You know you are officially "middle-aged" when...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have so much to contribute on this subject! I'm not going to do it, but recently I was seriously considering giving up my Audi cabriolet for a Skoda Fabia... until one of my friends said, 'seems like a nice car... for going to collect your pension.' :eek:

When you go out for a sunday afternoon drive in the country.

This is particularly sad --- I really would but the petrol prices put me off!!

This is particularly sad --- I really would but the petrol prices put me off!!

:biggrin:I know, isnt it.We didn't realise what we had done until we got back.We wont be doing it again anytime soon i can assure you.We didnt wear tweed hats though.

Pmsl!! I agree with you on this one, also a sign is when your daughter aged 10 states to stop singing at the bus stop because she was embarrassed by me!!

Sue x

Yes, I know exactly what you mean - there we were on Saturday, bimbling around a shop & I was singing along with the music & quite enjoying myself & she said - Mum! Please stop singing, you're embarassing me!

Aaargh I'm 23 and I'm agreeing with you all!

I usually chose the sofa instead of the pub
I have to keep a list on the fridge because i forget everything
I have a trolley token (My mum gave me it does that count?)
I wouldn't dream of walking on the kitchen floor without my slippers on
I would never go out with wet hair for fear of catching my death
I read the news and think ' young ones these days'

The only thing that redeems me is my love of stilletto's but when you think you'll never walk again after an accident and your hubby promises you Jimmy Choos if you prove the doctors wrong. I wear them all the time now just because I can (don't tell my physion though, he recommended Clarks!)

I have so much to contribute on this subject! I'm not going to do it, but recently I was seriously considering giving up my Audi cabriolet for a Skoda Fabia... until one of my friends said, 'seems like a nice car... for going to collect your pension.' :eek:

pmsl :lol:

I did the opposite. Got rid of my Micra and got a BMW. I've put it down to a midlife crisis.

Someone on the bus/train younger than you offers you their seat :irked::irked:

Oh dear,

Sitting on the edge of the bed to put your nicks on (sensible comfy ones)

Facing the fact that you'll never wear a boob tube again

Realising it is too late to take up ice skating

Accepting that your face and hands need ironing

Realising long hair is going to make you look like a bag lady

Knowing the words to every Beatles song

Shall I go on..................

hi ya, i totally agree with you all and im only 24(25in a few weeks)
but i got 2 small children is that a good enough excuse?:biggrin:

can someone please tell me what a trolley token is, at least I think that's what you guys called it.

You know when your getting on a little when you turn up at the bus stop with 2 odd shoes on, dilemma go home and change and turn up late for work or kid on you haven't noticed and get on the bus. :o

can someone please tell me what a trolley token is, at least I think that's what you guys called it.

:o
:Look_righYou buy a disc on a keyring that fits all supermarket trolleys, when you finish shopping you clip the disc back onto the keyring. It means you never have to worry about having a £1 coin as the token substitutes it.:Look_left

Latest posts

Back