WHY don't they LISTEN???????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
So, what part of 'Your nails are wet. Don't touch anything. You will smudge them. They won't be dry for a while.....' do clients not understand????
Sorry for the rant, but this just wrecks me!!!
And then you have spend valuable time, that may be eating into another client's appointment time, fixing their nails!!!
:irked: :irked: :irked:
Does anybody have any wonder products thay use to get the nails dry that little bit quicker? I'm using quick dry after the top coat, but it's still not quick enough!!
Thanks geeks!!!

i have my client hold their nails under a heat lamp for a few minutes (it's set up in another chair so i can start my next client) then they sit and let them airdry..if they mess them up it's not a big deal--boo boos come with part of the territory of doing nails.. :hug:

what about a gel polish or sealant? when i started doing rockstar nails and toes, i had a lot less clients requesting polish..and you make more money too..lol

I understand the frustration! I agree, very annoying. Its like having a BIG RED button that says DANGER DO NOT PUSH!! But yet, people still push.

As for that magical top coat that drys in minutes.... the person whoever invents that will be a MILLIONAIRE!! But, I have heard people say great things about Creatives Air Dry. I have not tried it personally. I plan to soon though.

I spray my clients nails with Solar speed spray a couple of minutes after applying the top coat - this definitely speeds the drying process. I then tell them to leave them flat on the desk for a few minutes.

Those that flap their hands about get 'told off'' - I've had to clean polish off of my framed certificates hanging on the wall more than once:eek:

Another vote for SolarSpeed Spray here. Seems to do the trick and the smell is gorgeous!
Also, you could use this as a retail opportunity for selling SolarOil. A drop of SolarOil on the enamel helps to dry it and I tell my clients how good it is for them anyway with the added bonus of drying nail enamel quickly. Never fails! ;)

After applying polish I wait approx. 30 seconds before I drop one drop of Tammy Taylors Quick & Dry (or her cuticle oil) on each nail, wait a minute or so before I rub the oil carefully over the entire nail and feel that they're touch dry before the client washes her hands.

"Peach Quick Dry & Cuticle Conditioner - This all natural, peach scented conditioner softens and moisturizes cuticles as it facilitates the quick drying of nail polish. Without the use of alcohol or mineral oil, this aromatic conditioner dries polish up to 5 times faster than air drying. A great way to offer your busy clients a special touch."

Last edited:
Solar Oil dries polish very quickly and CND Air Dry is a miracle product. Try a bottle and see for yourself.

I NEVER say things are good if they aren't!! NEVER. I put my own name and reputation behind every product I endorse. It doesn't cost a fortune ... TRY IT. It gives a fantastic gloss and very durable protection.

Don't like Out the Door ... it yellows in the sun or under sun beds.

Last edited:
I use Out The Door topcoat combined with drying drops (I cannot remember the brand of drops we use though, they come in a black and gold box...I'll check tomorrow for you!!)

EDIT: They're Qtica drops!!

Last edited:
Its like if you say: Be careful, the polish isn't dry yet, take a minute to sit with your hands still and wait for them to dry.
The client hears: Your polish is 100% dry already, you can do anything you like with them, if you went and built a house with them right this very second they wouldn't chip or smudge, not even a little bit!

And the flappy hand thing?! What exactly is that supposed to achieve?! So by swishing your hands around in the air as if your going to fly is going to make your polish dry?

I need to look into some drying equipment as this is becoming more of a problem the more polishes I do. xx

i have the same problem so i have just invested in a digital nail printer it takes 20 seconds to print 5 nails and it drys almost instantly. its amazing you can even print photos onto the nails i have alot of clients requeting pictures of their kids all they need to do is bring a memory card with the pic they want on it. they are extremly expensive but are worth every penny and save you so much time which means you can fit in more clients in a day which means more earning potential

I think that chocolate angels's idea of a heat lamp is a good investment and it would be beneficial to you. Fortunately for me my clients don't return with smudged nails that they caused themselves but if I had regular customers I would tend to buy the heat lamp, infact, it's a good idea anyway that way if you have a number of cleints booked it would be good for business. :)

i used to have that problem with one client after a pedicure..they listen now when i got some of these little pedi slippers..it works a treat when they can walk downstairs into my kitchen to sit and have their cuppa after treatment and wait till it's dry for their manicures i invested in a nail dryer.

OPI drip dry. It is amazing stuff! You apply a drop or 2 to the nail 1 minute after applying the top coat. It is then touch dry in 60 seconds and fully dry after 5 min. And this stuff really does work better than any thing else I have ever tried. :)

Fabulous! I just bought some Drip Dry today. Was in Sallys and I thought I'd give it a try! Yay!!

Goodness me, how did I survive behind the table for 15 years in the salon without ever owning a heat lamp or an air drier for nails??? :rolleyes: Easy ... Solar Oil.

Once you understand the chemistry behind polish drying and realise that neither heat NOR air will dry nail polish it all makes sense.

What dries nail polish is eliminating oxygen from the surface, and this is what all solutions that dry polish do! If something is added that aids the speedy evaporation of the solvents in the polish .. so much the better.

Do not waste your money on machines that promise to dry polish. They don't ... what they do, is keep your clients still for a few minutes but more often than not the client smudges the polish when she puts her hands in the darned machine!!

If I have a lady who cant keep still I ask her to sit with her fingers interlocked with each other. It makes her more aware that they are WET. Little monkeys aren't they. ??

Not tried Air Dry but I will pick some up on my next visit to Creative. But I do use Solar Oil and their Solar Speed Spray also and they both work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Out the door as a top coat and get my clients to run their hands under cold water. This not only seems to dry the nails quicker but it also gets off any dust etc.

After hearing about AirDry, i think i will invest in that in the future.

God i love this site!

Latest posts

Back