Where to learn nail art such as THIS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lockstar

Reaction score
Check out this woman's page!
You'll be blown away, I guarantee it!

MySpace.com - Angela (Nail Tech / Glitter Freak) - 38 - Female - MODESTO, California - www.myspace.com/mousedragonflies

Since my last visit here my nail art has come on in leaps and bound thanks to the advice you gave me, but I'm no way near the standard of this lady.

I'm going to email sarah@graftons later on and ask about EzFlow courses, but does anyone know of anyone else who offers courses in nail art such as what this lady does?

It seems all of the best nail techs are anywhere but the UK :irked: although this could simply be because I haven't scoured the net enough!

Thanks everyone!

Check out this woman's page!
You'll be blown away, I guarantee it!

MySpace.com - Angela (Nail Tech / Glitter Freak) - 38 - Female - MODESTO, California - www.myspace.com/mousedragonflies

Since my last visit here my nail art has come on in leaps and bound thanks to the advice you gave me, but I'm no way near the standard of this lady.

I'm going to email sarah@graftons later on and ask about EzFlow courses, but does anyone know of anyone else who offers courses in nail art such as what this lady does?

It seems all of the best nail techs are anywhere but the UK :irked: although this could simply be because I haven't scoured the net enough!

Thanks everyone!

Sorry but I find your last sentence rather insulting, especially since there are a lot the geeks that are from the UK on here that do fabulous work.

Personally I don't like flares or nails that look overly thick.

I'm sure the UK techs will disagree with you :eek:

Have you checked out the Geek Gallery yet? One of the members whose nailart stands out to me is Glorsclaws, she's a UK geek and a fantastic inspiration.
There are a lot of nailart pics on this site and loads of nailart links, all you need do is use the search facility.

I agree with Sheryl re the flared nails, IMO they're not attractive or flattering.

I do agree that is rather insulting to the UK techs on here, some who are absolutely brilliant. Have a good look through the gallery & I'm sure you'll see some of the "best".

I really didn't see anything that you would need lessons to do, as long as you have had some training.

Get yourself some glitters, some paint/polish and a dotting tool and some striping brushes. Then see what you can do.

:eek: You DEFINATELY havn't scoured the net enough !!!! Are you kidding us or what ????

Most TRUE nail artists don't have to learn it ... THEY INVENT IT!!

Have to say, yes she uses good colours, but they are so unbalanced, very flared and thick.

My nail art isn't perfect but is at least balanced and not flared.

I did do a nail art course and have done an EZ Flow Design course which specifically shows you how to use colours etc, but they don't tell you what to design, you do it yourself and let the creative juices flow.

As Geeg says, you are either artistic naturally or you have to work hard at it, art can be taught, but you will never have the special something that makes someone go Wow!

Just play and have a go at designing stuff. You are the only person who limits what you do.

Oh My,

That is SOOOOOOOO insulting to the nail geeks on here and others not on here.
You obvously have NOT looked at the geeks nail gallery, you have NOT looked at geeks business websites which most have a gallery of nail art, you have NOT looked at any of the competion photos.
I also take you have NOT looked at the various site by ENGLISH nail artists.

I think if you had looked you would find the work intricate, detailed, totaly amazing, and shows what true professionals can do.

All ENGLISH nail techs as well!!!!!!!!!!!........

Sorry Babes but I just dont like the look of those nails in the link a true nail artist will create a beautiful canvas to show off their art work.
I am sure you will find lots and lots of the uk techs are fanatstic nail artists :)

Im not a fan of the shape of her nails, there is no denying that her art work is eye catching, but before you can create beautiful art you have to create a beautiful nail!

I think if you look through the Geeks Gallery you will find that there are some simply stunning work in there, with wonderfuly formed nails and art on top!

Also I think you will find that there are alot of techs who can create much better work that are based in the UK!!! Shock horror!!

xxxxxxxx:hug:

Personally, I couldn't even notice the 'art' since the shape of the nails were so abysmal.

