Why am I orange & patchy ?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and i was going to say im not sure what size samples you get over there but 40ml is enough to do a whole body...

Well I use only Sienna Sun Tropical and am very impressed with it. As has been said, failure to moisturise properly with any solution can lead to crocodile skin. Perhaps as has been said you put too much on, at least in certain areas.

You can see images of people I have tanned from light % thru to dark % in my tanning gallery at Spray Tanning Gallery - Tropical Sunrise

Please note, the images were taken with an ordinary camera with no special lighting and have not been altered in any way.

Thanks I appreciate all your troubleshooting questions I think it is clear that it's my skin to blame. I have been spray tanning for quite a while now and exfoliate, moisturise, and use very gentle products but no joy.

My clients don't come out like I do so I think it's one more reason to consider myself unique:hug:

Sorry to hear about your problems with spray tanning. Certainly as others have said, poor fade, crocodile like skin is due to to over application, poor preparation before spray and poor mositurising after the spray. It may be worth your while very lightly applying an oil free moisturiser before spraying. I wouldnt normally recommend this but it sometimes works with some clients with dry skin. Incidentally with the Vani-T sample did you spray 2 coats? Generally depending on your equipment you might only have needed one coat. HTH

Sorry to hear about your problems with spray tanning. Certainly as others have said, poor fade, crocodile like skin is due to to over application, poor preparation before spray and poor mositurising after the spray. It may be worth your while very lightly applying an oil free moisturiser before spraying. I wouldnt normally recommend this but it sometimes works with some clients with dry skin. Incidentally with the Vani-T sample did you spray 2 coats? Generally depending on your equipment you might only have needed one coat. HTH

Thanks for that As I have said I don't have any problems spray tanning my clients I only have problems with myself.
In fact a very large part of my business is repeats and recommendation for my spray tanning.

I used 2 light coats and the problems I experienced were visible immediately after the guide colour being washed off so it wasn't fade or poor moisturisation that was to blame.

I appreciate your help and will try the light coat of moisture next time.

I would like to point out very clearly to anyone reading I am in no way endorsing or besmirching any spray tan products. Vani-T gets amzing results with lots of other people, as I have said in every post I am convinced the problem is with my own skin not the products or application.

Hi Martigirl,

Sounds like your clients are really happy and thats great. I thought id point out about medication etc as you said you have problems with all spray tans on your skin.

Hope you can find a product that works for you. :green:

Well I use only Sienna Sun Tropical and am very impressed with it. As has been said, failure to moisturise properly with any solution can lead to crocodile skin. Perhaps as has been said you put too much on, at least in certain areas.

You can see images of people I have tanned from light % thru to dark % in my tanning gallery at Spray Tanning Gallery - Tropical Sunrise

Please note, the images were taken with an ordinary camera with no special lighting and have not been altered in any way.

I didn't apply the tan I had a demo from the sales rep so no idea if to much applied !

Thanks for all your advice it has faded slightly but still there even after all my exfoliating & moisturising ! :eek:

I didn't apply the tan I had a demo from the sales rep so no idea if to much applied !! :eek:

Well I would hope the sales rep should be the one person who knows the correct amount to apply! I'd try a couple of demo's from other places hun, see what happens then.

I didn't apply the tan I had a demo from the sales rep so no idea if to much applied !

:eek:

How long after being sprayed were you dry enough to get dressed?

Latest posts

Back