Which product ?- where are the experts please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally would share as much knowledge as possible,
One of the things that has gutted me over the last few months, was that as I haven't had a "client base" as such,
I haven't felt I could join in with as many of the nail threads as I would have liked to, as my own experiences and knowledge were lacking,
I tended to find I reverted back to taking from the site rather than giving...To boost my knowledge back up,

Without all the amazing people on here who have contributed their advice I couldn't have done that at all...

In fact without them, I would still be stuck using what IMO is an inferior product (the one I originally trained with in college)

That thought PETRIFIES ME lol..

I can't wait for the day I feel comfortable joining in and offering proper "juicey" nail advice again...
Sometimes I think I may be right...then wait for someone to answer and see whether I was or not... if I was I make a mental note for next time lol...

But anyway back to the point lol... I think it IS a shame that educators are on here often and are not posting when required.... if they are looking at that thread anyway then why not post ???
And as for financial gain...
well they may find that getting their name recognized on here for the "right reasons" will boost their income, as people will see how helpfull and knowledgeable they are,

I wouldn't personally be happy to go and hand my money over to someone who only wanted to help me because of my money.... whereas to hand my money over to someone who genuinely wants to HELP me, I would be more than happy to do, again and again and again...lol

Similar to how we all think its disgusting how nss salons don't care about their clients welfare, they just want their money.... Those of us who have had clients who have experienced this, will probably have heard how they prefer coming to us, as we genuinely CARE

I feel the same about my educators,

And I agree that the more professional information shared in a place a lot of nail techs come to find it, can only be a positive thing for the industry as a whole, and each individual company...The more your clients (US) learn from you, the better service they pass on to their clients.... the more products they buy from you !!!! makes sense in my head :)

(I have done it again haven't I ...waffled my little heart out and gone off track lmao :green:)

I agree with you emms but have to say that you have also been a massive contributer to this site. I was inspired by so many geeks here and that includes you. I wouldnt be where I am today and would have given up by now otherwise. I honestly can see me turning up to a class one day and you being the educator, you just have that extra special thing you need to do that job imho. I do think that it would be great to see experts from other companies giving their help but am really quite happy with what we have now, it is very special and I may be a saddo but I love being here, it makes me feel I have a whole other life that no one else in my family understands and that is precious to me. xxx

Don't we all become trainers eventually on here.I think a lot of trainers do pop up now and again i know the Calgel lady does but quite often a tech using calgel will answer any questions anyway.
To be fair to calgel i can ring them anytime in the week and speak directly to an educator anyway without posting on here so do they need to be regularly posting on here maybe not from their point of view.

Don't we all become trainers eventually on here.I think a lot of trainers do pop up now and again i know the Calgel lady does but quite often a tech using calgel will answer any questions anyway.
To be fair to calgel i can ring them anytime in the week and speak directly to an educator anyway without posting on here so do they need to be regularly posting on here maybe not from their point of view.

Good point....although I think you mean that most people here can and do pass on knowledge, there is a big difference from that to actually being a trainer/Educator. Anyone who has done Educator training with some of the big companies will know that. (it isn't called boot camp for nothing lol).

Also a good point, that with most big companies if you want to know something about their product, or are having problems...you contact them!!
That is one of the main reasons to train with and buy from your authorised distributor...the ongoing technical support.

I don't post any advice on here that I don't give freely over the phone or to customers when they pop into our premises.
I can talk about nails and nail products all day, every day....and frequently do!!!

I do think as a result of this thread the Educators that are on here should look over their post history, and just see how much TECHNICAL advice ,or step by steps they have given out over, say, the last 3 months, and if their posts mainly are telling people phone numbers for their courses or about their premises and services then that is something they should address.

Good point....although I think you mean that most people here can and do pass on knowledge, there is a big difference from that to actually being a trainer/Educator. Anyone who has done Educator training with some of the big companies will know that. (it isn't called boot camp for nothing lol).

Also a good point, that with most big companies if you want to know something about their product, or are having problems...you contact them!!
That is one of the main reasons to train with and buy from your authorised distributor...the ongoing technical support.

I don't post any advice on here that I don't give freely over the phone or to customers when they pop into our premises.
I can talk about nails and nail products all day, every day....and frequently do!!!

I do think as a result of this thread the Educators that are on here should look over their post history, and just see how much TECHNICAL advice ,or step by steps they have given out over, say, the last 3 months, and if their posts mainly are telling people phone numbers for their courses or about their premises and services then that is something they should address.

