it's horses for courses and I am sure all clients want different things and there are certainly some very talented techs in the UK that can give them what they want.

I love browsing through the piccies on here, there are some great "works of art" by talented people.

Latest posts

Back