Which spray tan soloution at the moment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOM

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have unfortunatly closed both my salons since last being on the forum, due to a split with my ex.
Anyway, I am now a personal trainer and know a lot of bodybuilders, many of which would be interested in spray tans for events shows etc.
In the salon I had no official training but did use the HVLP mini mist machine a few times but I was never the spray tanner for customers.
I now need to get in some decent dark soloution, 12%+.
I did use celebrity secrets, but I have not bought for ove a year, is there anyone else I should try (never a fan of tantrick which was popular on here but when I ran trails celeb secrets came out the best) sieanna seem popular, how much per litre?

Any advice appreciated, this is only gonna be a side line and I need to get practice on friends and family b4 charging, so wanna keep raw materials cheap but effective.

thx

I have often wondered how spray tanning the body builders would work. The reason I query it is because they sweat so much. surely they would end up with horrible patchiness?

No, they have it done at night, get the guide colour off nxt day, then it just wears off normally, the sweat just mean you see it cause the dead skin cells are darker,
Some even get sprayed before show for the sake of a good guide colour not even the tan that's developing un neath, it's easier than some things they have to smear all over to get a similar effect.

I personally think "Nouvatan"is the best ive ever seen and tried,its well priced and looks fab! Not an orange tinge in sight! which is a total plus in mine and my clients books,smells great too :) check there website ~ http://www.nouvatan.co.uk

Nouvatan do a 16%, so may be worth a try. Brilliant price too xxx

I have it in my head (think i read it somewhere)that celebrity secrets and nouvatan are the same solution a bit like how some of celebs solutions were the same as sienna Xs (not sure if they still are).
Anyway celeb secrets go up to 16 now.
Wow factor who supply Tantrick now do more different solutions than you can shake a stick at, so they may well be worth checking out again.

I think Nouvatan developed their solution themselves. I'd be very surprised if it's exactly the same as another solution.

I think Nouvatan developed their solution themselves. I'd be very surprised if it's exactly the same as another solution.

I would too but their retail tan in a can etc is very similar in sizes and look.
Sometimes things come from the same suppliers and get rebranded they may just have a different perfume added etc.We know it happens with nail products.
Im sure someone will confirm.Maybe someone has used both.

I will look into Nouvatan, gonna check out celeb secrets still if they are still about?
Whats ppls general thoughts about sienna X?

no its def a new fantastic product . has no parabens or alcohol has aloevera and vitamins is organic u should get a sample it is the best ive tried and now use exclusivley i dont offer any other tans x

hmmmm Sienna X see to be OK, gonna email too, will let you know what they say

Thx for the new reply above, another Nouvatan fan... I have requested some samples. because of the type of ppl I'd be spraying it would have to be the 16%.
I really need to get some practise done so 1 litre is just gonna be wasted!!!
I spoke to a mate in the gay village in Manchester, he thinks there might be call for a male mobile spray tanner anyway, looking kinda promising as a side line.
I know from female personal training clients I've had in the past being a male is not as much a hinderance as I might of 1st thought. Crossin my fingers, sort of exciting.

tanner wouldnt bother me lol.... my doctor is a guy... and i walk round a beach in a bikini ....lol x good luck

Hi guys, I'm in the same boat really JOM! Just given up my full time job as wife has gone back to work full time and I'm taking up more of a 'house-husband' role, looking after our 2 boys. I need something of a sideline too and somewhat hesitantly habe been looking at a male mobile spray tan business. However, I have had nothing but positive comments from people on here. I was looking at targeting the guys first too and hopefully the quality of my work would spread amongst the female population too! I used to spray Ferraris' for a living so am confident in my ability with a gun! lol
Incidentally, I've just tried a sample from Celebrity Secrets and even with my limited experience yet, I am very impressed.
Good luck and If you know anyone over my neck of the woods who needs spraying, give me a shout.
Russ

Have you tried a competition bronzer? EnvyTan offers one in both of their solution lines. It is not DHA so the tan will only last until they shower but it's very dark and perfect for Body Builders.

I will look into Nouvatan, gonna check out celeb secrets still if they are still about?
Whats ppls general thoughts about sienna X?

I use Sienna X at the moment and I'm on the look out for a new one just recieved today L.A tan Disco (which is 18%) and 3 from Naturasun who do a whopping 9 shades they have sent me their toffee, chocolate and after dark (which apparantly is a deep dark brown) Have also got some organics coming from Collin, can't wait to try them all out. Will let you know how I get on x

I have used Celeb Secrets for about 2 years, I have trialled just about every other solution on the market and my clients still think CS is the best for them.

good luck with your new careers xx

Latest posts

Back