Your skincare routine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
For the first time in my life I have embarked on a regular skin care routine to actually look after it. And to become the advertising and my own best customer for the products I wish to use (Environ).

So as professionals we regularly advise clients routines and products to use. What what about you? What do you do? Mine is below:

Morning:
Cleanse (Sebuwash)
Shave (Men-U Shave Cream)
Toner (Sebutone)
Moisturise (AVST1)
SPF (RAD)

Night:
Cleanse (Sebuwash)
Toner (Sebutone)
Moisturise (AVST1)

Mat

Yey go you! I find it almost impossibe to get a man to stick to a routine.

My routine is:

morning:
cleanse (x2)
tone
moisturise
primer
then I apply makeup

evening:
cleanse to remove makeup
cleanse again
tone
moisturise

I exfoliate twice a week and use a face mask once a week. I use simple at the min, might try something professional soon, but for now my skin is quite good :)

You might wish to add an exfoliator; although shaving has this effect (a) you presumably don't shave ALL over your face (!) (b) exfoliating will help to lift any ingrown hairs. Soon you will love your skincare so much you'll wonder how you lived without it!

i use all clinique 3step anti bac. i have read on here that clinique is bad for your skin but *shrug* i like it and to be honest i wouldn't know what else to use if i had to choose another brand.

morning
cleanser
toner
moisturiser
pore minimiser

if i am going out i put an spf on then make up on, which surprise surprise is also clinique make up.

night
cleanser
toner
moisturiser

i will use the clinique mask like once a week or once every 2 weeks.

x

totally natural/organic for me::)

Night:

I cleanse with a mixture of aloe vera/jojoba mixed together.
Spritz with rosewater
Face massage with pure Argan Oil (also used for taking off mascara)

Morning:

Organic face wash
Spritz with rosewater
Organic lavender/geranium moisturiser

Natural exfoliator twice a week
Natural face mask about once a fortnight.

That's it

good for you and hope you start to see a difference,
my skin is grotty at the minute so i need to get my routine ship shape,
full of a blooming cold so it is showing in skin and having a hormonal breakout at the same time.... couldn't get any worse really could it!!!! lol
After reading your post i am going to start tonight......
Nicola x

you lot are so dedicated! ha ha as a mother of 3 kids under 3 im lucky if i get a quick scrub with a bar of soap (whatevers on offer in the supermarket)!

However, when i do find the time i use YonKa products

Gel Nettoyant cleanser
Lotion PS toner
Soap and glory "the greatest scrub of all" (twice a week)
Elastin Jour for day cream and elastin nuit at night
Alpha Contour eye and lip cream

I feel guilty using a product available from Boots but I use La Roche Posay.

Morning
Face wash
moisturiser

Evening
Double cleanse
tone dry bits with gentle toner
tone oily bits with stronger toner
eye cream
moisturiser

exfoliate 2 -3 times and mask once a week

you lot are so dedicated! ha ha as a mother of 3 kids under 3 im lucky if i get a quick scrub with a bar of soap (whatevers on offer in the supermarket)!

However, when i do find the time i use YonKa products

Gel Nettoyant cleanser
Lotion PS toner
Elastin Jour for day cream and elastin nuit at night
Alpha Contour eye and lip cream

3 kids under 3?! wow. just wow. lol! :D x

Ooh I love Soap n Glory! The exfoliater I once used was called Scrub Your Nose In It. It was 2 in 1 exfoliator and mask, I was going through a bit of an oily phase lol, and it worked miracles on my comedones! :)

I must admit that my face gets wet in the shower and thats it unless I am having a very rare day when I have time for myself. Please note that my face is not dirty and I am very clean, just never had a good skincare routine, my mum does the same and luckly i have her geines and have very good skin. I have a two year old daughter and have promised myself that as soon shes is 13ish that I will encourage her to have a good routine and hopefully she will do better than me.

Annie x

Baby wipes mostly, if it's good and gentle enough for a babies delicate bits then it's good enough for me, oh and they're cheaper than facial wipes. I do use toner after them tho and moisturiser. I do happen to love Liz Earle stuff and Decleor stuff smells divine except I had a very bad allergic reaction and ended up on antibiotics for a week after splurging out on Decleor. I was absolutely gutted! :eek:

Mat, I notice you aren't using an eye product? Have you thought of using either the AVST Eye Gel or the C-Quence Eye Serum? You could utilise the Focus CIT with this too and look at introducing C-Boost? Exfoliator wise you could combine Sebutrol and AVST Hydrating Mask?

I've worked with and used many products over the years and I love Environ. I use -:

Jane Iredale Magic Mitt (am and pm)
Sebuwash (am and pm)
C-Boost (am and pm)
C-Quence Eye Serum (and Focus CIT at night)
AVST 2 (am and pm)
Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Foundation SPF 20
If I feel the need i'll exfoliate with Aquatrol and AVST Hydrating Mask

Love it!

p.s. Can I ask why you are using AVST 1 and not the men's moisturiser?

I've not also started using Sebutrol Pre-Cleanse, and the past day or so the difference in my neck is starting to be noticeable. My skincare routine used to be pretty much non-existent to now where I'm spending 15mins each morning doing it! Once I finish my first AVST1 I will move up to AVST2.

I'm also going to start using Sebumask weekly, and yes should really get an Eye Gel too. I'm just spreading the cost over two months!

Why not the men's moisturiser? My understanding is that Environ is about using a combination of products for the best results, and then stepping up through them to higher intensities as your skin adjusts. There is only one level of the Men's products.

That's not saying they are bad, just not what I was looking for. The men's product range is great for men who want a moisturiser, but not fussed about all the messing about with other products. They know they need to moisturise but they don't want to do much more then that.

I want to use the products to get the best most visible results from them. If people think my skin looks good they'll want to know why and what I use, you need to be your own best customer!

And so far I am *loving* Environ, and can't wait to get it in when I move my practice to the new house.

Mat

In the morning:
Decleor cleansing milk
Tonifying Lotion
Gel Prolagene
Aromessence Homme
Men's Moisturising Fluid
Expression De L'Age eye cream

In the evening:
Decleor men's exfoliating cleansing gel
Tonifying Lotion
Expression De L'Age Eye Cream
Balm Essential

Twice a week I use a mask, depending on what my skin needs, and I swap products through the seasons as well to suit what my skin's doing.

You don't even want to ask about my obsessive body care regime!!

Latest posts

Back