Why are most geeks not Premium?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
The biggest majority of people on this site agree that this site is very important to them, that they learn so much from it, they don't know where they'd be without it, etc, etc. Why then are there not more Premium Geeks?

I know some would struggle even with the small fee and I understand that. However, surely there are not so many of us who cannot afford to subscribe. Afterall, you don't need to subscribe for a full year, you can subscribe quarterly, etc. I think this site offers me as much, if not more, than any the trade mags which I subscribe to.

I feel that by subscribing I am assisting with the upkeep of a site which has helped me be the nail technician I am today.

What are your thoughts Geeks, Premium or not?

I honestly would like to be a premium geek and this sounds a cop out but i truly can't afford to do it for a year, can't even afford petrol for my car :cry:
I keep putting off doing it for a month £4 (?) and saying that nxt month when im rich, i will pay for a year but then never do it cuz im still poor!
But, i have put loads of stuff on ebay so im hoping i won't have an exscuse for much longer.

Why am I not premium?
Money.
Yes, it's a valuable tool & worthwhile investment in my business.
However, as a stay at home mom, just 'barely' getting by, I can't get my hubby to understand why it's important that I become premium. He just doesn't "buy it".
You can't imagine the grief he gave me for having spent 25$ in canadian funds for buying two books:rolleyes: that are ESSENTIAL to my learning and bettering myself (since my course, I have since learned, was total CRAP)
I'm STILL arguing with him why I need to take a full L&P as a beginner to refresh all I learned in my DEP from 19yrs ago (uhh dude, info is outdated and this foggy brain has forgotten loads of stuff).

DO I plan on becoming premium? HECK YEAH! This site is so worth it.
When? When I have enough of my own money I dont have to ask hubby.

Cross your fingers for me that it's sometime soon.

Well to me (as a premium geek) it's one client a year! Thats all, just the cost of one client....and has this site helped me increase my clientele by one client a year.

You betcha ass it has.........and some!

That said - its also cost me a fortune in goodies, I've heard about here and just "had to have!!" LMAO!!

Well to me (as a premium geek) it's one client a year! Thats all, just the cost of one client....and has this site helped me increase my clientele by one client a year.

That said - its also cost me a fortune in goodies, I've heard about here and just "had to have!!" LMAO!!

Couldnt agree more, excellent point.

There is nowhere alse in the world you get as much free advice and tutoring!!! :hug:

Totally agree, give it up it doesn't cost much and it's tax deductable!

Its such a valuable resource that I was beginning to feel like I should really be giving something back. I dont really use the extra features, it was more about what I could give in return for all the help, support and information I get. IMO its doesnt cost the earth and its sooooo worth it, its a no brainer.

I agree with you Emma. I didn't become a Premmie for the extras - infact I don't really know what they all are. Its more of a thank you for all the advice and support that I have had from the site. :)

When you can pm one of the industries icons and ask for help and advise and they give it willingly,i think it is a small price to pay.

Yes those who are not premiun can also get the advise,so why bother ????

By way of appreiciation for everything they do ! To preserve our comunity and ensure it continues to run for many years to come.

It is doubfull i will ever buy a text book again,why would i need to ?

Money very well spent imho !

Exellent thread mate :hug:

I have rarely started a topic but I've asked lots of questions and had help from people I dream of being as good as. Paying a tiny fee every few months seems such a small thing to do to help towards the site in return. Worth every penny, even if I cant really afford it, way I see it though is I am getting invaluable help and advice to help me on my way. :)

Didnt know you could be a premium geek or what one is for that matter. I usually got 3 toddlers buzzing round my ankles when I am on here and don't read things thoroughly. Maybe it should be promoted more ie emailed the details or something like that.

Have just become a Premium Geek!
It's only for 3 months for now but at least I'm trying!

I'm renewing every 3 months at the moment as every penny counts lol!! But felt I should give back to the site as its fantastic!! :)

I became a premium geek because I felt that it was a bit cheeky not to tbh. All the learning and mates that I have made, made it the bargain of the century.:hug:

I have been a premium geek for about 2 years now?....well I know I have renewed my annual sub!!......I don't think I even take advantage of the perks like paging and more gallery space...but I like to feel I contribute to the best nail forum ever ....even if it is just financially!!!

Well, 2 clients for me with the exchange :wink2:
And yes, I do agree...
Will argue with hubby again tonight LOL :lol:

i am a prem geek.... i have been for ... i dunno how everlong its been set up... i remember when sam set up just a donations thing to help with the cost of site... the prem geek idea was fab as you do get so much more... i remember when my sub ran out... everything disappeared....well the extras that is....lol

Jess
xox

Have always been a premmie I am not loaded but feel that helping with the costs is the right thing to do.
Like Jess said you do miss the extra's when the subs run out :)

The biggest majority of people on this site agree that this site is very important to them, that they learn so much from it, they don't know where they'd be without it, etc, etc. Why then are there not more Premium Geeks?

I know some would struggle even with the small fee and I understand that. However, surely there are not so many of us who cannot afford to subscribe. Afterall, you don't need to subscribe for a full year, you can subscribe quarterly, etc. I think this site offers me as much, if not more, than any the trade mags which I subscribe to.

I feel that by subscribing I am assisting with the upkeep of a site which has helped me be the nail technician I am today.

What are your thoughts Geeks, Premium or not?

i felt that i was learning so much from this site and its of immense help to a trainee geek like me that i subscribed almost immediately. Felt there's not a lot I can give back with regards to advice or help, so sticking £20 odd in the pot was the least i could do. Am really really grateful this place is here and to be honest, I havent started earning yet, but it's not that much in the big scheme of things

Well, my subscription was gifted to me by one of my dear friends on this site as a Christmas present, she knew the financial bind I was in and how badly I wanted to become one. I was looking at the options the other day and intend trying to renew before this one runs out (still in a bind) because I truly love this site and don't know where I would be without it!!

Latest posts

Back