Words or phrases in the beauty industry that are annoying.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it does only takes me five minutes.

Wether it actually takes five minutes or not, if you don't have those five minutes spare you can't squeeze it in can you.

I wish it only took me 5 minutes x

I wish it only took me 5 minutes x

Lol, every client is different. Some take literally 2 minutes, others take ten. I always like to do a thorough job though, and pluck out all the tiny hairs, so I book 10 mins for each. That also allows time if they wanted a tint or lip wax aswell.

Lol, every client is different. Some take literally 2 minutes, others take ten. I always like to do a thorough job though, and pluck out all the tiny hairs, so I book 10 mins for each. That also allows time if they wanted a tint or lip wax aswell.

I love the clients with fine eyebrows, they're so quick and hassle free. Had a lady in yesterday and hers were so thick and dense, it took me ages -or it felt like it anyway lol- had to do loads of plucking, it was like extracting the bristles from a yard brush!! Lol. Lovely lady though and she didn't pass any comment or ask any idiotic questions. She loved her brows too :-D x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I hate when they say "I just want a french, how much"
Errrrmmmm which french???????????
So I try to explain the options and ask questions about the clients needs, to get cut off "I just want a french".

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, let's see:
Acrylic
Uv Gel
Tip-n-Dip
Shellac
Natural Mani

THEN there's variations of the frenchs;
Tipped/sculpted/hand-painted/standard/two-tone/funky/glitter/..... etc.......................

I end up telling them "Services start at xyz$, please visit my website and go through my services and service descriptions to determine what's best for you. Very sorry, but am with a client at the moment and really can't talk much longer", if they can't give me a straight answer.

It annoys me when people think that sculpted enhancements aren't as good as tip and overlay. I explain time and time again that they are pure acrylic etc etc and they look at me like i'm asking them to trial an unapproved drug or something.
"will they still be long?" I know its a small thing but it really ticks me off and its oh so satisfying when they come for rebalance 3 weeks later and they're still as strong as the day they were applied and the client says "you were right" hehe x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

mine is "can you fit me in for a quick eyebrow wax" me yeah sure my next client be here 5 mins you take then through the room and they say "oh my top lip and chin and whatever hairs u see around the face" this really bugs me and i dont know why lol

"I don't want any glue left on my nails"

ITS NOT GLUE IT'S GEL!! Arghhh x

I've got a good one that will p a fair few of us off.
In my insurance documents:
Nail extensions. The insured will (i) check that the client is not allergic to acrylics or plastics prior to applying false nails or nail extensions before proceeding with the treatment. (ii) obtain written consent from the parent or guardian of any persons under the age of 14 prior to performing nail extensions.

Key words: nail EXTENSIONS, FALSE nails, ACRYLICS, AGE OF 14?!

I am truly shocked, stumbled across it this morning and I'm wondering if they can't get it right and they're supposed to be a beauty insurance then I can't believe other insurance companies would.

it's not a phrase, but at my prior place of employment, i hated when i was booked in for a 15 min bikini wax, and the lady had never done ANYTHING to her bits lol

OMG I have actualy found my worst ever thing I have just thaught if it!!! I am mobile and clients ask how much I pay for things. For example picking up a bottle of peroxide and saying how much for one of these then...or with minx asking how much for a sheet of these then... my blood boils everytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

I had that yesterday, I was doing Dhellac for friend of my sister and she kept saying things like "How much is a bottle of Shellac?", "How much was your training?" etc. Makes me really annoyed!

Thins like this really make my blood boil, im reading through them now and thinking omg, thats happened to me!!

The phrases people use are vile, like thinnend out? i dont even know how to spell it, that really gets me.

I have a lady whos hair is as straight as anything and she reckons its curly and spends 30 minutes saying, just cut it to the curl over and over again.
I want to drown her.

Last week I went to collect my new backwashes Id bought from a salon that was closing down, and the woman I was buying them off was like,
oooh I like your grey hair, my mam wants it like that, (whats it????)
she was going on about putting her "streaks" in and "streaking this" and "streaking that" the things she was saying to me.
She had gone into a salon over the road and asked if she could lend a colour to colour her mothers hair. I could rant on and on and on.
But... I cant complain, she had no clue she sold me 2 brand new REM backwash units for £100 each lol.

She can stick her "streaking cap" up her butt :) x x

50% off.:irked:

"Tacky layer "
There is NOTHING tacky about MY Shellac !

Product! - At the hairdressers when they have got 3 pots and 4 sprays out,

it's SOME products or A product.

Fortunately my hairdresser Alex knows it drives me nuts and doesn't use such bad grammar unless she wants to wind me up!

I'm another one who hates the stupidly named CUTICLE oil.

I now sell Solar oil and love the fact it does what is should to the nails & surounding skin and there is no mention of cuticles :)

I hate it when clients think they are your only client and expect you to drop everything and and be available at the drop of a hat (god forbid you have a personal life or other clients).

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but it's the thin eyebrow one for me..... "you won't do my eyebrows really thin will you." course I will, that drawn on surprised look from the eighties is working its way back in fashion you know!

God I've got loads!

'Beautician'

"I'm going to have a break to let my nails breathe" Yes, cos each nail has a teeny tiny pair of lungs!

In regards to eyelash tint, "I don't need a patch test because I've had them done loads of times before" - Yes but not at this salon & you're telling me that if you have a reaction & turn into the elephant woman then you're not going to sue me?!

Or even better, "I trained as a therapist a couple of years ago so I know I won't react" - in that case you should know better.

Best one was just recently:
Client: can you fit me in today for an eyebrow wax
Me: no I'm sorry I'm fully booked. Can I put you in for next week?
Client: no, I really need them doing today. How about if I come down & just sit & wait & you can fit me in in between clients
Me: erm no, how about you get more organised & book in before you're 'desperate'!

Clients who say: I only want a thin overlay, just the French look

Well overlays don't come in thin, medium or thick dear (clients do though) and just the French will take me a lot longer than the complicated clear acrylic

Bless 'em :hug:

i hate it when my friends book in for simething and once i havebooked it they say....
'dont forget mates rates!'

aghhh!!

Latest posts

Back