You Gotta Be Kidding Me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to happen as it's been deleted and locked already!

I posted it as it was suggested by another Mod to do a separate thread to see other people's responses.

Ah well...

With regards to non professionals being able to access this site, I would be more than happy to either pay a small yearly joining fee, where you have to complete areas of your interest & training. Or perhaps even just make the joining a bit harder? like answering a couple of questions on techniques etc?
QUOTE]

I dont think the question thing would work as people can google the questions to get the answers, I think the way forward would be scanning certificates, giving insurance membership numbers etc x

Going to do a separate thread for this, to see what the response is.
Sorry to hijack the OP thread. :hug: x
Sorry Lisa, just seen this, I spent so long replying to your other post I didnt know you posted the above - great idea! x

1. Your boss has to be one of the best in the whole industry I love that he/she is sticking up for you as I can't stand "the client is ALWAYS right"
As clearly (this post proves it) it isn't always true!

2. I hate that people think this jobs so easy too!
I left school 2 years ago and really wanted to get into beauty but my dad was saying too many people in my area go on to do it and it's a hard industry to get I to so I chose against it but always wanted to do it!
So long story short I did it! It's been very very hard as I so wish I'd gone straight from school but hey ho!
And now I see people from school and they go "oh what a random thing to get into did you just wake up one morning and think I'll do this"
As if I woke up, brought my kits and started charging clients straight away?!
Drives me mental!
Especially as I work so hard and still have not earnt back what it cost me to start up! x

My boss is awesome and is a man. He says he works for us...the service providers. There is one part of his return email I left out...the most important part I feel I must share and cannot believe I left out.

I quote him, "Madam, I do not feel obliged to extend you the courtesy, not the "right" as you so stated, to return to Divine Designs so that you may pilfer the knowledge and expertise of my team for your personal gain."

I put in bold the last part because I think that hits at the heart of the matter, don't you?

He's freakin' awesome.

He sounds lovely!
Why can't we all have a boss like that aye!
And I keep re reading his email and still laughing!
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she reads that!

Expecting apologies (and probably free treatments) and instead being told how it is! Haha x

But not to ignore the issues brought up in this thread about non-professionals gaining knowledge from this site, is there a way to prevent non-professionals from gaining access to this site other than the consumer queries area? Perhaps by entering licensing information? But can we really keep non-pros out of here? They're going to find the info out anyway. There's youtube. They're getting the products somehow.

He sounds lovely!
Why can't we all have a boss like that aye!
And I keep re reading his email and still laughing!
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she reads that!

Expecting apologies (and probably free treatments) and instead being told how it is! Haha x

I know, right? I'm sure she expected my owner to make me CRAWL on hands and knees begging and apologizing and doing her nails for free for life. :rolleyes: I think that's what people expect from a 5-star salon/spa, that THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

My owner said he feels this was "theft of knowledge." I like that phrase.

Great phrase!
"oh can you show me how to blah blah blah"
"ahh that would be theft of knowledge!"
Great one!

And would be good if you had to scan cert's to be a member but I don't think that's poss :( x

Ive been reading this thread since it started & cannot believe some people. I'm currently a non-pro but have found this site very helpful, it's so annoying that people think that reading things on here than can achieve anywhere near the standard the pros do. Since joining I've booked my spray tanning course with nouvantan (thanks to the recommendations) but under no circumstances would I even attempt to do a tan without having the correct knowledge, insurance & confidence. I still would happily pay a fee for this site :)

Ive been reading this thread since it started & cannot believe some people. I'm currently a non-pro but have found this site very helpful, it's so annoying that people think that reading things on here than can achieve anywhere near the standard the pros do. Since joining I've booked my spray tanning course with nouvantan (thanks to the recommendations) but under no circumstances would I even attempt to do a tan without having the correct knowledge, insurance & confidence. I still would happily pay a fee for this site :)

I feel stupid now!
A fee would make more sence than scanning cert's haha x
And yes I joined before I trained because I came across SG while trying to find best courses/equipment x

It's a great site just a shame people take advantage :) x

As (Catherine Tate's) Nan would say "what a faaaaaaaaacking liberty!"

x

Don't have to Google it..I love her! We have a little thing over here called BBC America.

Am I bovvered?

OUCH! I would have wanted to slap her! that's what I don't like about Shellac the idea of it being in a Bottle makes it look easier than it is! People screw their nails up by doing them at home if they aren't trained Professionals.

OUCH! I would have wanted to slap her! that's what I don't like about Shellac the idea of it being in a Bottle makes it look easier than it is! People screw their nails up by doing them at home if they aren't trained Professionals.
I know, I use YN ManiQ and my initial concern was that being in a bottle made it look (in the clients eyes) just like a glorified nail polish and anyone could do it. I find myself sitting there telling people it is a true gel NOTHING like a polish............

I know, I use YN ManiQ and my initial concern was that being in a bottle made it look (in the clients eyes) just like a glorified nail polish and anyone could do it. I find myself sitting there telling people it is a true gel NOTHING like a polish............

The thing I love best about Shellac is that is IS in a bottle. I really don't care how the client perceives it other than that because it is in a bottle it is more like polish than gel and my Shellac clients definitely don't want gel but the do want a power polish that lasts as long as gel and that is what they have in Shellac. No bulk, no nail buffing etc and I really don't have to explain as they can see, and feel, the difference as soon as they leave the chair. :green:

Hey all,
This really makes me soo mad!! Argh! I have had exactly the same with one client! She is buying minx off AMAZON!!! And using a hairdryer on them!!

Has she been watching you apply them so now she thinks she's qualified to do them on herself? As petty as it sounds, I hope it's a dismal failure for her.

Erm I can barely paint my own nails on my right hand, being right handed and all...how people think they can shellac their nails is beyond me. Bottles actually make it harder, I can gel my right hand with my gel brush much easier than polish with a polish brush :)
Maybe I'm just weird.

I'm reading this thread and then looking at my right hand, which has Hollywood Shellac on it. Now I'm a nail professional, and have Shellac training, and I'm still not happy, how could anyone else be?

It's not all about the products; just because someone has a mask and latex gloves are they a surgeon?

Back