I think that is a brilliant idea:)

I have ALWAYS been of the opinion that knowledge should be FREE:!:

Be it learning to read, science, geography, religion etc.. You only have to look at general history to see what happens when there is a lack of knowledge. It's absolutely frightful.

Look at all the people who didn't take courses OR who took shoddy courses (look at me, I took the WRONG course.. a 'poor' course) who are doing nails poorly and A)giving a bad name to the industry with the damage they caused B) doing themselves a disservice by not performing well, and not keeping clients. Look at the NSS!!!

Had I not found this site, I likely would have given up my passion and thrown in the towel. I can probably attribute my success COMPLETELY to this website and the people that make it what it is. I didn't know of Doug's or Marian's books. And if I tried to list the things that I wasn't taught, that I learned HERE..... I'd be here for an hour. The support I found here, the constructive critiques, the ENORMOUS fount of knowledge...... they have made me what I am and have given me goals to strive for. And our lovely Gigi... in the beginning she and I butt heads on a GRAND scale. Despite that I was such a trial to her, despite our arguments.... she has shared her knowledge with me, GENEROUSLY...She has been constructively critiqueing and pushing me in the right direction. She pushed me forward. For this, I love her dearly. As I do many geeks.

BUT don't take me wrong, OF COURSE people should pay for their courses. Hey, everyone's time is something, and it takes money to teach: learning materials, teacher's hourly wage, rent of the location etc... Also, one-to-one training is invaluable and some things simply can't be learned by reading.

But this site is to impassion those that WANT to learn and take courses. It's to support those that have, but have hiccups along the way. It's to share innovative ideas that will benefit EVERYONE. All of this will serve to strengthen our industry. As the saying goes "Knowledge is power".

And for those that jealously hold onto their own knowledge and experiences, for those that feel that they shouldn't give it away for free; my opinion is that you need to get your A** off this site for you are taking from here what you so selfishly will not share: KNOWLEDGE:!:
I have no tolerance for hypocrites. I'm sorry if that is harsh, and it may be deemed inflammatory or rude or whatever.....and I certainly don't want to offend BUT people like that are NOT what this site is about. Were that the case, this site wouldn't be the success that it is.

Truth to tell, and please Judy, do not take offense: although I LOVE EZ Flow, were there a CND course local to me, THAT is most likely the course I would choose simply because there is far more support available for CND users than there is for others. Judy, you can only do so much in a day hun, and I do not fault your support one iota. You've been a true gem. But you can't always be available, and you do have your own life to lead.

So, if other representatives/educators are daunted by the number of CND users found here and their support and favoring of their own product line: they have no one to blame but themselves for their failure to dive into the fray and offer their own support for their products.

I could keep on ranting on this subject, but I've think I've made enough valid points for one day.

I am hoping this info will be helpful.

There is a forum back home similar to ours, but they dont really discuss skin and hair - nails only.

They have a subforums for many nail schools there. Each subforum consists of various threads like troubleshooting, gallery, whats new, education time table and open days. Educators post various articles and step by step master classes with detailed instructions. To be exact there companies like CND, EzFlow, Young Nails, Christrio, Sina, Nfu.Oh, NSI and many more. They are always there to help likewise Izzidoll, Geeg, Mrs Geek and many more on here that share experience with others.

I had bad experiences with various companies, i am not going to mention the company, but once i phoned up to ask about something and was suggested to book a one to one class. That just shown how interested they were to help me.

Thats the reason I have converted to EzFlow L&P with Izzidoll, because she is there everytime i need her:hug:
Thats why I converted to Brisa, because both Fionas are there every time.

Thats why I love this site because Gigi is always here when she needed most.

Simply because these people care about their students all the way and even more. They remember each one of us. They are interested in our success.

I totally agree with many geeks already said that those educators should be here for their students, technicians that use their product.

The question is - are these educators really hiding because they are overwhelmed by CND questions that are always answered, or they dont have an answer?

IMHO:hug:

I've inserted a few comments regarding your post, which was brilliantly said.

II had bad experiences with various companies, i am not going to mention the company, but once i phoned up to ask about something and was suggested to book a one to one class. That just shown how interested they were to help me.
They were only interested in your dollar, and sadly very often the case; and not interested in the betterment of the industry as a whole which only hurts them in the end.

Thats the reason I have converted to EzFlow L&P with Izzidoll, because she is there everytime i need her:hug:
Thats why I converted to Brisa, because both Fionas are there every time.
Thats why I love this site because Gigi is always here when she needed most.
And THESE people that represent brands in a way, do NOT only help those pertaining to their brand BUT help EVERYONE equally! As do many others on this site.

