Would you sell retail items to a non client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I would. Try to build up a bit of a rapport with the "purchaser" and when she is thinking of booking a treatment guess who she'll think of first!!

I say 'SELL IT'

You may never know... your willingness to sell them what they want (assuming of course it's meant for a consumer's use and not only a professional's) may generate more business for you in both retail AND in services.
Take that opportunity to educate them about different products. How they will get the most benefit from them, what do you 'see' that they might need (have they exceptionally dry skin, or whatever?).
AND
then take the opportunity to say "oh, while you're here, I thought you'd like to know about this month's promotion on such-and-such a service"

At some point, they're likely to bring you further business or refer someone to you.

hth's

i would defo sell to non clients, you can make alot of extra money by doing this! when this happens to me i just make sure i tell the client about our services as well and give them a price card to take away. alot then come back for services after they've bought the products. a win win situation in my eyes!:)

Yes ... it's a good way to increase client potential.

Hi all

IM having a hell of a time at the mo OPI new zealand are now selling anywhere and every where its no longer a salon only products this upsets me after training and stocking opi for years that i could walk inot a chemist or farmers ( big shoping place like target ) and buy opi ink off the countier. so hunn if someone walks in wants retail sell sell sell and you dont know howlong its going to be salon only . due to opi's $$$$$$ greed im changing to cnd lock stock and barrell

I would defo sell,
As well as for ever reason everybody else has given,
Theres also the senario of ..

client comes for treatment brings a friend,
while client is having treatment, the friend has a browse at retail items to pass time....decides on 5 enamels that she likes,Then decides she better get the base and top coat recomended too,
and a solar oil (as she has seen it recomended) solar balm, and a few files ect...

After the client has finished her treatment, she decides to purchase the enamel you have used on her,
Now could you really sell to her, but not the friend as she didnt have a treatment ????
I cant see it !

I would sell, and be very helpful doing so.
The potential client will then know where to come next time .
xxxxxxxxxx

Hmm
Would defo sell...
But for the statement of cnd only being sold by cnd techs, sad story is that here in Denmark they have just allowed ordinary stores (not cnd educated stores) to sell cnd products. As far as I'm concerned its solar oil, which unfortunately is one of the products we rely on to retail... sad story eh
But again if they want to by, sell!!!
Karen

Hmm
Would defo sell...
But for the statement of cnd only being sold by cnd techs, sad story is that here in Denmark they have just allowed ordinary stores (not cnd educated stores) to sell cnd products. As far as I'm concerned its solar oil, which unfortunately is one of the products we rely on to retail... sad story eh
But again if they want to by, sell!!!
Karen

Hmm!! Are you sure 'they' have allowed stores to sell or are the stores illegally importing. AND if 'they' have allowed SOME high end stores to sell maybe it is because the nail technicians are not carrying the CND retail products so 'they' are selling it to stores so that it is readily available to those who want these products.

I'm not pointing the finger at the techs in Denmark at all, but generally I would say, that if the nail technicians can't/won't or do not retail all the beautiful products that CND have on offer, then it would be very tempting to put the products in selected high end stores that will. All CND technicians have no problem selling Solar Oil and Creative Colours, but what about all the other fab products???

CND products appear in all the glossy magazines here in the UK. The PR department work very hard to get the Beauty editors to work with us ... if the technicians then do not have the products for sale when the public are sent to their salons ... what are you going to do?

Best way to make more money without physically working for it is to retail and to retail well. If you don't know how, then take a class with CND on how to retail successfully.

Yes you should definetly sell to them.

Imagine if you went to hair salon and they wouldn't sell you hair products as you weren't a client, I would have an absolute fit and tbh I would go away with a very bad view of the salon and would certainly tell my friends !

IMO We should be grateful for the people that still come to us and buy retail and not get it cheaper of the internet.

Latest posts

Back