White tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebestnails

Reaction score
i use white tips for my pink and white at the mo as i am not confident enough to offer sculpting to my clients. I have a problem though. I dont really like the look of the smile lines nor the position on the nail bed as it is much higher than i would like. i use the cut out white millenium tips, bon't blend them cos i loose the smile line, just etch them.

was hoping there is someone else out there who had or has had the same problem and can help or give advise on how to combat this so the smile line and position looks better. :confused:

why dont you use natural tips, and use white powder over them instead, then you can put the white where it should be and it will look better too, also if you do custom blending, you can extend the nail bed and place the white even lower to create an even nicer looking nail imo

the other thing you might try is trimming or filing some of the well area away before you attatch them.

Ive tried a few makes of white tips and all look the same.
I have a few clients who wont have anything other than white tips (some can be so stubborn at times lol) and the way i get round making them look sleeker and more of a nicer smile is by blending out some of the well first, this gives a deeper smile that looks loads better than just sticking the tip on as it is imo.
There is a few pics in my gallery of the blended out white tips, hth :green:

when customising/tailoring your white tips, the angle u hold the tip and the angle of the file is the tricky part - once u master that, then your tips and smile lines can look great..

hold file at a 45 degree angle, and tip on other hand...swipe the file down the well area to the edge of the well, over and over..

its a bit like making your fingers into a point (steeple) but only with file in one hand and tip in the other..

Latest posts

Back