Who provides a 'free removal' with Shellac service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
Hello

Just doing the finishing touches to my prices and am debating whether or not to offer free removal for CND Shellac.

My trainer recommended it as it encourages a rebooking and most likely a re-Shellac. It also ensures the client is obviously having them removed correctly so you are less likely to have a client say Shellac ruined their nails, when they have peeled them off...

The only thing holding me back is I want my prices to be competitive and, by including a 'free removal', I'm having to increase the price slightly, which makes me a little bit more expensive than other local salons who offer Shellac.

What are your thoughts? x

Working the price of removal into your overall price I think is the best way.
For their first visit, give them a pinkie Solar Oil and from then their removal is included, plus you will have educated them on the importance of Solar Oil so they should be purchasing this from you as well regularly.

I think being competitive does not always mean being cheaper than competition...it means giving a wonderful treatment and perceived added value. A relaxing hand massage, a full CND Shellac service from start to finish...this is what sets you apart so be confident in what you are worth.
Look at what your competition is doing and use that to work on service that clients will want to come back to you for.

It's the little touches make the biggest difference.

I included the price of removal when I set my prices. But I only offer "free removal" if they are getting reshellacked or rebook. This is so I cover the cost of my time aswell as product x

Yes I include free removal - takes 10 mins and definitely worth adding the extra x

I include removal in my price and a pinkie solar oil at the first appointment.
Also all my treatments include a little hand massage at the end. My ladies love it and its a great opportunity to retail
Vicki x

Thanks for the advice! That was quick :)

Can I ask how you all word it in your price lists, please? x

I tell my clients when they ask for removal only. So I just say that's no problem- that will be X amount but if you want to rebook or get a set on the day removal is complimentary.

Shellac removal free with reapplication or £10 if they're not having it reapplied (£12 if they want Vinylux).

Xxx

Do you all apply this to Brisa Lite Smoothing and Sculpting Gel, too?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Never compete primarily on price; this could lead to a price war which, while great for the customer, is not great for you. It not only costs you money on that service, it also devalues it and the rest of your business.

Instead, you should focus on adding value (perceived - nice surroundings, a cuppa in a nice china cup costs no more than one in a chipped mug but looks 1000% better, etc) , providing excellent customer service, really knowing your stuff and providing a service better than that of your local competition.

I do include free removal with every reshellac. It allows me to ensure that the product has been removed correctly thus providing a more stable base for my next application. It's built into my pricing but makes it look like they're getting a great buy.

Never be afraid of charging what you're worth. I was a bit apprehensive at first, there are loads of salons popping up around here and im a good whack more expensive than the rest. I still built a loyal following of clients who know my work is spot on. You've invested in your business and clients, now let them invest in you.

I include removal in my price and a pinkie solar oil at the first appointment.
Also all my treatments include a little hand massage at the end. My ladies love it and its a great opportunity to retail
Vicki x

Same here xx

I include free removal of product that I applied but if I didn't apply it I charge. I've had clients with god knows what on their nails claiming its definitely Shellac, Gelcolour etc only to find it's some crud from a NSS salon that subsequently took over an hour to get off.

If I know it's my product I know I can shift it in 10 minutes so I am happy to include it in the price. If its not mine and they are not happy to pay I send them back to the salon that put it n in the first place.

Absolutley Sharkster - good point. :D
When a client calls and asks for Reshellac and they are new, I know about 50% of them will NOT be CND Shellac soI always say it will be complimentary if CND Shellac if it's not then an extra charge will have to be made based on the time taken - (then I have to hope I've enough time lol!).
They are more than happy with this and I use it as an opportunity to educate them about CND Shellac's superiority - it's a winner every time because you are the expert and give them the real deal CND Shellac.
Makes lovely, loyal customers :D

I wish I could remove it in 10 minutes!
By the time I've done the meet, greet and seat, got the wraps on, waited 8 minutes (during which time I'm rebooking them), taken the shellac off, solar oiled and booted them out the door, cleaned up and got ready for the next client, I'm looking realistically at 30 minutes.
I'm afraid I can't afford to give away 30 minutes for free; would that I could!

When I teach a CND Shellac class I advise the same. The only thing to remember Is that it's not free!!!!

Say your doing your price list and your going to charge £25 for shellac and then £28 for a re shellac. Cut out the first one and just charge £28 for shellac and let your client know that when she comes back in two weeks your will remove it for free. Your client is going to think great what a bouns!! But because your business savvy you've already charged them for the removal when they come back!!

Like others, my removal price is already factored into my shellac charge. But if not having a reapplication then it's £15 which includes a mini manicure/pedicure (no polish)

And similarly to Sharkster, I quote an extra £5-£10 for removal of product I haven't applied, depending on how long it takes to remove. Too many times I'm sitting there for an hour trying to remove what they claim is Shellac and clearly isn't :irked:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I include it in the price of the treatment as I would rather they came back to me for free removal than picked it off themselves and then claim that Shellac damaged their nails, I also think it more likely that they will use you again, I am most definitely not the cheapest in my area!

Just have to add mine does have removal costs factored in my price. I've never said " when I redo your shellac I will remove it for free first" just has never come up and how would you do the treatment anyway. My price is my price wether its your first shellac on 'Virgin' nails or its the 100th time I've redone them for you. It's swings and roundabouts as ok no product to remove so costs less but chances are more cuticle work than your regular client so this will make up for it.

However same as Planky if the client is not wanting shellac back on then I charge for removal, mini manicure and solar oil buff or sell a remove tube.

A new client with unknown product on I do advise that if its not shellac then there will be a £5 charge on top. Never used to but after being stung too many times and having to buff god know what off their nails after 30 minutes I have to.

Vicki x

I do charge for Shellac removal. I cannot for the any reason feel comfortable removing Shellac for free. It does not take me 10 minutes either.

I do however, separate the price of removal and price of the Shellac treatment. I personally just want to let clients know what they are paying for. I sell removal kits for those who do not have the time for me to remove it. They remove their Shellac the night before and then come in the following day for a re-Shellac. No problems here...

I do charge for Shellac removal. I cannot for the any reason feel comfortable removing Shellac for free. It does not take me 10 minutes either.

I do however, separate the price of removal and price of the Shellac treatment. I personally just want to let clients know what they are paying for. I sell removal kits for those who do not have the time for me to remove it. They remove their Shellac the night before and then come in the following day for a re-Shellac. No problems here...

May I ask, what price do you charge for removal (what is the discount if they remove themselves) and what do you charge for a removal kit?

I have never considered this option, but it sounds good.

Latest posts

Back