You Gotta Be Kidding Me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea. I might just start doing the same..."Oh, you want a helpful tip for Shellac? A few drops of acetone in your Shellac makes it work beautifully...seriously as soon as you get your supply, open EVERY bottle and put several drops in each bottle and shake it up real well and don't forget to add extra acetone to your top and base."..bitch.

Shouldn't really laugh at you ranting a bit, but that's funny, reminds me of me going off on one, you must be so good at your job that you make it look easy hun xx

Good idea. I might just start doing the same..."Oh, you want a helpful tip for Shellac? A few drops of acetone in your Shellac makes it work beautifully...seriously as soon as you get your supply, open EVERY bottle and put several drops in each bottle and shake it up real well and don't forget to add extra acetone to your top and base."..bitch.
Good one:). Really can't believe she had the nerve to sit there and tell you exactly what she was doing!! Most people would be alot more sneaky I think :eek: xx

Really can't believe she had the nerve to sit there and tell you exactly what she was doing!! Most people would be alot more sneaky I think :eek: xx

She's always been too familiar...too comfortable saying whatever. I really wasn't surprised, just insulted.

That just takes the mick...Big Time!!...............but unfortunately its too common............

Ive had a client that has shellac with me every two weeks without fail since I have been doing it and have even had 3 recommendations from her....I visited her only yesterday and she said that this would be the last time that she would need to have shellac manicures from me as she would be doing it herself!!.....

Again bought the product from Ebay.............. but get this for £1.57 WTF!!!!........yeah whatever!!!!

Anyways she asked me whether I had ever used salon geek and in her words said 'well ive found this site that tells me exactly how I need to use it and answers any issues you have with it so I know Ill be fine with doing it'...............and then proceeded to tell me that she thought I was applying it wrong as she had read on Salon Geek I shouldnt be (her words)...'Doing the edge like I do' .......I love the termonology of those with erm expertise...Not!!!!!!

My response..................*?!!****!!!!????*****......sorry just too rude to repeat lol...............

x

That just takes the mick...Big Time!!...............but unfortunately its too common............

Ive had a client that has shellac with me every two weeks without fail since I have been doing it and have even had 3 recommendations from her....I visited her only yesterday and she said that this would be the last time that she would need to have shellac manicures from me as she would be doing it herself!!.....

Again bought the product from Ebay.............. but get this for £1.57 WTF!!!!........yeah whatever!!!!

Anyways she asked me whether I had ever used salon geek and in her words said 'well ive found this site that tells me exactly how I need to use it and answers any issues you have with it so I know Ill be fine with doing it'...............and then proceeded to tell me that she thought I was applying it wrong as she had read on Salon Geek I shouldnt be (her words)...'Doing the edge like I do' .......I love the termonology of those with erm expertise...Not!!!!!!

My response..................*?!!****!!!!????*****......sorry just too rude to repeat lol...............

x
OMG!!!! Did you just walk out??. Actually, this highlights how easy it is for non professionals to access all the professional advice on here.......

I cant get over the audacity of some people, if you were gonna do that surely you would just keep your mouth shut and watch and learn quietly!!, how rude!!

You gotta be kidding me! Get the f**k outta here! No seriously, you need to get the f**k outta here! I made her leave! I spoke with the Salon Owner and he's banned her from the Nail Spa.

Serious cheek, actually paying for your service just so she can do it herself! You've gotta look at the bright side: she PAID you and yet still gets it wrong! Don't worry, she's nothing to worry about!

My only reaction: :0 :0 :0 :0 what an idiot, I would have said the same thing lol bless you no one should have to be subjected to such ignorance!

You should have said the reason it keeps chipping is because u haven't thinned it with acetone, and told her its a common problem, u cud have been really helpful and topped her bottles up, gave them a good shake and said that shud be fine now and easier to apply! Ha ha

haha i love this!!!
i had one of my clients ask me to go round and do a spray tan for her so she could watch cus she wanted to start up a spray tanning business??? i said she needed to do a course to get insurance and she said ''oh ok, well where did you get your leaflets printed, there amazing' and i said i designed them myself and printed them off, and she goes 'can you send me the template please? i'm not good on computers' haha ummm no! some people are complete jokers, it annoys me that people think its so easy, i learnt gels and acrylics last year and i hate doing them because i find it sooo hard, i'd love anything to be able to do them properly and then you get people like that who just buy the kit off ebay and go around doing them without qualifications...

