Who said romance was dead?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephR

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've just had a lovely present delivered from my other half. Had no idea what it was, all he told me was that there would be a delivery today.

Anyway the delivery van got here and it was one of those massive ones so that had me instantly wondering what on earth it was. Well its a brand new washing machine!!!! Lol

Just rang him in shock, and his reply was well it shows how much I love you!!! What can I say to that?!

Our has been playing up so it is needed I'm just glad I didn't order one the other day when I was looking online. That would have been funny!

What lovely things have you bought your other half or had as presents from them? A washing machine sure beats the iron he got me a few years ago!!

xxx

My dad once bought my mum tumble dryer balls for her birthday!! How funny...

Xx

My husband got me a fitness bike for my 40th :eek:
All these years later we're still married. That's the sort of kind, forgiving person I am....;)

Lmao stephiebaby!!! That did amuse me! My BF bought me a book last year. I have 2 kids and not much time to read so only really get to read on holiday! He told me that he had bought me something and that I could open it when it arrived. So I was quite excited and opened this book when it arrived (he had heard a review about it on the radio and thought I would like it!) which is all very sweet and thoughtful, so I rang him and said "so are we going on holiday then?!" to which he replied that we weren't.... The book is still unread!!!

I once went out with a guy (for several years as well!) who gave me a whole bunch of c**p for the house for a birthday! It was all stuff that came out of his parent's loft and was going to the car boot sale! Mismatched plates, old frying pan, old teatowels, those stick things to clean the plate of the clothes iron Oo I really do not know what came over him.

I would say it was the worst he managed but no! Even more romantic was my birthday the year after! He came over to the town where I lived (it was a long distance thing), came to get me at work, I thought we were going out for the evening. Well we did, he invited me to McDonald's for my birthday dinner :confused:

Air x

At least you lot get something! I ask for chocolates or flowers and I get a lighter lol from the garage!!

I don't get birthday cards, Xmas cards or anniversary presents either!! He doesn't see the point :'( I don't see the point in him either to be fair!

I have to say it might not be the most romantic gift ever but its a blooming good washing machine. Top of the range so im a happy girl.even happier when he told me he spent ages searching for it online for the best price and got it for £300 cheaper than what he originally saw it for. We did the same with our cooker that we bought last year when we moved into our new house lol

xxx

[QUOTE=Nails
Oh no that's terrible. I'd go mental if I didn't get anything for my birthday. Not that fussed about Xmas, as long as the kids get what they want I'm happy.

xxx

My husband got me a fitness bike for my 40th :eek:
All these years later we're still married. That's the sort of kind, forgiving person I am....;)

Did you give him the silent treatment for a while? I know I would have

xxx

Nails Oh no that's terrible. I'd go mental if I didn't get anything for my birthday. Not that fussed about Xmas said:
He isn't a card/present person!! Its our anniversary in November so I shall wait and see. If I don't get anything this year there will be uproar. Not even bothered about presents, a card would suffice just to know he remembers and cares!

Oh well that's men for you. He is out tonight so I will be waking him up very early in the morning to go uniform shopping! He has peed me off so payback! Muhahahahahaha :D

my husband is officially the worlds worst present buyer!!!

weve been together 6 years and so far for xmas' and birthdays ive had the following -

6 cds all of bands ive never heard of and dont like!
a dress 3 sizes too small for me
a set of underwear 4 sizes too big
a great dane puppy (which turned out ok after the shock!)
an action movie box set (really?!?!)

and xmas last year he came home pleased as punch that he'd managed to get me all my present in the one shop. i actually got a little excited at this thinking he'd finally seen sense and gone to the jewellers!
sadly not..........................TESCO's
He'd got my fulll xmas in tescos, i got a set of fleece jammies (the most unsexy things i have ever seen, a game for my nintendo DS a razor and some shaving foam!

needless to say, i hold no expectations for this year!

I once went out with a guy (for several years as well!) who gave me a whole bunch of c**p for the house for a birthday! It was all stuff that came out of his parent's loft and was going to the car boot sale! Mismatched plates, old frying pan, old teatowels, those stick things to clean the plate of the clothes iron Oo I really do not know what came over him.

