Which product ?- where are the experts please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I have been a member of this site for over 2 years and have found it to be of more value than I could ever of have imagined.

I am CND trained and I know that there are many CND people who will help me but I am lucky because Geeg is always around to give the definitive reply.

But what about you other users, Who is there for you ? I am talking about people with 20+ years who have worn the T shirt, eaten the pie etc

Izzidoll represents Ezflow admirably

Nailzoo presents all his videos and gives endless advice

I am truly sorry but I cannot recall any others who contribute......where are they ???

I mean no disrespect to experienced people who contribute but hope you can see where I am coming from

It's something I have pondered many times Adele. I have spoken to NSI, OPI and others about having representation here but there is either a blinkered attitude or it falls on deaf ears! The funny thing is... they all come on here... so why not post? There are some that check here EVERY day... it's funny to watch and see what they are actually checking for and yet still... no posts!

My attitude is... help no matter what... why keep your expert knowledge to yourself if you can help others be better... won't that make for a better industry for us all and for the end consumer? Surely the answer is yes??? I think we have proved that time after time through our commitment and investment into salongeek.

Shame others don't see it in the same way I guess!:grr: but I for one am proud to know that we show that committment to ALL no matter their product preference! I think it says a lot :!:...

I think it would be great to have expert members who represent every brand available (without doing so for their own gain), that way when someone who uses 'said' brand asks a technical question that's brand specific they know they will get brand specific answers... it's often difficult to give 100% correct advice regarding brands that are lesser known.

I do know that when Sam started the site a lot of brands were approached to come and join to offer help and advice etc, the majority of them didn't bother!
As a working tech I know what that tells me about them :rolleyes:

It's something I have pondered many times Adele. I have spoken to NSI, OPI and others about having representation here but there is either a blinkered attitude or it falls on deaf ears! The funny thing is... they all come on here... so why not post? There are some that check here EVERY day... it's funny to watch and see what they are actually checking for and yet still... no posts!

My attitude is... help no matter what... why keep your expert knowledge to yourself if you can help others be better... won't that make for a better industry for us all and for the end consumer? Surely the answer is yes??? I think we have proved that time after time through our commitment and investment into salongeek.

Shame others don't see it in the same way I guess!:grr: but I for one am proud to know that we show that committment to ALL no matter their product preference! I think it says a lot :!:...

I think it would be great to have expert members who represent every brand available (without doing so for their own gain), that way when someone who uses 'said' brand asks a technical question that's brand specific they know they will get brand specific answers... it's often difficult to give 100% correct advice regarding brands that are lesser known.

I do know that when Sam started the site a lot of brands were approached to come and join to offer help and advice etc, the majority of them didn't bother!
As a working tech I know what that tells me about them :rolleyes:

That is exactly what I was getting at - so come on out all you educators..........where are you ?

Cheers for the mention Adele!
I like to think I am more generic than answering for a specific brand.
I am lucky in that I have been an Educator for both CND and EzFlow therefore I know how both systems work, and can help out with both, although I am careful to check in case my CND info is out of date sometimes.:rolleyes:

I think Angelfingers has been inspiring over the last while with her fab work on Strut your stuff and is usually on and answers queries for a few other brands. I am sure there are other people as well, but I need time to think lol!!

There was an OPI educator in Switzerland(?) who's name escapes me for the minute, who was fab.

To be honest I just think some other Educators get a bit overwhelmed with all the CND threads, and eventually get bored looking for threads they can help with and fade away from the site.

But you can't get rid of me :lol: ;)

Gret thread Adele.

My take on this is that it is a Catch22 situation. As Izzi has said, some other Educators get a bit overwhelmed with all the CND threads - but then that surely is because it seems to be the CND educators who give the help, in the main, not exclusively though.

If there were more people from other companies willing to give their knowledge freely then there would be more meaningful threads featuring other companies.

Cheers for the mention Adele!
I like to think I am more generic than answering for a specific brand.
I am lucky in that I have been an Educator for both CND and EzFlow therefore I know how both systems work, and can help out with both, although I am careful to check in case my CND info is out of date sometimes.:rolleyes:

I think Angelfingers has been inspiring over the last while with her fab work on Strut your stuff and is usually on and answers queries for a few other brands. I am sure there are other people as well, but I need time to think lol!!

There was an OPI educator in Switzerland(?) who's name escapes me for the minute, who was fab.

To be honest I just think some other Educators get a bit overwhelmed with all the CND threads, and eventually get bored looking for threads they can help with and fade away from the site.

But you can't get rid of me :lol: ;)

Would I dare suggest it? Only joking Izzie (wouldn't dare do otherwise):green:

I think Judy is our resident EZ flow expert? She's helped me loads!

