which % of tanning solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
I use sieanna tanning solution, i use the 8% and 10%.Which % do you use the most?Ive found the 10% can make you look orange?:confused:

I use 8% the most!!

But i have used 10% loads this week... my clients never get a orange look!!

I use the 8% and only apply one coat.

R u applying more than one coat with the 10% as that could make the client have an 'orange' look - though when I've used 10% I must say I don't get the same result (orange that is) :)

I do one coat,then mist over when done.

I use 8.5% sienna x

more natural looking

10% ok on some people

i use mostly 10 & 12%, i only use 8% on red heds and people with really fair skin or if someone wants a natural looking light tan for everyday wear. A lot of my clients like to go really dark for when they are going on night out.

I used 10% most so far, i dont find it orange, its ok on most people i have done tans on.

Hiya,
When I first started 8.5% was my most requested as it gives a lovely glow rather than a Tan (if you know what i mean.)
I still use this colour on clients who have never had a spray tan before as it shows them that you dont need to look like Donatella Versace, clients with very very pale skin and of course red heads.

10% is extremely popular as you spray once then mist over again to finish.
It may look orangey when your done but once they have washed its beautiful. I use the 10% all the time and never had a problem with it.
I live in Inverness Scotland and majority of folk are pale. :lol:

The 12.5% is getting even more popular as its a lovely brown colour the next day.
I would say 10% and 12.5 is the best Sienna range however I have noticed I need to spray twice with the 12.5%
Hope some of this has helped.:hug:
xxxxxxx

Hi - my most popular solution is 10%., I have very few pale/fair/redheads so I hardly use the 8.5%. Also hardly use the 12.5% as I dont have anyone with sallow skin - except my cousin - lucky her !! hth

I use mainly 8 & 10 and 12 in the summer months !!!!!

Dont use 5% much at all but keep it just in case. You never know and its best to be prepared !!!!

Hi

i use 8% and do 2 coats with the exception of red heads

Well as a skin type II I would have to say at this time of year I personally would spray myself a 6%. I am fair haired, blue eyed, freckled and hail from South West Scotland and believe me I would be very orange with a 10%!!
It depends on the "look" you are after. I like the natural look which is very much prevalent this year. I believe the "sheer" look is where its at!! You will always have the girls who dont mind looking "fake" so you can spray them a higher %. Personally you shouldnt be spraying higher than a 8% to look natural, stepping up to 10% coming into Summer for that "natural" progression. Only olive skin tones can take the much deeper 12%'s

Happy spraying!
Liz

Well as a skin type II I would have to say at this time of year I personally would spray myself a 6%. I am fair haired, blue eyed, freckled and hail from South West Scotland and believe me I would be very orange with a 10%!!
It depends on the "look" you are after. I like the natural look which is very much prevalent this year. I believe the "sheer" look is where its at!! You will always have the girls who dont mind looking "fake" so you can spray them a higher %. Personally you shouldnt be spraying higher than a 8% to look natural, stepping up to 10% coming into Summer for that "natural" progression. Only olive skin tones can take the much deeper 12%'s

Happy spraying!
Liz

When you say skin type II what do you mean by this? Is there different categories for different skin types?

When you say skin type II what do you mean by this? Is there different categories for different skin types?

Most companies have catorgories for skin types as you would not spray someone with pale skin that normally burns in the sun with a 10 or 12 % as they would turn orange.

As a rule of thumb pale skinned clients that burn would be best with a lower % solution either a 5 or 6 depending on the brand.

joe bloggs down the road that tans but sometimes goes a little red would be a 8

a darker skinned person that tans easily would be a 9 or 10 - again depending on the companies solution.

then you have a darker skinned mediterarean skin that tans very easily and has a deep base colour - they would be a 12 or 14 - again depending on the company.

skin types can called I,II or III or even pale, fair, normal, dark. Its all down to how the company that you are using and how they word it but I hope that I have clarified some of your question in this response.

Tan on girls & boys !!!!

Thanks Tracey - I use a guide of skin types for which strength solution I use but have never really put them into categories so thanks for that.

Thanks Tracey - I use a guide of skin types for which strength solution I use but have never really put them into categories so thanks for that.

No probs hun - hope was useful !!!!!:hug:

ok geeks, put me out of my misery please....

I am using 8.5% sienna a lot at the moment but I want a darker one to offer the people who tan easily too.... in the Q10 range they only do 8.5% and 12.5%, now i'm guessing that the 12.5% would be a little too much for most people so should I order the 10% from the other range that Sienna do?

whats the difference between the 2 ranges?? :eek:

thanks, my brain hurts at the moment!! lol

Latest posts

Back