You Gotta Be Kidding Me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8nailz

Reaction score
Okay Fellow Geeks. Today, one of my regular Shellac clients, who hasn't been in for several months, came in for a Shellac manicure. She brought with her several bottles of Shellac. I was wondering where she got them because I know she's not a licensed nail professional. Anyway, she wanted to know if the bottles were "real Shellac." I compared them to mine and yes, they appeared to be genuine. She told me she bought the Shellac system on eBay complete with the CND lamp...no license required. That's not the worst of it.

She told me she decided to buy the Shellac system after watching me do Shellac on her so many times - she thought it looked easy. She figured she could "earn some extra money" doing it on her friends as well as save money doing it on herself. Here's the real insult: You know why she came in for her Shellac manicure today? Apparently she's not applying the Shellac correctly because it's chipping and peeling within days. Her friends are pissed and want their money back, so she wanted to watch me apply it so she could figure out what she was doing wrong. What?!

You gotta be kidding me! Get the f**k outta here! No seriously, you need to get the f**k outta here! I made her leave! I spoke with the Salon Owner and he's banned her from the Nail Spa.

Duuuuuuude! Wtf is wrong with people! She has some effing nerve!!! I would have done the same thing girl!

OMG gr8nailz...what a nerve she has. :eek:

I'm so glad the witch (with a capital B) is banned.

Huge Kudos to you!!!

You defo did the right thing.

How dare she!!!! What a cow.

Now, we just need to find out what seller on Fleabay sold it and report them.

If she is going to take the mic out of you..i would of taken the mic right back and said...
"well yeah i can show you how to do it....but its £450 for one hours training with me"
I would of been absolutely raging!!!

As they say here ... Chapeaux !! In English it would mean "hats off to you!". Who do people think they are.

I do like the idea from Louise of throwing that one in there too! :hug:

Wow... some people have a nerve and a half don't they? :eek:

I've had a few "clients" in my time asking question after question about what I'm doing step by step and whilst I know a lot of clients are curious about what we do, I always know the ones that are just there to spy and get a bit of training.

I think I'll be using Louise's line from now on!

Fair play to you for asking her to leave... I honestly don't know what I'd had done in that situation.

Some people.... arrrhhh :smack:

If she is going to take the mic out of you..i would of taken the mic right back and said...
"well yeah i can show you how to do it....but its £450 for one hours training with me"
I would of been absolutely raging!!!

Def will be using that one in future Louise.:)

Well done to you! Can't believe the nerve of your client! Rhiannon x

I hate eBay .... It affects us Pro's If regular people can get hold of professional stuff...
But WELL DONE TO YOU!!

ha ha she must have some balls to do that, hats off for trying but sorry she peed you off at the same time. It's like my industry, there's a growing number of people buying fillers and botox from the internet and injecting who knows what into themselves just to try to save money. Go for broke if you want to damage yourself just to save a few pound x

good god.. thats such an insult, well done you for getting rid of her.. !! I would be fuming...

Sarah x

You should have said the reason it keeps chipping is because u haven't thinned it with acetone, and told her its a common problem, u cud have been really helpful and topped her bottles up, gave them a good shake and said that shud be fine now and easier to apply! Ha ha

You should have said the reason it keeps chipping is because u haven't thinned it with acetone, and told her its a common problem, u cud have been really helpful and topped her bottles up, gave them a good shake and said that shud be fine now and easier to apply! Ha ha

LOL.. ouch ..

I dont use Shellac at the moment, am using Gelish though.. am just waiting for the day it happens with that.. there is alot of it about on ebay and other unauthorised supplier sites..

there is a thread though in the consumer section from a non prof regarding a shellac french diy did wonder if it was the same person lol.. but not

Sarah x

Would've loved to be a fly on the wall when you showed her the door!

As (Catherine Tate's) Nan would say "what a faaaaaaaaacking liberty!"

You'll have to google it! x

Brilliant x

My co-worker called me this morning to see if the flames had stopped shooting out of the top of my head. LOL

My co-worker also corrected me on something I posted in my original rant - the client actually purchased the Shellac on CRAIGS LIST from a home based salon that was going out of business. To me that's worse because a nail professional apparently sold it to a non licensed individual. That's just plain sad because she or he knows better.

On the lighter side, my owner didn't fire me for telling a client to get the f**k out of his salon. LOL

Thanks for your support!

I have a client who has been getting mighty interested in how I do her ManiQ manicure. She even said she went on Young Nails website and looked up all the prices of the stuff I use on her!!!. I'm just waiting for the day she announces she's going to start doing her own nails so maybe I'll take Fairydusts' suggestion and start dropping "tips" into the conversation about how many acetone parts you need to mix ManiQ with. Anything else I could drop in??........:)xxxxxx

Good idea. I might just start doing the same..."Oh, you want a helpful tip for Shellac? A few drops of acetone in your Shellac makes it work beautifully...seriously as soon as you get your supply, open EVERY bottle and put several drops in each bottle and shake it up real well and don't forget to add extra acetone to your top and base."..bitch.

Latest posts

Back