Your opinions: Mother gives 8 year old Botox.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baggybear

Reaction score
It's child abuse; no more, no less.

Oh my god I am in shock!! I can't believe this. That is a form of child abuse surely!
Absolutely disgusting xx

Utterly disgusting! How dare she. Yes, abuse is about right.

this will be a one sided discussion as I think we are all sane and this mother obviously isn't!

Should really have said I think it is so wrong.

I'm gobsmacked she is so open about it all - to go on TV and say it's the done thing in kids pagents is mad.

I can not believe she gets away with it.

There is 15 year olds getting semi permanent make-up in the UK.

To me, that's really not on! Botox is what I'd consider to be a "hard core" paramedical treatment - unless it's explicitly prescribed by a doctor for valid medical reasons, I don't think it should be allowed to be given to anyone who is under the age of 18!

Injecting it for what I'd consider "frivolous" reasons and causing the poor girl pain in the process *is* child abuse as far as I'm concerned, as other people have already suggested.

A completely different kettle of fish to say a 10 or 11 year old who explicitly asks for a waxing treatment because they're bullied in school for being hirsute because of early onset of puberty or whatever.

Not sure if anyone else would agree but this sounds like (not read the article) like an extension of munchausens by proxy?

Not sure if anyone else would agree but this sounds like (not read the article) like an extension of munchausens by proxy?

She does it because her daughter goes to childrens beauty pagents.

She wants shooting!

If I'm right this girl was on This Morning and she also gets lip fillers x

Don't think you a far wrong there. Isn't there an age limit on injectable fillers? X

If I'm right this girl was on This Morning and she also gets lip fillers x

She was on Good Morning America as she is British but now lives in the USA so could have traveled back to UK to do this Morning.

OH my life.. !!!!!!!!!!! This is awful..

I have known and seen children taken by social services for a hell of alot less..

makes me mad how soem parents get away with this sort of thing .. :O(

I've also heard of her before it's freaking crazy!
WHY!? What 8 year old would need botox for crying out loud!? x

There is 15 year olds getting semi permanent make-up in the UK.

I think that's slightly different as like that could be for eyebrows because they're blonde and don't wana have to tint every few weeks. Still think it's completely wrong but I can see there could be a need for that.

As for Botox on anyone under 30 I think it's totally pointless and abusive. That mother is a complete nut job. I've heard of mothers going to extremes for pageants but this is just something else!

This is child abuse and I cannot believe it is allowed! the woman should have the child taken away from her and should be locked up or sterilised!

how come nobody has stepped in and stopped her? i don't understand? if i was sticking needles into my children, forget injecting them with god knows what (how trusted is this person who is providing her with botox??), but just pricking them with needles then i can garuntee if my sons school teacher found out or their dr that something would be said (and far worse!!) :\ it's no different surely?

i think when it comes to kids in pageants the hardcore mums just seem to lose all common sense... it always seems to be more about the mums than the kids :\ x

Back