haha i love this!!!
i had one of my clients ask me to go round and do a spray tan for her so she could watch cus she wanted to start up a spray tanning business??? i said she needed to do a course to get insurance and she said ''oh ok, well where did you get your leaflets printed, there amazing' and i said i designed them myself and printed them off, and she goes 'can you send me the template please? i'm not good on computers' haha ummm no! some people are complete jokers, it annoys me that people think its so easy, i learnt gels and acrylics last year and i hate doing them because i find it sooo hard, i'd love anything to be able to do them properly and then you get people like that who just buy the kit off ebay and go around doing them without qualifications...

I can't believe people can be so up front?
I'm not saying it's right in anyway (obviously) but you'd think people would be bit more clever? x

I can't believe people can be so up front?
I'm not saying it's right in anyway (obviously) but you'd think people would be bit more clever? x

i would never dream of it lol, i've had people ask me to send them my leaflets so they can 'tweek' them, send my flyers, do a website for them (for free!)... people think i'm their very own personal slave :eek:

i would never dream of it lol, i've had people ask me to send them my leaflets so they can 'tweek' them, send my flyers, do a website for them (for free!)... people think i'm their very own personal slave :eek:

I'd go mental if somebody had the cheek to say that to me!!
They'd never ask anybody ever again haha x
What do you say to them? x

I'd go mental if somebody had the cheek to say that to me!!
They'd never ask anybody ever again haha x
What do you say to them? x

lol well with website i just say mine took days and days of constant hours at the computer and i did it to my own taste and i wouldnt want to try and do one for someone else, and i make a point of saying if i ever made a website again i want to be paid hundreds to make it worth my while ha! with my leaflets i just laugh and say 'yeh i wasnt very good at computers but i self taught myself' and then just leave it :lol: x

lol well with website i just say mine took days and days of constant hours at the computer and i did it to my own taste and i wouldnt want to try and do one for someone else, and i make a point of saying if i ever made a website again i want to be paid hundreds to make it worth my while ha! with my leaflets i just laugh and say 'yeh i wasnt very good at computers but i self taught myself' and then just leave it :lol: x

Good idea if someones willing to pay me a couple hundred for a website I would consider it haha x

Good idea if someones willing to pay me a couple hundred for a website I would consider it haha x

haha def! although i'm not good at doing stuff other people like, only stuff i like, thats why i dont offer make up at the moment because i'd just want to do what i thought looked good and if i didnt then i wouldnt be happy with it. so i'd do a million websites that were identical to mine lol x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondgirl

My response..................*?!!****!!!!????*****... ...sorry just too rude to repeat lol...............

x

OMG!!!! Did you just walk out??. Actually, this highlights how easy it is for non professionals to access all the professional advice on here.......

No didnt walk out remained professional until she told me that I should go on Salon Geek as I could learn a lot!!!!!!.........it was at that point that the language started to flow very easily!!!!!!! LOL.......

I know how fab SG is thats why I use it but to hear that I SHOULD USE IT from a non professional was quite insulting and yes you are right it definately highlights how easy it is for non professionals to access professional advice on here and then try and portray themselves as Professionals AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
X

If she is going to take the mic out of you..i would of taken the mic right back and said...
"well yeah i can show you how to do it....but its £450 for one hours training with me"
I would of been absolutely raging!!!

I love this, I have this from a few clients, & friends asking loads of questions & saying "I must get you to to do my nails so you can show me where I am going wrong when I do my own" also bought from????

I shall now say it is £ 450 per hour for the training:lol::lol::lol:

I would be so mad i dont know what i would do we work so hard at what we do constantly train and study and then some people have the cheek to say and do those things.

I must say though i love the fact that the woman who goes on SG is probably reading all these comments right now. :)

I would be so mad i dont know what i would do we work so hard at what we do constantly train and study and then some people have the cheek to say and do those things.

I must say though i love the fact that the woman who goes on SG is probably reading all these comments right now. :)

Exactly what I thought lol!
I hope all the non pro's read this thread!!
Doubt they will though... Or if they did doubt they'd take notice!! x

Latest posts

Back