Which Cuticle Oil do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which Cuticle Oil do you use?

• CND Solar Oil

Votes: 359 58.4%
  • EZFlow Essential oil plus

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • NSI Nurture Oil

Votes: 62 10.1%
  • Other Brand

Votes: 157 25.5%

• Total voters
I use CND solar oil and Young Nails Rose oil, both smell beautiful.

i have got youngs rose oil,smells lovely, but didn't like the fact that its main ingredient is sunflower oil, also tried solar oil which is lovely but at the moment i'm using and retailing 'no lift nails cuticle oil, it smells identical to solar oil, slightly thicker formula it had advocado in it too as well as vit e and sweet almond, yum! makes me feel like a slice of christmas cake each time i use it! x

I have tried nutra oil and I prefer the smell to Solar oil, not a fan of almonds, but the results I get from Solar IMO are much better so Solar oil wins for me. inspite of the smell:lol:

Hi Solar oil seem to be a very popular choice , wouldn't it be great if it came in different delicious exotic smells
(Sweet Solar oils collection )

like Caribbean Cocktail or Cherry Orchids , or Vanilla twist , Strawberry tart
Rose hip and Linden blossom mmmmm gosh I would just love all of these oils
in a box collection , Just imagine mmmmm :hug: x

Hi

I use the Entity Cuticle Oil, really light feel to it and smells great ( of Apricot). Great packaging for retail too, all pink and grey.:lol:

Anna and I tend to use a couple different kinds. There's the Akzentz cuticle oil (it smells like almonds, I could sit and huff it all day..mmmmm), and another one *runs to drawer to see* uffff, theres no label on it. But its in this little round bottle, has a rose pedal in it. It (of course) smells like roses. Its awesome. I find most things that smell like "roses" tend to be very overpowering and slightly nauseating because of it. But this stuff gives a REALLY nice smell, nothing overpowering (we tend to use this one if someone has an allergy to nuts)

its Solar oil all the way for me, i love it!!

:):) Hi there.. I use Tammy Taylor cuticle oil. They have various kinds but I prefer the peach. You also get vanilla gardenia & a few more.

hi geeks,
can you use solar oil with other products as its creative and i use star nails but would like to try out this solar oil as it is so popular(i am all ready to buy it from beauty for nails)but really need feedback if i can use it with star nails products.if this is a silly question i apologize now:Grope:
thankyou x x xx

Hi, I used to use Solar Oil all the time, but I purchased nail matrix cuticle oil from sally once without paying much attention. My clients all ask for that brand now as they adore the smell of marzipan? You often see them leaving the salon sniffing their fingers :hug:

Sas

Ive been reading on here about using cuticle oil on the nails after applying polish is that what you mean? would it not affect the wet polish do you mean just add a drop on the cuticle area, ive heard of quick dry drops which are like an oil but are you just talking about any standard oil like solar oil?

Ive been reading on here about using cuticle oil on the nails after applying polish is that what you mean? would it not affect the wet polish do you mean just add a drop on the cuticle area, ive heard of quick dry drops which are like an oil but are you just talking about any standard oil like solar oil?

applying SolarOil to your nails after they have been done actually accelerates the drying process because it isn't alowing the air to get to your enamel... thus slowing down the drying process. I always use Sticky (1 coat), 2 coats of colour and then Super Shiny. I generally wait 2 minutes (this is me at home) and then i slather my nails in S/OIL... works a treat and I never EVER get sheet marks!! :lol:

Young Nails rose oil:)

Can any cuticle oil work to apply ontop of polish as i thought when polish is exposed to air it helps it to dry similar to when you think of varnish in a bottle that becomes thick when exposed to air just thinking if clients ask my reasons for doing so, as it may seem strange to them to wet the nails with oil after applying polish

Can any cuticle oil work to apply ontop of polish as i thought when polish is exposed to air it helps it to dry similar to when you think of varnish in a bottle that becomes thick when exposed to air just thinking if clients ask my reasons for doing so, as it may seem strange to them to wet the nails with oil after applying polish

Hi Layla, maybe some of the others can reply in regards to the oils they use, but I only know it works with SolarOil. When enamel is exposed to air it will dry soon enough but if you prohibit the air getting to it, it actually dries more quickly. ;)

what about the solar speed spray would you use this solar oil as oposed to this or is it ok to use both

what about the solar speed spray would you use this solar oil as oposed to this or is it ok to use both

Well SolarSpeed Spray contains DMU and is specifically designed to dry enamel quickly and with all the good properties of SolarOil. Honestly, it's just me that loves to slather S/O over enamel and it works so I do it but I do get your point about cleints possibly feeling uncomfortable about it as the don't understand the technical side. ;) SolarSpeed Spray is designed for it and would probably look way more professional in the salon!! Just a thought anyway!

i guess thats whats great about this industry theirs so many different ways you can go about doing it and doesnt necessary mean its wrong you just have loads of options which makes it all more fun

Hi there. I use Tammy taylor peach cuticle oil.:)

Latest posts

Back