And I am STUNNED about your comments of techs in the UK.
Had you even tried searching this site alone, you would have found art that by far EXCEEDED those horrid things she called nails.

I'm in Canada, and I moan incessantly how I wish a Geek (from the UK) could come an do my nails!
I haven't anyone "nearby" than can do art like that and WISH I lived in the UK!

Have another look at this site and see what you're missing out on.
There are COMP WINNERS here, TONNES of them!!

And as been said, you have it, or you don't.

PS:
Forgot to mention that it is one of our very own UK based geeks that is doing 3D acrylic flowers for me, for my wedding, that she will post to me in the mail!!!

Hi Lockstar
Dont Need To Learn Make Your Own Nail Art
Have A Go At It Its Fun Just Try You Will Love It

Hi Lockstar, i noticed you are a newbie, you are obviously a beginer in nails, yes ? I'm sorry i was rude in my last post but i was a bit shocked by your thinking they were good nails ! as i think most of us were. Take a look at the geeks gallery hun, we have some amazing techs here in the uk. Please don't, whatever you do strive to do nails like that it's a crime! yes the art was ok, not fantastic or anything, but the shape was god awfull.
This is more the shape. Can you see the difference?
Keep practicing, and good luck x :hug:

Attachments

• comp_practice_feb_06_005 e.jpg
    comp_practice_feb_06_005 e.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 448
I beleive the "flared" shape is hot at the moment in us,
But over here I can't honestly say its appealing,

And I think this is a GOOD thing !

The overall look of the nails on that page is NOT what you should be striving to create hun,
a good structure is needed for a strong enhancement, and is also needed to make it pleasing to the eye...

I know for a fact if I was to walk around my local shops with those nail, there would be no looks of admiration,
Only shock :eek:

I really don't want this to sound like I am dissing the tech, as I said I have heard it is one of the current trends in US,

But to say there are no talented techs here in the UK, I am very shocked by this...

Whacking some blobs of acrylic or gel on a nail plate and making a swirly pattern isnt talent...or artistic....My 8 year old could do that.....Infact if I trained him to...my dog could probably do that....

Creating a beautiful Nail with a perfect form and structure
that is talent In MY oppinion
x

well, flared nails are not my cup of tea. i dont find them flattering to the hands or attractive to the eye.

but i think this nail artist has chosen to do this shape and made it her trademark style. i dont think shes doing it because she cant do other styles.

dang i think the UK has the better training and choice of classes! where i live its hard to find a nail tech program, let alone a class by an individual company!
flared nails are hideous *gags*

I have just checked out her album too after logging in,
Some of the work on there is OK But nothing amazing imo...
Some good and not so good points

I wont critique though as I havent been asked :lol:

Well having been and looked I dont want to comment on the nails as she might be a Geek or come in here and read so its not fair imo to comment on them as she didn't ask for critique.

I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of UK techs, I cant see how you reached that conclusion when I look at what I see as inspiration in this forum, and there is plenty if you look for it :hug:

Well having been and looked I dont want to comment on the nails as she might be a Geek or come in here and read so its not fair imo to comment on them as she didn't ask for critique.

I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of UK techs, I cant see how you reached that conclusion when I look at what I see as inspiration in this forum, and there is plenty if you look for it :hug:

Min11 you are so right here. This happens time and again, and everyone puts their five eggs in but the poor girl who did those nails hasn't asked anyone what they thought and is probably unaware her work is being discussed! And I'm saying nuffin!

I notice the original poster was a newbie geek, with only a few posts to her name. It does take a while to navigate round the site, it will only be a matter of time before she finds all the lovely pics in the gallery here. :hug:

The flare shape is very popular here in California(same place as the nail tech). Honestly i think she is one of the best that I have ever seen. Not everybody does the same type of work especially if they are from different countries!!!!!

Back