Which salon skin care product range and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAILZTONES

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I don't offer facials but it is something I am considering going into in the future and I'm currently reseaching courses. Can you please tell me which product range you use in your salon and why. I also thought I would go out and test run some (I could do with the pampering for a change !)......but then which ones seem to be the most popular?? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

If you do a search, you will find all the latest products being chatted about.. such as Dermologica, Nimue... they seem to come up alot.

hth

Yeah I did a very quick search on Skin forum but mostly spray tanning and waxing were the main topics, admittingly only first few pages and didn't go into great depth, height of laziness really I guess, so thought I'd start thread!!

i've just started using eve taylor and i love it, the range uses aromatherapy and natural plant extract there are alot of serums and masks etc to enable you to vary your treatments, the products are really effective and gentle.its very affordable for the quality you receive, looks great and smells amazing. lots of retail options too x

i've just started using eve taylor and i love it, the range uses aromatherapy and natural plant extract there are alot of serums and masks etc to enable you to vary your treatments, the products are really effective and gentle.its very affordable for the quality you receive, looks great and smells amazing. lots of retail options too x

I know BABSann also uses Eve Taylor as it says under her screenname.. and she is always very helpful on beauty/skin.. I just didn't know it was a skincare range :o :lol:

It's NIMUE for me - I love it and so do my clients.
Fantastic range with great results.

Speak to Shane in NIMUE (SA), he is a good contact at the head office if you need to set up the range and training.
Nimue Skin Technology

Hope this helps

Eva

Thank you all for your replies.....much appreciated x

Hi

I use Jean D'Arcel. There products are fab and there training is also!
I wouldn't use anything else now - i love them and so do my clients.

HTH

Bronni
xxx

if money was no object i would go for ELEMIS i LOVE the stuff !!!

AMb x

I do all Elemis treatments in my salon and they are very popular,so you could go for Elemis if you want.

The opening order is large though now thyve brought out try enzyme range,and there are certain criteria you need.
i.e. minimum of 2 treatment rooms plus a shower .
The minimum opening order i took on was £4,500 but i think its now closer to £5,400 now the range has grown.
Having said that its my numbrer one facial in the salon that i do,although as my salon has grown so musch now and facails is all i do with waxing as a second i am looking at Academie and Nimue as i want QUICK results,rather than long term as i have clients that have regular facails but also have invasive treatments aswell.

I hope you find the range you want:green:

I have Environ, affordable and it works.

I use all Thalgo range. Its been a big hit with my clients. Expensive but results are amazing. All natural and medically patented.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I use Nimue and I think it is the mutts nuts! Looking at taking on another range to complement it and seriously thinking about Academie de Beaute - so if anyone uses that then i would love some feedback. They are both supplied by Hyperion (who also supply Creative)

The last salon i worked in used phytomer and gatineau. Phytomer is a wonderful range which uses ingrediants derived from the sea, primarily seaweeds that have excellent water and oxygen capsulating properties.The facials were a wonderful and unique experience, consisting of : 10 min relflexothermal back massage, application of enzymatic seaweed mud to the back(which you lie on) and then the facial.

Dermalogica is a great brand, especially if you are after a brand many people have heard of, but they are everywhere now so it may be nice to go for something a little different.
Why not write a list of what you want out of a skincare brand:ie aromatherspy, sea based, ethics, product/training support etc. Then narrow your options down and do the really important part- market research (meaning the labour of having to try out a pampering sesh- oh the chore!)
goodluck :)

I see a lot of you are using eve taylor and say you all think it's great, can someone who uses it tell me what's great about it, do you get results, does it do what is says, I know they all smell lovely, but I'd like to know a bit more

After quite a bit of searching I finally decided on Susan Molyneux for my latest skincare range. Only received my package on Thursday so need more time to give you client results. Like Eve Taylor, natural ingredients, no perfumes etc.

Good luck in your search, take you time and don't be rushed or pushed into taking something you are unsure about as it can be costly.

Thank you everyone for all your replies......there's lots there for me to think about and research.

Has anyone heard of MOVIE, it's a skincare line from Italy. It is incredible and really not overly expensive is bought at wholesale prices. I'll try to post a link to it later.

Latest posts

Back