Who uses a flat brush for sculpting. Just watched Nailzoo video. Is it easier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
As I have said I have just watched the nailzoo vid and it looks easier to get the side walls straight.

At the moment I use a ezflow oval 508. I like it but I am not ruling out trying a different brush for an easier application.

Take a look if you haven't been on the Nailzoo site, it also shows how to get your brush flat and shows how to make a transportable brush box.

Thank you for any replies.

I don't do exactly as NailZoo does with trimming the brush and storing it flat. I use an oval brush and flatten the heck out of it as I use it for application then reshape it into an oval when I'm done........I can't explain why I do it, I just do, and it's comfortable and works for me.

I use a CND Pro Styler which can work as a paddle/flat brush or a pointed brush when needed.

As I have said I have just watched the nailzoo vid and it looks easier to get the side walls straight.

At the moment I use a ezflow oval 508. I like it but I am not ruling out trying a different brush for an easier application.

Take a look if you haven't been on the Nailzoo site, it also shows how to get your brush flat and shows how to make a transportable brush box.

Thank you for any replies.

sorry nothing to do with the thread lol but love the avatar is that a piccy of you dog - sooooooo cute !!!!!!!!!!!

Nail zoo is an amazing guy, and is always pushing the boundary's of what can be done, with great success I hasten to add, I haven't tried the brush thing he does but I would say before you go trying it on an expensive brush and then find its not for you, go to an artists shop buy a paint brush and try it on that, I do say try because long term an artist brush wont work, the glue that holds the hairs in place wont hold up to our monomer, but it will give you an idea of weather this is for you or not.:hug:

Someone on the Polish forum asked what brush was used in his tutorial. Do you know guys?

I'm trying it on a baby grand kolinsky and another brush that I don't use.

will let you know how it works out.

I've tryed it and love it, I really do prefer an oval brush I find them stiffer than rounds, but the brush that has had the 'nailzoo' treatment is a great brush and excellent for sculpting.

sorry nothing to do with the thread lol but love the avatar is that a piccy of you dog - sooooooo cute !!!!!!!!!!!
Just what I was thinking - nail what?.... Lol

Latest posts

Back