Who are your competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not worried about competition really.

a client comes to me because she's been referred. and that must mean i'm doing a good job. i'm sure that if i was rubbish then they'd soon go somewhere else.

i've actually got a client who is a beauty therapist but also was trained by creative who i dont use, and she seems happy enough thank god:green:

crikey that sounds like i'm being really cocky doesn't it...
sorry if it does.

debbie x x

I used to be worried about it but i have realsied there is enough business for all of us there. Like yourself i have lots of geeks around me far too near with me and pauline and angie but we are the best of friends, we dont poach clients off of each other but we are all after the same business your right.

i think if someone was underhanded and sneaky about pinching a client then i may be really cheesed off but if the client decided they liked her better i would just have put it down to experience and make sure i hang on to the ones ive got.

I am with Lucia on this one, I know a lot of geeks local to me, I don't feel in competition with them, mainly because none of them do L&P, cant say whether they feel the same about me as I also do gel, but friendly competition never hurt anyone and they have referred L&P or brisa clients to me and I am happy to return the favour.

I wish I did have some geek friends near to me - would be able to cover each others hols etc. Rach isn't too far but unfortunately she works full time aswell other than that there doesn't seem to be anyone around :( :(

I am talking about : Me, a nail tech of just under a year (qualified for enhancements), building up a business in my area and surrounding. THE COMPETITION with geeks and salons in MY AREA is great. So, not being very busy work wise I will geek to get some inspiration, ideas and advice .... FROM my competition. Then I will do as advised. Now my competition have LOST a potential client (hopefully tbh). It doesn't mean I don't still love em.... I just want their clients..... don't I? If I don't then wot the heck am I doing? I just wanted to know how you FELT about geeking and competing and maybe losing a client or more to one of us?
Just a deeper thought here.

Are you trying to say that you have somehow managed to coax another techs client over to you? if that is so and you have won the client by fair means, then thats no problem.

Or are you saying another geek helped you out and you "stole" one of her clients? if that is what happened then it doesn't seem very fair, but unless you explain things more clearly we are not going to be able to give our opinions either way.

I suppose to get the same standards across the board in this industry, nail technicians should work together .. in some sort of sense...

My main competition is other sunbed salons offering nail enhancements for £15.

I charge £25 and am not budging on that. I might do a Christmas offer but it's not set in stone yet with me going on Maternity leave, sooner or later this time. My pregnancy is not easy like my last one!

I suppose to get the same standards across the board in this industry, nail technicians should work together .. in some sort of sense...

My main competition is other sunbed salons offering nail enhancements for £15.

I charge £25 and am not budging on that. I might do a Christmas offer but it's not set in stone yet with me going on Maternity leave, sooner or later this time. My pregnancy is not easy like my last one!

£15.....omg..:eek: ..... i know i am in a different part of the country but i charge more for a basic mani than that... where ever you are

dont budge from your price!

Well I look for loyal clients, it's how I price my work and it's how I look after my clients when I get them (although you can't please all of the people all of the time, I do try). Therefore if you were looking to poach my clients go ahead! You won't get them, they've been with me for years.

If you want clients that jump ship willy nilly then you're welcome to them because watch your back ... someone will do it back to you and they'll abandon you as quick as blink.

Do you really think that the only people who would have their nails done are having them done now? Look for the nail virgins, and get your own clientele.

£15.....omg..:eek: ..... i know i am in a different part of the country but i charge more for a basic mani than that... where ever you are

dont budge from your price!

I haven't had that many clients in for extensions recently, all natural nail care.... but do you know what? I don't care.. because I'm not sitting for that length of time with this bump for £15!!!

Got a few enquiries for next week though!

And I rang my local NSS to ask about their prices... and when I asked which nail products she used... she didn't understand me (not English)... so I spoke up and asked where she got her nail products from and was promptly informed ... 'well, you know where my shop is... yeah... well the chippie near there' !!!! That was the end of that convo!!! :lol:

well i dont think any geeks live near by to me ..but ..my 3 best friends are all nail technicians we all qualified at the same time went to college together (except one who did a short course)
also my next door but 3 neighbour is a nail tech ,but she doesnt do any outside of the salon she works in ,
but we all live in different parts of town ,so its all fine ...and we pass clients around if its more suitable for both us and them !
i know thats not really an answer to the question you asked but lol ..i like waffling :lol:

Flippin eck.
Sorry don't think I should start threads, as I think I can't communicate my thoughts on "paper" very well!!! Never was good at english anyway.
I hope my journal explains... other than that girls... don't worry about it. Please I'm nice really!! (but watch your backs he he).
NOT:Grope:

Maybe as I've not been in this business long but I can't see how you can poach clients anyway.

Clients either come to your or don't, it's entirely their choice!

I am with Lucia on this one, I know a lot of geeks local to me, I don't feel in competition with them, mainly because none of them do L&P, cant say whether they feel the same about me as I also do gel, but friendly competition never hurt anyone and they have referred L&P or brisa clients to me and I am happy to return the favour.

keep friends close and geeky friends closer they come in well handy at times, and even if you are both fab at nails you wont be fab in every aspect of bussiness give and take, favor for favor. Thats what happens in my comunity :) Hugs to all my geeky friends :hug: :hug: :hug:

I don't see other tech's as competition.

If i am good at what i do they will stay with me,if not they will find someone better ..... fair play to them.

If this is the case,more training,and practise to make sure i am good enough to keep my clients !

Flippin eck.
Sorry don't think I should start threads, as I think I can't communicate my thoughts on "paper" very well!!! Never was good at english anyway.
I hope my journal explains... other than that girls... don't worry about it. Please I'm nice really!! (but watch your backs he he).
NOT:Grope:

No problem. I think I understand what you originally meant now. :hug:

No problem. I think I understand what you originally meant now. :hug:
Yup me too, and as I said in your journal I'm sorry if I upset you as I obviously misunderstood what you were saying. If I didn't get the business then I'd much rather another geek had it, better that than the NSS.

(also if people misunderstand you then come back on the thread and explain why, especially as this could be bumped up again in a few months and then it's still not sorted out.)

Yup me too, and as I said in your journal I'm sorry if I upset you as I obviously misunderstood what you were saying. If I didn't get the business then I'd much rather another geek had it, better that than the NSS.

i would have to a k myself the question why have i lost that client and how can i stop it happening again, its irrelevant who the client went to.
x

I don't worry about competition I just do my job well and make my clients enjoy there time with me..............a lot of my clients have said to me they love coming to me first off for there nails and also they look forward to seeing me ..........I have seen clients sat with Nail technicians and the client looks bored to hell make them feel special enjoy there company and do your stuff well.

Dawnie xxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back