Simply because these people care about their students all the way and even more. They remember each one of us. They are interested in our success.
They are interested in our success and in the strength of our industry AND in 'us' as people WHICH in my opinion, raises them up several notches above many other so-called "industry leaders". This is where the industry begins, at the bottom, with us. Without us... where would it be? It takes nail-techs to make a Nail enhancement industry. And where would we be without these geeks, and people similar to them found elsewhere?

The question is - are these educators really hiding because they are overwhelmed by CND questions that are always answered, or they dont have an answer?
THAT, my dear, is a VERY interesting question...

IMHO:hug:

I have just finished reading all these threads! wow! In doing so I came across a post by izzidoll who mentioned my name. How did you know I still have occasional problems driving this site!!! :confused: LOL! I am getting better though!

I must say that time is probably the hardest thing to tackle when going through the threads. There are SO MANY!!!- which is fantastic! but hard to cover all the threads when time is limited.

I would be more than happy to help answer any questions if I can be of assistance to anyone, whether it be regarding Nfu.Oh or design work, etc. Feel free to email me if you do have a question and I do not respond to a post to prompt me as I may have missed it!

I think these forums are great and it is awesome sharing a common passion with so many!

Viv Simmonds
Australian Importer of Nfu.Oh Products
vividnails

Don't you just hate it when you type a response and then lose it?:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I think (as Nataliya mentioned in her reply), that having sub forums would be a fantastic idea! I don't know how much more work it would involve for The Geek BUT I believe that geeks, educaters and so forth would be much more inclined to share their knowledge within those sub forums.

I appreciate that, some geeks find web sites hard to navigate around, but once the appropriate sub forum has been found and then marked as a favourite, then there shouldn't be so much of a problem :green:

One problem which might occur is that if it was done in the nail forums, then the other forums might want sub forums for their different product brands! Which would all in all probably mean a lot of extra work for The Geek!

I have always been an advocate of the search button, but I must say that even I would prefer an "easy" option!

Whatever the outcome - then all I can say is what a fantastic site to be part of - I know I haven't been around much recently due to "stuff" but it is always comforting to know that my geeky friends are there with just a couple clicks of a mouse button :hug:

I know where you are coming from Snuggs and Nataliya...but!....

We already had social groups on the site where you can go and discuss whatever you want, if you want to talk about 1 particular brand then form a social group about it, and talk away.

However IMHO if we all did that then it would take away from the main Nail Geek Forum and a lot of good information would be missed, just because you maybe don't use that brand (yet!!:))

I also don't think the groups get used that much as people forget about them.
Also they can seem to exclude people...Say you are a XYZ Grand Master you might not want to be seen as a member of ABC Lovers group...and vice versa!
Yet if a thread about ABC products is on the main forums you can have a read, and make your own judgement about the system and system users!!...and no one need know lol!! ;)

Regarding the general point of this thread that some Educators are MIA...then I think it has served it's purpose, as some have been a bit more proactive of late.
Maybe they just needed a slight push into the wonderful world of geek!! It can be quite intimidating, especially if you are new and don't know your way about that well. Educators are only human too!

Either way if it makes the site more eclectic regarding products and brands then I am all for it.

Oh and I followed my own advice and read my recent posting history....and boy have I posted a lot on chit chat lately....I blame sknight totally!!!! :lol:

I know where you are coming from Snuggs and Nataliya...but!....

We already had social groups on the site where you can go and discuss whatever you want, if you want to talk about 1 particular brand then form a social group about it, and talk away.

However IMHO if we all did that then it would take away from the main Nail Geek Forum and a lot of good information would be missed, just because you maybe don't use that brand (yet!!:))

I also don't think the groups get used that much as people forget about them.
Also they can seem to exclude people...Say you are a XYZ Grand Master you might not want to be seen as a member of ABC Lovers group...and vice versa!
Yet if a thread about ABC products is on the main forums you can have a read, and make your own judgement about the system and system users!!...and no one need know lol!! ;)

Regarding the general point of this thread that some Educators are MIA...then I think it has served it's purpose, as some have been a bit more proactive of late.
Maybe they just needed a slight push into the wonderful world of geek!! It can be quite intimidating, especially if you are new and don't know your way about that well. Educators are only human too!

Either way if it makes the site more eclectic regarding products and brands then I am all for it.

