Why am I orange & patchy ?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
With the risk of sounding like an absolute thicko why is it nearly two weeks after having a spray tan I have orange patchy marks on my legs & neck area ?

I have been exfoliating & moisturising but it won't go ! Am I stained for life ?!!

I was about to place an order for the training, equipment etc but now im having second thoughts :|

Have I done something wrong or is it the tan ?

I find some tans do this too....I have chosen all my solutions based on not only their colour, their lasting power, but also their fade-off as well. There are some out there that just make you look like you have crocodile skin, as they prectically come off in scales!

If you really want o get rid of the colour, it may be worth trying Amy de Man's exfoliating regime in this post! It sounds excellent and yummy! But yes, it may worth thinking twice about using it on customers as they won't be as particular as you at exfoliating! Or at least road test it again!

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/50877-exfoliation.html

I find some tans do this too....I have chosen all my solutions based on not only their colour, their lasting power, but also their fade-off as well. There are some out there that just make you look like you have crocodile skin, as they prectically come off in scales!

If you really want o get rid of the colour, it may be worth trying Amy de Man's exfoliating regime in this post! It sounds excellent and yummy! But yes, it may worth thinking twice about using it on customers as they won't be as particular as you at exfoliating! Or at least road test it again!

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/50877-exfoliation.html

Thanks for that Lyndsay :green: Thinking about it, it does look like crocodile skin !

So have you choosen a supplier yet ?

Have you been tango'd ... LOL!

Have you been tango'd ... LOL!

PMSL Not quite that bad !!

So do any other tanning geeks know whats gone wrong here ?? :)

What solution have you used?

Siennasun.

Was fab to start with although I wouldn't say it was exact colour I was after.

Can you ring the manufacturers and ask their opinion, do you know anyone else that uses it and had problems. I personally haven't used it so can't advise sorry.

Can you ring the manufacturers and ask their opinion, do you know anyone else that uses it and had problems. I personally haven't used it so can't advise sorry.

I am going to do that if it turns out I haven't been doing anything wrong :green:

So this doesn't happen with the tan you use ?

As I don't do spray tans I have no idea if this happens with every tan or not ?

I'm actually in the process of changing myself. I'm liking Celebrity Secrets and Vani-T at the moment. Have a couple more to try.

One other thning that occured to me...I had Sudo go like that on me once, but the girl that applied it really drenched my skin....so much so it took almost 30 mins before i could dress. So i'm guessing over application could be an issue too.

It can be so different on differnet skins unfortunately not much help but it's the truth.

I have been getting loads of repeat business for Tantrick, however I am the only person I have known to be slightly allergic to it in so much as it dries my skin. On everyone else it is beautiful and my clients cannot believe how fab it is.

I have just tried Vani-t and although I haven't had a reaction frankly it is awful on me, streaky and very dark and crocodiley. Although this solution gets rave reviews by loads of people.

I have therefore come to the conclusion that it is my skin not the solutions that are the problem, it a bummer tho cos I like to show clients how they will look fortunately I have enough cleints recommending my Tantrick

hth's:hug:

There are many solutions that fade like this and I have tried loads. They also fade different on different types of peoples skins and it is all to do with your usual daily routine. I must say moisturising is a must for all fake tans. I do think that there is no exfoliating cream out there that can beat the good old rough bath towel. I find when you just can't remove that last bit of fake tan a rub with a rough bath towel does the trick. I might be the only one on this one tho:)

Usually the reason a tan does not fade well and look orange is because either too much has been sprayed on the skin wasnt prepared properly or the strength of the DHA in the solution was too much for the skin type

Thanks for your advice guys :green:

Im going to try a few others then to see if its this tan or me !

Do other spray tan companies send reps out to do demos ?

oooh i thought his was a joke when i saw the title
i was going to say ..................
"i know !!! i know!!! ...because you're a patchy orange :green: " bum, bum !(in the words of basil brush)

oooh i thought his was a joke when i saw the title
i was going to say ..................
"i know !!! i know!!! ...because you're a patchy orange :green: " bum, bum !(in the words of basil brush)

ROFL Isn't it BOOM BOOM ! LOL :lol:

ROFL Isn't it BOOM BOOM ! LOL :lol:
oooh im not sure its been about 20 years since i watched him lol
~~~emma trots off to youtube~~~

I have just tried Vani-t and although I haven't had a reaction frankly it is awful on me, streaky and very dark and crocodiley. Although this solution gets rave reviews by loads of people.

Did you use their 12%?

Neither me nor any of clients have experienced results like that from Vani-t, you will only have issues with this solution from wrong application.

It will only go too dark if you are applying too much product or using a colour level too dark for your skin. Try a light coat of the 6% or 8%.

Crocodile skin is due to dryness and results from either poor maintenance and/or too much product applied .

I found the colour and fading from this solution the best on the market and am always trying something new and am yet to find a superior product. :)

Hi no I used a 8% which is what I would normally use, I didn't use the whole sample (just over half the sample), so would doubt that I used too much.

As I said it appears that my skin just doesn't tolerate spray tan.

My clients get amazing results from my current brand but I don't and I am the only person that I know of that experiences this.

I know that Vani-T gets a fab reputation which is why I wanted to try it.

Maybe it has something to do with what you used on your skin ie - in the shower or what was used as a moisturiser.

I have found you get much better results when using chemical free / organic products on your skin after a spray tan as they actually have ingredients that are benefiting your skin and really moisturising. To have crocodile skin means your skin was very dry and had started to exfoliate.

Also did you only try it once? Was it that time of the month when you tried it? Are you on any medication? All these things affect your skin and hormones etc

Do you use an airbrush or a hvlp? I know it doesnt run too well through an airbrush as is thicker than most solutions on the market.

Dont want to sound nosey lol, just trying to help:green:

Latest posts

Back