Xmas Promotions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
Just thinking of doing a promotion during November/December aimed at the Xmas party scene. Probably trying to boost up party nail clients.

Anyone got any good ideas for incentives or wording for promotional materials? What would make YOU part with £20 for a set of temporary extensions?

I work mobile and home salon by the way.

Thanks,
Hazel

£20!?

You're joking right? I'm charging £25 training rate until the end of Sept then it goes up to £35. I wasn't going to charge a training rate but thought it'd get people in the door a bit quicker.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there!

Um, prob push glitter tips and if they have these (because they are more expensive than nn) then perhaps offer a 1/2 price mini pedi. They can have French or for a little extra, glitter to match their gorgeous fingers.

Just an idea?

Xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Just thinking of doing a promotion during November/December aimed at the Xmas party scene. Probably trying to boost up party nail clients.

Anyone got any good ideas for incentives or wording for promotional materials? What would make YOU part with £20 for a set of temporary extensions?

I work mobile and home salon by the way.

Thanks,
Hazel
Hi Hazel

I might be being dumb bt what do you mean by tempory extensions??

I think she could mean "party nails" - tips are applied with a resin overlay that will last a few days, rather than full enhancements? Another geek may be able to explain further! x

Hi Hazel

I might be being dumb bt what do you mean by tempory extensions??

The party nails I do are basically a full well natural tip, blended, 1 layer clear soak off gel then painted with polish of choice. They are only designed to last a few days for a special occasion eg the office christmas party

I would like to run several different promotions in the months running up to christmas and also new year.

Cheers,

Hazel

£20!?

You're joking right? I'm charging £25 training rate until the end of Sept then it goes up to £35. I wasn't going to charge a training rate but thought it'd get people in the door a bit quicker.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there!

Um, prob push glitter tips and if they have these (because they are more expensive than nn) then perhaps offer a 1/2 price mini pedi. They can have French or for a little extra, glitter to match their gorgeous fingers.

Just an idea?

Xx
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you might have misunderstood - £20 is for temporary tips, not full enhancements. I currently charge £30 for a set of sculpted l&p which is about average for my area.

I agree you're doing the right thing charging a training rate. This was how I got my first few proper clients when I started last month as they all stayed with me even when the price went up. If you do it for free you tend to get people who aren't really that bothered and are just having it done 'cos it's free.

Cheers
Hazel

HI,
I was thinking of a November promotion of £40 for a full set of L & P extensions + spray tan. This would normally cost £50.
Hopefully this will get them 'hooked' on nails & tans and they'll keep it up through the party season. :wink2:

I think it's a great idea to offer party nails as there are so many
places that do not allow the staff to wear extensions.
and lets face it everyone wants to look glam for the christmas do.
I normally do christmas party packages encourages clients to have
the add on treatments they wouldn't normally have.
nail art is normally popular at christmas too.

I think you might have misunderstood - £20 is for temporary tips, not full enhancements. I currently charge £30 for a set of sculpted l&p which is about average for my area.

I agree you're doing the right thing charging a training rate. This was how I got my first few proper clients when I started last month as they all stayed with me even when the price went up. If you do it for free you tend to get people who aren't really that bothered and are just having it done 'cos it's free.

Cheers
Hazel

Sorry hun, I did misunderstand! I've never heard of party nails before though, that's probably why :rolleyes:

Great idea, party nails :) I don't do gel at the moment though, so I wouldn't be able to offer something like this :cry:

Good luck with them :green:

xx

Sorry hun, I did misunderstand! I've never heard of party nails before though, that's probably why :rolleyes:

Great idea, party nails :) I don't do gel at the moment though, so I wouldn't be able to offer something like this :cry:

xx

I know someone who does 'weekend' nails - blended tips & polish with no gel overlay at all. Best thing is, the client can easily remove them herself by rubbing with a little acetone polish remover on a cotton pad without causing any damage. Perhaps you could look at doing those?

xx

I have never heard of party nails either, they sound like a fantastic idea! So its a blended tip, with one coat of clear gel? Then normal polish?

yeah, its usually clear tips (although i've had a few who have white tips with a natural polish) with a couple of layers of resin or a very thin overl....they last a few days, just long enough for christmas party night or whatever the event!

its a great add on for clients who can't or don't want to wear enhancements for a long time...when they want a quick fix party season hits!!

xx

Im loving that idea!!!! Party nail promotion here i come!!!
Thanks you guys xx

theres a place around here that does party nails, I'll try and dig the leaflet out and post what they say.

Those party nails do sound like a great addition!

Would it work just as well with a thin layer of L&P or would you just sugest blending the tip and applying polish? Would be great with glitter over the tip then a clear over the top, you wouldn't see the line then!

Ho hum, goes off to change her price list for the twentieth time :green:

xx

theres a place around here that does party nails, I'll try and dig the leaflet out and post what they say.

That would be great, thank you xx

Yes please hun, that would be great :)

I have made a provisional one on MS Publisher to put in the salon or around newsagents. I think these would be great for proms too.

Here's my wording, if it helps anyone, great! If it needs tweaking, I'm sure someone will let me know :)

Do you have a party or special occasion coming up?

Don’t want to or can’t wear enhanced nails?

Try our new ‘Weekend Nails’

Designed with you in mind, these last approximately 3 or 4 days, depending on how you look after them. Great for those who can’t or don’t want to wear enhancements all the time.
Choose from natural finish, Forever French or glitter, to really make your outfit!

Call Sarah @ Beauty Fusions on 07534 344717 or call Diva Hair Studio on 02392 582858 to book your appointment. Prices start at £18 for natural finish
I've put them in on postcard size.

Hope this might help Femmefan who posted originally?

xx

Edited to say it is all in alignment when in Publisher!

Please call me thick..........but would someone please tell me how I can do party nails without using L&P. Can you use the silk wraps? I would like to have a go, and would this be suitable for teenagers?
Thanks
Debbie

Yes please hun, that would be great :)

I have made a provisional one on MS Publisher to put in the salon or around newsagents. I think these would be great for proms too.

Here's my wording, if it helps anyone, great! If it needs tweaking, I'm sure someone will let me know :)

Do you have a party or special occasion coming up?

Don’t want to or can’t wear enhanced nails?

Try our new ‘Weekend Nails’

Designed with you in mind, these last approximately 3 or 4 days, depending on how you look after them. Great for those who can’t or don’t want to wear enhancements all the time.
Choose from natural finish, Forever French or glitter, to really make your outfit!

Call Sarah @ Beauty Fusions on 07534 344717 or call Diva Hair Studio on 02392 582858 to book your appointment. Prices start at £18 for natural finish

I've put them in on postcard size.

Hope this might help Femmefan who posted originally?

xx

Edited to say it is all in alignment when in Publisher!

Thanks, great wording. I love having something to work with, not so good at thinking of things from scatch iykwim.

Anyone any ideas of a small freebie which could be used to encourage this service? Ooh, what about a small emery board on a keyring, just right for a handbag?

Cheers
Hazel

Please call me thick..........but would someone please tell me how I can do party nails without using L&P. Can you use the silk wraps? I would like to have a go, and would this be suitable for teenagers?
Thanks
Debbie

I should imagine you could use just a couple layers of resin & activator rather than the expense of the silk as well. My friend doesn't even do this for her weekend nails - just blend tip and polish. Try it yourself.

Cheers,
Hazel

Latest posts

Back