Will Gelish set in a hot car boot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
Just wondering, as I was on my way to do a client today with my Gelish in the car boot, if the heat from the sun will set the product if left in there for too long. Obviously it's not direct sunlight but it does get very hot in there. I would be absolutely gutted if my whole range of Gelish cured in one day but then again there's no choice but to transport it still in the hot summer months.

Oh No I hope not, my car got pretty hot today and I left it in there whilst visiting...best go check!

It's fine.. phew! it was in a black case though, hope yours is okay :)

It will be totally fine. I had mine in conservatory and it was even hotter than a car. Nothing wrong with it. I have moved it out now but that's cause I have other chemicals in my desk!!

It's only the uv or led light and direct sunlight that can potentially set the gel.

The heat can't set the gel but it won't do it any good. I hate having to transport my products especially in the summer!

It's only the uv or led light and direct sunlight that can potentially set the gel.

Actually this is not correct. Extreme heat can and will affect any type of product and I have seen both gel and monomer start to polymerise because of it.

Keep your products as far as is possible at an ambient temperature as per all manufacturers' instructions.

Car boots are a no no for monomer, polish, uv cured products, volatile and flammable liquids.

Why not sit your carry case in a cool box or something when transporting? Then you can just remove it and carry your normal case in to the clients house? This will ensure it never over heats?! :) x

Geeg, When I had mine in conservatory I noticed that I was getting air bubbles in my liquid and powder application, no matter what I did. Not saying it was the heat but I don't have this issue when Im not in there.

Geeg, When I had mine in conservatory I noticed that I was getting air bubbles in my liquid and powder application, no matter what I did. Not saying it was the heat but I don't have this issue when Im not in there.

Probably exactly what it was. Heat affects the chemical reaction of any product and particularly polymerisation. When a product polymerises, it gives off Oxygen. If you trap the O2 in your product because it is going hard too quickly, you get air trapped in the polymer .... Bubbles. We always advise to work out of the sun and in an ambient temperature which is between 60 F and 75 F.

Actually this is not correct. Extreme heat can and will affect any type of product and I have seen both gel and monomer start to polymerise because of it.

Keep your products as far as is possible at an ambient temperature as per all manufacturers' instructions.

Car boots are a no no for monomer, polish, uv cured products, volatile and flammable liquids.

Thanku for the correction I assumed from other threads on here it was direct light that did this.

A good quality beauty case helps when you're mobile.

Mine is light in colour and has good padding between the outer metal and the products.

I never leave my case in my car any longer than it takes to travel to a clients, but i find even if the case warms on the outside, it stay cool on the inside.

I also do not put mine in the boot. Its too big! So it gets belted into the rear seat, and i have a clip on the seat belt that holds it in place. Then my case benefits from the air con too :)

Try not to leave your cases in the car ladies. Not only can it get extremely warm in there, which is a horrible idea around flammables, but the evil opportunists of the world could easily make off with all your equipment xxx

A good quality beauty case helps when you're mobile.

Mine is light in colour and has good padding between the outer metal and the products.

I never leave my case in my car any longer than it takes to travel to a clients, but i find even if the case warms on the outside, it stay cool on the inside.

I also do not put mine in the boot. Its too big! So it gets belted into the rear seat, and i have a clip on the seat belt that holds it in place. Then my case benefits from the air con too :)

Try not to leave your cases in the car ladies. Not only can it get extremely warm in there, which is a horrible idea around flammables, but the evil opportunists of the world could easily make off with all your equipment xxx

Which beauty case do you use? I'm looking to get one for my expanding Gelish collection but can't find any I like! :) xVx

Wrap an ice pack in a towel & keep it with your products. It will stay cooler for longer in a towel.

I always keep a temperature gauge with my gels just so I know they are ok.

Wish I was getting some of this heat that you are all talking about!

Sorry for the delay in replying but thanks for all your comments. This may sound like a silly question but if the gels are put in a cool bag is this enough on its own to stop them getting warm or do I need the ice? Sorry if I'm being dumb but really not sure ...

Sorry for the delay in replying but thanks for all your comments. This may sound like a silly question but if the gels are put in a cool bag is this enough on its own to stop them getting warm or do I need the ice? Sorry if I'm being dumb but really not sure ...

That would depend on how hot the day is & how long the car was closed up for & if it was parked in the shade.etc....

Ice pack just to be on the safe side or take the bottles/pots of gel in with you. PLUS all flammables

That would depend on how hot the day is & how long the car was closed up for & if it was parked in the shade.etc....

Ice pack just to be on the safe side or take the bottles/pots of gel in with you. PLUS all flammables

Thanks Pooh8bear! x

Latest posts

Back