Ye olde worlde facial....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone does the facials that we all learned in college/training? Calamine, witch hazel, rose water, fullers earth etc?! Or does everyone go straight from college to a skincare brand , pre-mixed masks etc?

Do you think they are treatments of the past or a classic treatment that should still be on our menu's?

Hi, just wondering if anyone does the facials that we all learned in college/training? Calamine, witch hazel, rose water, fullers earth etc?! Or does everyone go straight from college to a skincare brand , pre-mixed masks etc?

Do you think they are treatments of the past or a classic treatment that should still be on our menu's?

Oh my god!! No!! Yuck and they werent nice treatments!!! all that faffing about adding rosewater to this or that!! I used the Sanctuary range when i left college then decided to be a bit more professional so I am happy to say that i now use eve taylor and i am really impressed with it. Even i think The Sanctuary Range is way way way better than (Hive)Solutions!!

They should be a thing of a past!!

Very very good thread - you just want your rep points!!! hehehe!!

xxxx

I did my facial training at college using Dermalogica, but we did learn about the old fashioned way and had to be assessed in it, it was fun and I actually really like it! :)

I would like to see this type of facial on treatment menus - just dont think that rose water has the same selling power as elemis, which is a shame!

I still use some of the old routines i.e. massage movements etc.

I thought the masks were quite nice at college actually but havent used them since I left college.

The salon I work with use Guinot...

Noooooooooooooo! :lol::lol:
Those masks were awful lol.
Nope, as soon as I left I set up with a professional brand (Eve Taylor) and haven't looked back.

It's interesting to wonder how much value the colleges themselves put on using the old style masks though, because as soon as we started level 3 they were left behind and we went on to Dermalogica.

No, no and no, they are yucky.

wow guess I am pretty lucky then that my college use and train their girls with Dermalogica!

But I still think how they did it in the olden days was fun, but perhaps I'm only thinking of the novelty value!

Hi I have often thought about the 'old' ways since returning to beauty. I think some of these masks still have their place. You can tailor it to bring it bang up to date. I think there is a bit more skill here and I definately still use some of my old massage movements. I am thinking about offering a more bespoke service in this way in the future.

I think there is something quite special with having your masks tailormade and mixed in front of you.I dont do it now because i hate getting them off and i use Eve Taylor.
I used to quite enjoy mixing and adding essential oils.An excellent mask for spotty skin and acne is fullers earth, witch hazel, HOT water and a few drops of tea tree and lavender.It needs to be really nice and warm like a poultice.Very drawing and clearing...bugger to get off though.

Latest posts

Back