Worse job ever waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
I have just had a nightmare waxing a regular lady for leg & bikini wax. I have my hive 1000 in between 3/4 her legs were fine the wax just appeared a little more sticky than normal. Her bikini however was awful the hairs just wouldn't grip in the wax it was really sticky but liquidly I decided to leave it in the end as I didn't want to go over the same area, I have booked her in for next week and didn't charge for bikini obviously. Do you think this was because it is sooo hot the wax just seemed to behave different, I had done waxing on 2 ladies first thing this morn with no probs but it was a lot cooler then. I do have a fan in my room but turned it down when I was waxing as I find it cools the wax too quickly. Her body temp was very warm and mine too I was dripping :o. Anyone have any idea as to if the heat has given me problems.

This is the sort of weather where good old talc comes into its own.I know there is a lot about not using it now but you can get talc free dusting powder.Femfresh powder is talc free and for the bikini area.

Last edited:
Not sure about Hive wax, but I've experienced issues with Depileve wax going sticky in the heat when I've been in for a full body wax in the past (with me as the client being waxed).
Posted via Mobile Device

Sometimes i find the wax getting quite tacky when its very hot, but i think its because the client is so hot and its normally around the top of the thighs.

Yep, talc will help.

I found waxing today a little bit troublesome - it's definitely the weather! I agree with Gillian, use a light dusting of powder on the skin before applying the wax :hug:

from the sound of it, i think it may be that your clients skin was to hot and sweaty, i have just done a back and chest wax on a client ( male ), who was very hot and sticky, after i had applied the pre wax treatment and some powder he was still sweating up a bit, the first strip i took off did not go that well and the wax did not behave as it should, I cleaned the area and then went over his back with a tissue to blot any persperation and applied more powder and again wiped the excess off with a paper towel, after that it went as normel and I had no futher problems, I do think that a clients body heat can make a huge difference to the performance of the wax, I have used Hive waxes and have never had any problens with them, i think its just the hot weather, it just makes our job i little bit tougher :) regds Philip

Thank you all for your replys. :hug: I was suspecting the hot weather and hot sweaty skin as the problem I used pre wax oil as I normally do but on this occasion I dont think it helped. It was only the bikini area that I had a big problem with it was just like only a few hairs came out I did go over the area twice supporting the skin correctly but felt it wise not to go over it more than this. I just couldn't understand it and felt awful for my client with a patchy bikini wax. :eek:. Will try using talc tom as I dont want another experience like today. Do you think it would help to apply cold wet towels as a compress on the area prior to waxing.

can I ask why talc is not recomended any more

This is the sort of weather where good old talc comes into its own.I know there is a lot about not using it now but you can get talc free dusting powder.Femfresh powder is talc free and for the bikini area.

can I ask why talc is not recomended any more
Apparently 'talc' or anything containing 'talc' is thought to be linked to cancer. I am not saying this is the gospel truth or not, but this is the general idea nowadays.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore. 10 million studies say one thing about something and 10 million say another :rolleyes:!

I talced my babies bottoms so they smelled as fresh as daisies :lol:.

I live in Portugal so hot weather is a commom thing, i use talc before applying the wax because people tend to swet more and there is more humidity in the air, and that can make your wax "sticky" but not adhesive...

Latest posts

Back