White hands/feet after spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just done another tan at 7pm & it went much better, I sprayed hands a bit closer (but faster) & did 2 coats, same for feet. when I checked the tan over the lady definitely had colour on hands & feet just slightly lighter than the rest of the body. I only used barrier cream on palms/elbows/knees, think I'll stick to this way!
I'm just thinking if i should also put a tiny bit of barrier cream on the wrists same side as palm? thanks for all the above input x

I only put barrier cream on the palms of the hands and the finger nails then a very small amount on the elbows and knees and on the back of the ankles round the sides of the feet and the toe nails, never on the tops of the hands and feet. If you have given the correct pre tan advice the clients skin should be prepared properly and the top of the hands and feet should be fine to tan (unless they have extremely dry skin). I get the client to hold their hands out then do a "w" movement over the tops of hands then just do the "w" pattern over the feet. When the client is facing me I get them to hold their arms out wrist up and give a light spray down the arms and flick off near the bottom of the wrists so they just catch the overspray. Never had any issues whilst using this method. HTH

I have used cream for 7 years and haven't had a problem so don't think it's that I think it could be how you are spraying, everybody sprays different, i spray down over the hands and then over twice kind off like a x shape if that makes sense!! Hope you get it sorted.xxx

I've think ive sorted my problem! I now use no cream at all on hands & feet, only on the palms of hands, elbows & knees. I Sprayed my mum today, she washed off & rang me to say it's the best tan she's had & it's absolutely perfect, I asked specifically about hands & feet to which her answer was they look brilliant! she said her wrists are perfect too. feeling much better tonight lol x x

Latest posts

Back