:hug:

I think this site is wonderful and been an absolute god send to me on many occasions, but I did always wonder why in my case there did not appear to be a NSI educator on board I can`t understand why they are not representing themselves on this site it is after all the heart of the nail industry and would promote the education & support of NSI. Surely it would be better for NSI and others to support the tech`s trained by them in order to keep a high level of education/supplier confidence and maintain the loyalty of their customers. I had not up to now given this much thought but it is now provoking deep thought (which I am not accustomed to LOL). All educators that frequent this site worldwide are generous with their vast experience and always willing to help and I for one really appreciate you all.

My attitude is... help no matter what... why keep your expert knowledge to yourself if you can help others be better

This is my attitude all the way. I hope I help all no matter what brand they use, but if someone askes a CND question or about a CND product then I do talk about what I use as a nail technician just as any other nail technician does on the site.

When I approached an educator from another company, who is a regular here on the site, about actually teaching something instead of just pushing the brand I was told, "why should I give it away when people will pay to come to a class?" Maybe this is why others from different companies will not post.

I'm afraid we think differently. And classes are still full. :)

My attitude is... help no matter what... why keep your expert knowledge to yourself if you can help others be better

I can see why brands find it difficult to post and be a presence on this site. The PR that brands get from this site by representing themselves can easily go both ways - good or bad.
For example, I know that the majority of the site has a 'Creative' theme, whether it be the content of the thread or those contributing to that thread, and I admit to making judgements about the Creative brand based on those contributions I've read - both negative and positive.

I think most people make those judgements too, so its a brave move to represent any brand on this site I think.:eek:

Excellent thread Adele.

I would love to see other educators on here too, from all the main suppliers.

Surely, they must realise, that any nail tech, new or old to the biz, who is keen enough to get on and work within the industry are potential customers,, whether they are happy with their current brand of product or not and are seeking help and advice on this forum.
For these 'other' educators to have a valuable input on this site, would, surely, make some techs & new 'wanna-bee's' look towards what they can also offer as a Company.
I started out in this industry with a very poor product and even worse training - which I did not realise at the time. I found this site & being here made me into the tech I am today. I chose to go with CND as they are The Best there is IMO. I have also gone on to train with EzFlow too. Both of these companies are well represented on here, would I have chosen a different brand, had there been other Company's Educators on here?

It did cross my mind, that the 'other' companies would rather sell their expertise, than 'give it away'. That's not very helpful to a newbie/wannabee looking for a company - who are they going to chose? Who are the most welcoming and helpful, approachable people, especially to a scared newbie who does not know which is good or bad.

I can see why brands find it difficult to post and be a presence on this site. The PR that brands get from this site by representing themselves can easily go both ways - good or bad.
For example, I know that the majority of the site has a 'Creative' theme, whether it be the content of the thread or those contributing to that thread, and I admit to making judgements about the Creative brand based on those contributions I've read - both negative and positive.

I think most people make those judgements too, so its a brave move to represent any brand on this site I think.:eek:

Good thing CND has the cojones to take both the good and the bad then isn't it?? The folks at CND can stand their own corner in any battle rather than having to retreat into a corner and hide away if the going gets rough.

We do NOT allow anyone to flame here on the salon geek site nor to post unconstructive posts about brands so I'm not entirely seeing your post as a reasonable argument as to why other brands should not post.

There may be more CND users on the site than any individual brand , but if you look at the threads EVERY product is asked about all the time. And the number of people on the site that represent all the other brands combined excedes the number of CND users.

However it certainly is the CND users and educators who contribute the most to the site in terms of knowledge and advice ... maybe some respect should be given to that instead of making negative judgements because of it.

Good thing CND has the cojones to take both the good and the bad then isn't it?? The folks at CND can stand their own corner in any battle rather than having to retreat into a corner and hide away if the going gets rough.

We do NOT allow anyone to flame here on the salon geek site nor to post unconstructive posts about brands so I'm not entirely seeing your post as a reasonable argument as to why other brands should not post.

There may be more CND users on the site than any individual brand , but if you look at the threads EVERY product is asked about all the time. And the number of people on the site that represent all the other brands combined excedes the number of CND users.

However it certainly is the CND users and educators who contribute the most to the site in terms of knowledge and advice ... maybe some respect should be given to that instead of making negative judgements because of it.

Thank you Geeg - a perfect example of the point I was just making!........Its not easy to have an opinion on this site if your colours are not obviously Creative, and it only takes seconds for a die hard Creative devotee (ie. you) to get on the defence......many times unecessarily in my view.
Now...cue the 15 replies supporting your corner by the usual suspects!!:lol:

Thank you Geeg - a perfect example of the point I was just making!........Its not easy to have an opinion on this site if your colours are not obviously Creative, and it only takes seconds for a die hard Creative devotee (ie. you) to get on the defence......many times unecessarily in my view.
Now...cue the 15 replies supporting your corner by the usual suspects!!:lol:

Why take this attitude ?

Nobody has attacked any product line, I am a Creative user but have the utmost respect for the work of users of other products.