Oh and I followed my own advice and read my recent posting history....and boy have I posted a lot on chit chat lately....I blame sknight totally!!!!
:lol:

Well, what can I add - brilliant Izzi:)

See im NOT creative trained and ANYONE on here will help me with any questions i may have :)
I for one would love to see other trainers on here giving help and advice for my products :!: But i must add that i have seen Gemma from united beauty on here more and more so well done Gemma :hug:

hi guys, first of all i would like to say thank you to lisa for mentioning me, i have been in the industry for 12 years and educating for 7, i have been trained with a variety of products and companies inc, opi, calgel, jessica, nsi, ezflow, entity, creative, michelle porters, le chat, star, fusion and odyssey, i am currently teaching NVQ level 2 nail services which is not product by-est and also odyssey advanced classes.
i cant believe that some people wont post on here because they feel that techs should have to pay for advice, i love the way the industry is changing so nail techs can talk to each other and get on no matter what brand they work with. going back a few years i used to do nail competition and nobody spoke to each other but now everyone speaks and it makes the experience so much nicer.

yes this site is going to be slightly product by-est towards creative but the more techs and educators that post on here from other product companies the more open it will be.
i take it as a honer to answer techs questions on anything!

Well I'd just like to say thankyou very much it's so nice to be appreciated xxx
But bear in mind most of my knowledge is passed to me through Ant and I think he knows as I'm somewhat gobby I'll answer a question before he gets chance!!
He's ALWAYS available if you need to PM him and visits the site often.
Thanks again for the compliments it's made my day:hug:

:) Hi all

I am Tammy Taylor educator & distributer for UK. I would help more if I understood this PC but I am learning fast. I will certainely help out too but you have to bear with me. I agree that every company has its good points having worked with them all during my 20 years as a nail technician. I can also say I have learned a lot from this site. I know we are reasonably new in the UK but Tammy Taylor are up there with the rest in America.

Mary xx:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, everybody!
My name is Anastasia, I represent multi-brand company in Moscow, Russia Studio "Nail Couture". We are distributing the following brands in Moscow: Entity, NSI, Supernail & ESN.

I'm an educator for Entity and NSI, so I would like to help anybody with some questions about these brands, maybe we could make a special separated threads like "Q & A", what do you think about that?

I'm here with Light Elegance Gels. I try and pop on here often although I am very busy and dont always find the time. I will halp where I can though. Learning should never be limited!

Hey what about me!! :(

I like to think that I am a fairly regular contributor and have been for some years now. Even for the fun bits like the XFactor thread :)

This topic has been brought up before. My reason for not answering more posts is because I don't want it to look like I am advertising myself all over the forum. This is out of respect for Samuel who is the creator of this website and also owner of S2 who distribute CND in the UK.
If I see something specific about my brand then I will gladly answer, but if some-one asks where can I buy such and such and I know we sell it, I normally don't answer those because I feel like it looks like I am just here to push my products, which is not the case.
This site is very informative. We learn something new every day!!

Sometimes some of the answers would be so long winded, that I simply haven't got time, otherwise, I like to try and post something constructive on here when I can.

Gina xxxxxx

Hey what about me!! :(

I like to think that I am a fairly regular contributor and have been for some years now. Even for the fun bits like the XFactor thread :)

This topic has been brought up before. My reason for not answering more posts is because I don't want it to look like I am advertising myself all over the forum. This is out of respect for Samuel who is the creator of this website and also owner of S2 who distribute CND in the UK.
If I see something specific about my brand then I will gladly answer, but if some-one asks where can I buy such and such and I know we sell it, I normally don't answer those because I feel like it looks like I am just here to push my products, which is not the case.
This site is very informative. We learn something new every day!!

Sometimes some of the answers would be so long winded, that I simply haven't got time, otherwise, I like to try and post something constructive on here when I can.

Gina xxxxxx

Whilst I agree with this point about not being seen to be advertising, there are many times where a question is asked which has nothing to do with any brand but a technique or application problem and this I think is the crux of the thread.

This is not aimed at Gina by any means but I used the quote above because it seems to be what some people believe. If you are an expert in your chosen field then why should you only answer or offer help when it is only your brand which is being talked about.

This site is about so much more than where can I buy such and such a brand or brand specific questions.

Hi all,
I am new to this site..have been a tech for 11 years and I have noticed one thing about most techs..they are very selfish with information or any advice. New Techniques or nail art or just simple advice seems to be treated like it is Top Secret information and not everyone can have it. This has not changed in the 11 years I have been doing nailz.

dqueenznailz2,

I'm so sorry you feel this way. I'm sure there are some that do not want to share. Overall though, most of us want to see everybody succeed. I would never withold information. Let me know if there is anything
I can do to help.

Latest posts

Back