Who said romance was dead?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my birthday today & me & my OH have just bought our first house & my prezzie was some curtains for the patio doors :) not complaining at all because we need them and they are nice! all my prezzies today have been for the house-now I know I'm a fully fledged grown up! Especially when I get excited about lampshades etc.... Haha xx

Happy birthday x

My ex once turned up with a pair of knickers from tesco, some bubbles and a kinder egg for a belated valentines day present...
Thing is I was thrilled cos it was the only present he'd ever given to me...
Maybe I should raise my standards haha xxx

I count myself lucky!

My other half is pretty good with prezzies...

Thriller theatre tickets and dinner in London one year, Guess watch for Christmas, jewellery
iPad 2 last year... It's my birthday today too do I wonder what I'll get!

Maybe you need to be telling your oh's what to actually buy you... Drop major hints!xxx

My fella doesn't stand a chance, I am skint as I've just quit the day job to launch my business so I gave him a list of things I wanted but couldn't afford & it would help me out if he bought me them. Our friends took the P because he sorted me Internet out in my new lil nail studio, & bought me dog clippers so I can do their hair myself & save £50 a month while I'm skint :D I was DELIGHTED but he got grief from our friends as I say.

The other choices he had were dishwasher, iron & Dyson vac! Poor guy!! Xxx

I came home from work yesterday to be told by my other half "I've got you a pressie" all excited i go into the kitchen to have a look and I've got.....a brand new iron, lucky me!

He had got annoyed with the old one cos he couldn't get the creases out of the bed sheets, so chucked it in the bin and went and got a new one, suppose i should be grateful that he did all the ironing for me, every cloud and all that ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I count myself lucky!

My other half is pretty good with prezzies...

Thriller theatre tickets and dinner in London one year, Guess watch for Christmas, jewellery
iPad 2 last year... It's my birthday today too do I wonder what I'll get!

Maybe you need to be telling your oh's what to actually buy you... Drop major hints!xxx

Happy birthday x

It's my birthday today & me & my OH have just bought our first house & my prezzie was some curtains for the patio doors :) not complaining at all because we need them and they are nice! all my prezzies today have been for the house-now I know I'm a fully fledged grown up! Especially when I get excited about lampshades etc.... Haha xx
Ahh happy birthday petal, hope your having a fab day x xx

When I was 17 i was going out with this lad and he came round to mine with a present, I made my mum answer the door while I hid behind the sofa ( was not that keen on him) and could not believe the present! It was a forever friend bar of soap!!! All I keep thinking was did I smell or was he a cheap skate 😱x

Mine is still doing OK, he just surprised me with a Disney cruise for my birthday:lol::lol:

Woo Hoo!

My boyfriend bought me a bottle of Malibu (on offer for £12) and Tesco value diet coke for my birthday in June :/ my best friend even spent more on a blooming New Look voucher! Thing is, we've been together for a year and a half and I was expecting a little more, considering I'd been dropping hints about a gorgeous ring from Argos (only £60) and he totally didn't get it.

What confuses me is that he bought me a beautiful Tiffany necklace and loads of other goodies for Xmas, spent well over £200... Was I just being greedy? :eek:

For about a week after my birthday I was expecting him I say "only joking! We're going to do such and such" but it never happened. Ho hum! He's getting something just as cheap for Xmas ;)

Xx

My boyfriend bought me a bottle of Malibu (on offer for £12) and Tesco value diet coke for my birthday in June :/ my best friend even spent more on a blooming New Look voucher! Thing is, we've been together for a year and a half and I was expecting a little more, considering I'd been dropping hints about a gorgeous ring from Argos (only £60) and he totally didn't get it.

What confuses me is that he bought me a beautiful Tiffany necklace and loads of other goodies for Xmas, spent well over £200... Was I just being greedy? :eek:

For about a week after my birthday I was expecting him I say "only joking! We're going to do such and such" but it never happened. Ho hum! He's getting something just as cheap for Xmas ;)

Xx

Ahh bless! Well some people see Christmas as the bigger celebration, maybe that's what he dose and birthdays are not that big! X

Well I was wondering that lila22, so I caught him out the other week and said "do you think that Xmas is more important than a birthday? I'm not sure what to get [my friend]".

His reply was "nah they are pretty similar really aren't they, presents and all that."

Got my answer alright! Plus, he spent around £150 on me for my birthday last June. I just don't get it.
I know what's in his bank too, it's not like he's skint! I feel a bit out of order now :(

Xx

Well I was wondering that lila22, so I caught him out the other week and said "do you think that Xmas is more important than a birthday? I'm not sure what to get [my friend]".

His reply was "nah they are pretty similar really aren't they, presents and all that."

Got my answer alright! Plus, he spent around £150 on me for my birthday last June. I just don't get it.
I know what's in his bank too, it's not like he's skint! I feel a bit out of order now :(

Xx

Hmmm, men! Would love to no what goes on in there heads!!! X x

The only present my boyfriend will be getting this year is a kick up the arse and a big one at that!!!

"I'm only going for a couple of pints after work" ok then 10pm and no sight and sound! He finished at 4.30!!! Doors being locked and I'm going to bed!!

[QUOTE=Nails
Ahh I hate it when that happens, poor you x x

Nails Ahh I hate it when that happens said:
I'm not surprised to be fair he always is a selfish div! We are meant to be decorating my room and kids school clothes shopping tomorrow as tomorrow is the only chance I will get. Just going to do it myself. Would be easier being single lol

[QUOTE=Nails
Ahh well sending a hug as been there and no how it feels! Men! 😡x x

Now I think about it I did get a great pressie once from an ex. I dumped him about a month before my b'day. Then at my birthday he went round to my dad's flat (I lived on the other side of the country at the time) and dropped off my birthday present, a Dior handbag! A proper authentic one! :eek: Felt a bit bad because I didn't want him back but still kept the bag ><

Now happy with my hubby he just goes by my hints ^^ probably nothing this year though seeing as most of our savings went on the wedding in June and baby arriving in Jan!

Lovely to read all your nice and unusual gifts :lol:

P.S. Happy birthday to all the birthday girls xx

Well he has just rolled in steaming drunk! Acting like everything is ok!! I am fuming as I haven't been able to sleep and I am so so tired! He is in the toilet think he has fell asleep! Idiot!

When I have to get up at 6 in the morning with the kids and puppy he will be doing it instead. So tempted to pack his bags and tell him to p*ss off . Don't see the point in spending my life & time with such a selfish person.

Latest posts

Back