Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't find it too much in Beauty but when i worked in offices with sales guys what used to really annoy me was:

Touch Base

I used to play Buzz Word Bingo with some of the other people in the office during meetings because one of the Managers loved his Buzz Words ..... he didn't like it when someone actually shouted "BINGO" when he was full flow !!!!!

I don't mind most pet names for other half's etc, the salon manager I'm renting nails space off calls everyone Queen, which does sort of grate on me.

However what really gets me is peoples lack of correct words & grammar, their, there & they're is the main offender:
The toy over there which that boy is playing with is theirs & they're sharing it with the other boy.

I mean come on, it's not hard !!! :smack:

Oh & those that really cant spell .... like they put R in Can't & spell it Carnt :evil:

I don't find it too much in Beauty but when i worked in offices with sales guys what used to really annoy me was:

Touch Base

I used to play Buzz Word Bingo with some of the other people in the office during meetings because one of the Managers loved his Buzz Words ..... he didn't like it when someone actually shouted "BINGO" when he was full flow !!!!!

I don't mind most pet names for other half's etc, the salon manager I'm renting nails space off calls everyone Queen, which does sort of grate on me.

However what really gets me is peoples lack of correct words & grammar, their, there & they're is the main offender:
The toy over there which that boy is playing with is theirs & they're sharing it with the other boy.

I mean come on, it's not hard !!! :smack:

Oh & those that really cant spell .... like they put R in Can't & spell it Carnt :evil:

I try not to judge too much on spelling, being dyslexic I know it's hard for some people and the they, their, they're thing often stumps me. It's embarrassing and having been bought up with a father calling me stupid because of my inability to spell "because" "friend" "appreciate" etc i try to go easy on miss spelling :)
Text speak on the other hand or writing with an accent (a lot of my Scottish friends do this) really annoys me!

My fella says obeast! And pacific instead of specific! X

I try not to judge too much on spelling, being dyslexic I know it's hard for some people and the they, their, they're thing often stumps me. It's embarrassing and having been bought up with a father calling me stupid because of my inability to spell "because" "friend" "appreciate" etc i try to go easy on miss spelling :)
Text speak on the other hand or writing with an accent (a lot of my Scottish friends do this) really annoys me!

Accents! Yes! My aunt face books saying going to the kwarp, I know what she means, but I had to ask first. She says co op kwarp so writes it that way. Xoxo

I listen to xfm and in the mornings they have been doing a segment in the show where they secretly record the meetings that the producer goes into. The producer says really annoying office type jargon and then it's aired for our amusement.... (The producer is in on this so he purposely comes out with some really good ones)

"Let's put a pin in that one.."
"Let's put that idea in the thought fridge and come back to it later.."
The best part is, others in the meeting can be heard just agreeing with him.

Seriously worth a listen xx

Accents! Yes! My aunt face books saying going to the kwarp, I know what she means, but I had to ask first. She says co op kwarp so writes it that way. Xoxo

I had an argument on Facebook with a Scottish go the other week (long story) but I honestly kept having to ask her to repeat everything she said! It was so funny! Everyone that read it read it in a broad Scottish accent. It was like a rather x rated Mcbeth lol

I hate it when people say
Not being funny but ...
Ja know what I mean ...
Or when people are being rude then say joke ! They weren't joking they just think you will forgive them as they said joke after x

I had an argument on Facebook with a Scottish go the other week (long story) but I honestly kept having to ask her to repeat everything she said! It was so funny! Everyone that read it read it in a broad Scottish accent. It was like a rather x rated Mcbeth lol

Weel yi ken its nae frie ti judge folk on far the came fay.

Lol I would never wright in my accent as no one would have a clue what I was saying if you are not from the same city :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Weel yi ken its nae frie ti judge folk on far the came fay.

Lol I would never wright in my accent as no one would have a clue what I was saying if you are not from the same city :-D

Ah Ken whit Yous is saying likes

Sorry Hun, I didn't want to read and run, but due to your post, which I read when I was sat in the salon, I couldn't help my actions..now be a good girl and remember there is no I in team and we all need to amalgamate our up management due to our increase productivity"

Fnar!

At the end of the day

lol, i have a friend who texts in a strange combination of a Dundonian accent and text speak, its a code i have to crack but i'll get there :rolleyes:.
this is a strictly Scottish one but it makes me cringe and sets my teeth on edge 'oxters' or 'keech'.
my son has an annoying way of asking something, he'll say 'Question?' and then proceed to ask...now when he does it i start to sing the first line from Independent Women hahaha.
people who say 'no offence', thats always guaranteed to cause offence...:evil:.
oops, i am guilty of saying 'hun' or 'lovie', sorry!xxx

Chimley! Or chimunee! Its chimney.
Or my oh when he says pacifically instead of specifically xoxo

My mom says pacifically too haha x

my son has an annoying way of asking something, he'll say 'Question?' and then proceed to ask...now when he does it i start to sing the first line from Independent Women hahaha.

Haha one of my colleagues says this all the time and my response is always 'Tell me what you think about this...', I don't think he has a clue what I'm talking about lol! X

You have all made me smile, and some of those accents - I can't understand ;)

Yes, the majority of those get on my nerves too!

Haters-aaaarrrrhhh! A local girl has "got bare gurl haters" seriously you live in a small village! Deleted from my FB!

Xx

Haha one of my colleagues says this all the time and my response is always 'Tell me what you think about this...', I don't think he has a clue what I'm talking about lol! X
neither did my son until he watched Charlies Angels and the song came on!xxx

I hate the phrase 'business is business' as those who say it have usually shafted someone or been underhand or sneaky or downright dishonest and use that phrase as an excuse that its OK to do so.

I also hate people referring to nail professionals as 'techies' !! :evil: I don't even like 'techs' but that's just me.

Two others are 'coolio' and 'hunnio' which sounds just stupid coming out of a grown woman's mouth. IMHO

lol, i have a friend who texts in a strange combination of a Dundonian accent and text speak, its a code i have to crack but i'll get there :rolleyes:.
this is a strictly Scottish one but it makes me cringe and sets my teeth on edge 'oxters' or 'keech'.
people who say 'no offence', thats always guaranteed to cause offence...:evil:.
oops, i am guilty of saying 'hun' or 'lovie', sorry!xxx

Love the word oxter. Keech not so much :-D

Latest posts

Back