I would say it was the worst he managed but no! Even more romantic was my birthday the year after! He came over to the town where I lived (it was a long distance thing), came to get me at work, I thought we were going out for the evening. Well we did, he invited me to McDonald's for my birthday dinner :confused:

Air x

O.m.g.!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

my husband is officially the worlds worst present buyer!!!

weve been together 6 years and so far for xmas' and birthdays ive had the following -

6 cds all of bands ive never heard of and dont like!
a dress 3 sizes too small for me
a set of underwear 4 sizes too big
a great dane puppy (which turned out ok after the shock!)
an action movie box set (really?!?!)

and xmas last year he came home pleased as punch that he'd managed to get me all my present in the one shop. i actually got a little excited at this thinking he'd finally seen sense and gone to the jewellers!
sadly not..........................TESCO's
He'd got my fulll xmas in tescos, i got a set of fleece jammies (the most unsexy things i have ever seen, a game for my nintendo DS a razor and some shaving foam!

needless to say, i hold no expectations for this year!

Oh gosh, best Xmas ever I'm guessing?

With the cd's and dvd's apparently the best gifts are the things you want to keep yourself so he my have heard that on tv or somewhere and thought I love these films and want keep them so that will be great.

My oh is quite thoughtful to e fair, Xmas I got a soda stream because I said all the cream soda's you can buy don't have enough flavour and are hard to get often, I commented on a cardigan I like one day when shopping, he bought it after, looked through the sky planner and seen absolutely fabulous had been recorded a few times so got me the box set.
And for my birthday... The best ever!!! He seen I had the books "wicked" and "son of a witch" and I have a poor copy of the show on my laptop a friend let me borrow a DVD they had burned of some1 recording the show so done his research and bought 2 open tickets to go see it and when we book is paying for travel on 1st class train and a hotel with a meal out after the show.

My presents to him seemed poor but I know he was ecstatic, the car needed work done so I called a garage he likes, told them the problems and pre paid for the work to be done and a letter sent out asking him to take the car in (almost a new engine), for his birthday it was car related and I bought him his first ever set of brand new tyres with help from the garage seeing as he's only ever had part worn, plus a new iPhone charger and holder for the car.

Nice to hear people's presents, maybe this Xmas your gifts to each other can be a gift for ten to give you so your both happy haha xoxo

It's my birthday today & me & my OH have just bought our first house & my prezzie was some curtains for the patio doors :) not complaining at all because we need them and they are nice! all my prezzies today have been for the house-now I know I'm a fully fledged grown up! Especially when I get excited about lampshades etc.... Haha xx

Omg it's the other way in our house my partner always complains about valentines day and never does or buys anything so this year I thought will just let it pass big ops I recieved huge bouquet of roses to the salon he got a baby sitter and we went to a fab place for tea to which he then gave me an envelope tickets to london meal at the ivy ghost the musical and Gary Rhodes restaurant the next day staying at an amazing hotel bug ops I relented after the roses and brought him kitchen scales ;( in my defence he asked for new ones lol although that does not excuse me after he did all that ;( very sheepish Martine ;) x

It's my birthday today & me & my OH have just bought our first house & my prezzie was some curtains for the patio doors :) not complaining at all because we need them and they are nice! all my prezzies today have been for the house-now I know I'm a fully fledged grown up! Especially when I get excited about lampshades etc.... Haha xx

Happy birthday :) x

[QUOTE=Nails

Thank you :) xx

Happy birthday, and I hope you have a great life in your new home. Xoxo

Think my worst present tops all these!

When I had our first child my (now ex) husband didn't even get me flowers! He turned up at the hospital, driving my car, to take the new baby home and announced - very proud of himself I may add - "I've had your car cleaned for you!" WTF! He hadn't even strapped the baby seat in - me and the midwife had to try and do it - I was sure she was going to contact social services she was so disgusted lol

And then, when I got home, he had left the carrycot on the floor in the middle of the lounge, still in it's wrapper, blankets and new baby stuff etc all wrapped and scattered everywhere, and stated "It's all ready for you, see you soon, I've got to pop into work"!

Luckily my (very disgusted - as you can imagine - Mum) lived opposite and arrived several minutes later to find me standing in the lounge staring into space in a state of shock. God bless Mums, she sorted it all out for me.

Think I got my own back one year by buying him a skiing holiday. Me, him, kids and our live-in nanny (to look after kids only whilst we were skiing). He was absolutely delighted, until he realised it was paid for on HIS credit card = Karma lol

Latest posts

Back