Why lint free wipes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanned85

Reaction score
Daft question :D Why do we have to use lint free wipes???? and are the ones off ebay the same as the shops (the ones you get 1000000 for 99p for) :D

For lots of reasons. It's not a daft question but if you spent a few minutes thinking about it I'm sure you would come up with the answer.

Who wants bits of lint or fuzzies in their gel if you are using gel? Or in your polish if using polish? They get on your brushes ... Nightmare.

Any lint or fuzzies left on the natural nail Or caught in the product when applying enhancements can act as a pipeline for moisture to penetrate and cause lifting or greenies.

You need clean equipment and a clean surface to operate on and that does not include any bits!

I would not buy anything from eBay as I only use professional sources. I use gauze pads from S2'. They are virtually lint free and I could not operate as a technician without them. I have used them for 25 years and must have bought trillions.

Oh gosh the nail techs worst enemy THE FUZZY. They creep up on you. Just when you think it's clear BAM there it is all fluffy sticky uppy and ruining what would be a perfect job

Lint free pads every time for me

Vicki x

THE FUZZY is oh, so annoying! :eek:

Lint free wipes are a must ... nothing else will do.

Lint free always HATE fuzzies! ;)

They are a must otherwise you may as well wipe your clients nails with your dog or cat lol xx

I get lint free wipes from Capital and have got them from Sallys too and have found they make no difference i still get fuzzys!!! The only things that dont for me are the IBD nail wipes they are more like sponges xx

I get lint free wipes from Capital and have got them from Sallys too and have found they make no difference i still get fuzzys!!! The only things that dont for me are the IBD nail wipes they are more like sponges xx

The lint free wipes I used to buy from Sallys are absolutely not lint free, I wont use them now, they make work sooo hard!!

I use spongey cloth things cut into bits

I use spongey cloth things cut into bits

That's real helpful !!

Gauze pads are the bomb. Why not give them a try? Sponges waste loads of liquid and they tend to break up into bits as do those dreadful paper things! But why listen to me? After 25+ years working in this industry at the topmost level, I obviously know nothing! Lol

I like the lint free pad from s2. But I do use the hands down plastic backed pads. I find these have some fuzzies but i cope with them because the plastic back protects my own manicure. Xxx

That's real helpful !!

Gauze pads are the bomb. Why not give them a try? Sponges waste loads of liquid and they tend to break up into bits as do those dreadful paper things! But why listen to me? After 25+ years working in this industry at the topmost level, I obviously know nothing! Lol

I wasn't trying to be unhelpful. Just noting it as an option to try if perhaps OP didn't get on so well with another one. :sad:

I wasn't trying to be unhelpful. Just noting it as an option to try if perhaps OP didn't get on so well with another one. :sad:

:hug: dont do sad face, not on a Saturday night! x

I have always used the ones from Bio Sculpture & have found that they do the job nicely, but I would be interested in finding out who makes the circular ones that have a tab on the back so I can pinch onto that whilst ensuring none of the product seeps back into my thumb when removing sticky residue etc.... The only thing I will say is that the Bio's lint free ones are rather thin ....

The lint free wipes I used to buy from Sallys are absolutely not lint free, I wont use them now, they make work sooo hard!!

Glad its not just me!!

Glad its not just me!!

And me I'm finding just as I'm ready to paint, it's like a fuzzie invasion...really bad on a pack I recently opened.

Love it Lmao!! One of my client's cats tried to help today! I had to explain fluff and fur is my mortal enemy (to the cat) :D

Glad its not just me!!

Me also! I must try a different brand. Pack from Sallys clearly says '100% Lint free' but still I find fuzzies everywhere! Most annoying thing ever with Shellac :evil: Must try S2 or TFTC.

To OP, you need lint free, but only if it is really lint free!xx

The best thing I found girls with no fuzzys is paper wax strips works a treat and my trained recommends over the branded stuff xxx

Latest posts

Back