Are you seriously saying that because there are many CND users on this site that educators from other companies are quaking in their boots, afraid to come on here and talk about their product ???

Has it ever occured to you that there are many of us who may have been interested in other products but have found nobody to ask about them ???

See im NOT creative trained and ANYONE on here will help me with any questions i may have :)
I for one would love to see other trainers on here giving help and advice for my products :!: But i must add that i have seen Gemma from united beauty on here more and more so well done Gemma :hug:

I can see what you mean but I know jackie at naughty nails never really pushes a brand and is always happy to help.

Doorie!!!
That was the French speaking, Switzerland living, OPI educator geek,I was thinking of!!!!
Very helpful and fabulous nails!!!

Also of late we have had good contibutions from Gina Silvestero and Viv Simmonds I am sure once they get used to the site they will have even more to offer.

I think things are looking GOOD!!!

I can't believe I didn't mention 1999Judy as a fab EzFlow geek!!!! :o:

To be honest though, there aren't that many CND Educators on here answering threads....really just Geeg and Fiona Wallace. Mostly it is the CND users and Grand masters that fly the flag.

I still stand by what I said regarding the overwhelming sea of CND threads on here putting other brand users and educators off.

Also I will say that although I have reached Educator level with CND and EzFlow I am still open to try and experiment with other brands....isn't that part of the excitment of being in this industry???

I think some people on here could do with being a bit more open and unblinkered!!!

This is a good thread and I hope it doesn't end up being negative one, as I certainly don't mean my contribution to be, although I am already worrying that it will be construed that I am, and I will get a PM to that effect!! :eek:

Last edited:
You've been reading my mind, Adele, with this post...
I have been thinking myself the same these days... and - why other companies representatives are not here?

Well, for one thing, many of the peeps are in UK, USA, Canada, and you can all meet at different events, but what about the rest of the world? It came as a freaky surprise to find out that I'm not only the only one from Croatia, but from this part of the world?! ... anyone from Italy, Hungary, Austria, Polland, Slovakia, Slovenia...? I think I saw someone from Greece, I think, or Turkey, as the nearest one... sorry if I forgot someone... and salons are everywhere! My God! Everywhere!

And so are the representatives, everywhere. And how many of them here, on this wealth of great informations, support and experince being shared in most professional way?

I truly apologize here - I'm not reffering to distributor/representative Geeks. Lana, Gina, Nailzoo with Avolve... sorry, I can't remember them all now.
But many to often we see someone come here just to say - don't go to "them", come to us, coz "they" suck, to troll with their product or to attack Gigi. Where are they when going gets tough and something lifts or doesn't set?

I don't think CND monopolises this site, no matter who is who and who sells what. Yes, I read Gigi's book, but only because SHE WROTE IT and TOLD US ABOUT IT!!! And it's worth it! And I would have read some other company's book IF SOMEONE HAD WRITTEN IT! Or at least said something!

Yesterday I went to one well known gel/LP company to see what do they offer. The girl told me - "you came in the wrong time." Ha? I want to spend 500 $ and I'm in the wrong time?! "The boss wont come to deal with your purchase. Come the other day." Heeh, what? "The boss teaches other techs to do the greatest news in the nail world - stilletto nails" :eek: Ha? And how long do all of you know about this "greatest news"?
And when they asked me what product I use, they dumped all the trash on it. So I took my money elsewhere, and told them - yes, I do know how to make stilleto's :evil: for ages.

Knowledge and improvement, no matter what we use, whether on payed courses or shared between pro's, will benefit all of us and take nail industry to a higher standard level. If someone takes someone's knowledge as an attack to themselves, that's only the sign of insecurity.

Doorie!!!
That was the French speaking, Switzerland living, OPI educator geek,I was thinking of!!!!
Very helpful and fabulous nails!!!

I can't believe I didn't mention 1999Judy as a fab EzFlow geek!!!! :o:

To be honest though, there aren't that many CND Educators on here answering threads....really just Geeg and Fiona Wallace. Mostly it is the CND users and Grand masters that fly the flag.

I still stand by what I said regarding the overwhelming sea of CND threads on here putting other brand users and educators off.

Also I will say that although I have reached Educator level with CND and EzFlow I am still open to try and experiment with other brands....isn't that part of the excitment of being in this industry???

I think some people on here could do with being a bit more open and unblinkered!!!

This is a good thread and I hope it doesn't end up being negative one, as I certainly don't mean my contribution to be, although I am already worrying that it will be construed that I am, and I will get a PM to that effect!! :eek:

An excellent post Izzi. There are many users that post on here for other than CND, 1999 Judy is an excellent example and I admire her enormously.

I really was just asking why there are so few educators who appear, I mean no disrespect to any brand or people......it is a genuine question.

User posts, such as mine are valuable to a certain extent but I would like to see more from the qualified educator as the definitive answer to so many questions from so many techs.

Latest posts

Back