Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a couple of events on facebook starting 1st and 2nd June, 30 day abs challenge and 30 day weight loss challenge.

I've signed up to the abs challenge, I just need to retone, I've got lazy since I stopped Boxercise, I've still got tne upper body tone, just need to sort out the lower now

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hope I am allowed to give my opinion without anyone ranting that I am being rude... But that abs challenge includes am awful lot of sit ups, my PT was saying the other day that anything beyond a crunch is just using momentum and hip flexors- ie doing nothing for your abs. You are better of doing a bicycle crunch or toe reaches with an overhead extension in their place. Will work the lower abs and the obliques more effectively than a sit up which are awful for your back and neck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have one at home. Last time I went on it I ended up in hospital for 5 days. .. ha. It's now a dust collector.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

:O how in the world did you end up in hospital, due to a power plate?! I'm not sure I think much of them. Was fun to go on them for ten mins though ;)

Hope I am allowed to give my opinion without anyone ranting that I am being rude... But that abs challenge includes am awful lot of sit ups, my PT was saying the other day that anything beyond a crunch is just using momentum and hip flexors- ie doing nothing for your abs. You are better of doing a bicycle crunch or toe reaches with an overhead extension in their place. Will work the lower abs and the obliques more effectively than a sit up which are awful for your back and neck

It's true
When I was properly into my training a few years back ( when I had the time) I rarely did abs

Most people actually have a very good set of abs they are just hidden by a layer of fat, if you strip that fat off you will see the abs.
A good example I read was about young boys having great abs, u see 8 year old running around on hol - they don't work out but because their fat is so low they are exposed.

When u do exercises like dead lifts , squats even weights u engage your core this works your abs

I rarely do abs firstly cos I hate them and secondly no need to

No point having great abs if the fat on top of them is not stripped away for them to be seen.

It's true
When I was properly into my training a few years back ( when I had the time) I rarely did abs

Most people actually have a very good set of abs they are just hidden by a layer of fat, if you strip that fat off you will see the abs.
A good example I read was about young boys having great abs, u see 8 year old running around on hol - they don't work out but because their fat is so low they are exposed.

When u do exercises like dead lifts , squats even weights u engage your core this works your abs

I rarely do abs firstly cos I hate them and secondly no need to

No point having great abs if the fat on top of them is not stripped away for them to be seen.

6 packs are made in the kitchen, mine were made by carrot cake

Great advice from Zoe and nearlyme :) thankyou! Kettlesise is next on my class list in the next couple of weeks then. I really enjoy the dancier classes but I'm up for anything. My tummy is my problem area! I want a Jen Selter body (she's on Instagram) ;)

I'm on the ab challenge, day 16, I don't feel much has changed due to I can barely do the exercises, leg raises hurt my hip?! I thought as the days went on I'd get better :/ I'll finish the challenge though.

For what it's worth I completely agree re sit ups :)

Great advice from Zoe and nearlyme :) thankyou! Kettlesise is next on my class list in the next couple of weeks then. I really enjoy the dancier classes but I'm up for anything. My tummy is my problem area! I want a Jen Selter body (she's on Instagram) ;)

I'm on the ab challenge, day 16, I don't feel much has changed due to I can barely do the exercises, leg raises hurt my hip?! I thought as the days went on I'd get better :/ I'll finish the challenge though.

I wouldn't bother finishing it :) do a plank challenge instead. They work your whole core. Your core isn't just abs, it is lower back, hips, obliques. Bicycle crunches and plank variations are the only exercises that engage all these areas :)

The one thing I wish people would realise is sugar IS the enemy, you look at any "low-fat" product compared to the normal "full fat" version & the low one will have a hell of a lot more sugar than the other!!
The government are partly responsible for they way we think about good & bad food, a lot of the "low-fat is good" mentality, is because of the ridiculous campaign in the 70's I think it was, when some Burk decided fat was bad!
Protein is our friend as it's great to keep you feeling full, but also your body cannot store it! The body is a very clever machine it burns carbs (sugar) proteins & fats, in that order, it's simple science, you reduce the amount of carbs you are eating & you are effectively turning your body into a fat burning machine= weightloss!! You continue to eat a lot of high sugar/refined carb products (white bread, biscuits, crisps, cake, sweets etc)= weight gain.
Also I would just like to add something about low calorie diets, eg:-Cambridge/slim fast, your body goes into starvation mode because it is being deprived, once you start eating a few more calories, your body holds onto the extra calories & stores them, because the body doesn't know if you are going to deprive it again, this is why classic yo-yo dieters, inevitably put their weight back on that they have lost, & then some!!!
Ultimately, we all have to find what works for us, but for long term results, slow & sensible is the way!! HAPPY DIETING EVERONE!!! 🍴🍟🍔🍻🍕🍖
(I feel I'm in a position to comment on what works because I've lost over 3 stone & have kept it off for over 10 years)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't bother finishing it :) do a plank challenge instead. They work your whole core. Your core isn't just abs, it is lower back, hips, obliques. Bicycle crunches and plank variations are the only exercises that engage all these areas :)

Tbh I've adapted the challenge instead of the sit-ups I do a move a learnt in Pilates where you sit up and like rock back n forth with your arms out. I do the ab crunches and the planks right (love planks) with the leg raises I don't put my legs all the way down. I have to finish it or it will bug me hehe! I might do it more than once a day so it's done quicker!
I'm on the squat challenge too, day 21, this is good for core? I'm gonna start a plank challenge after. Will look into bicycle crunches.

I'm not on Facebook Khs. What does the abs challenge involve? I can manage sit ups.:)

It's sit up,.crunches, planking, squats each day you increase the quantities, day 4 rest, day 8 rest ans so on..I'll try and post the abs calender :) x

Ekkkkkk thank you for posting that, not rude in the slightest sweets, maybe I won't be doing that challenge lol

Tonic, please ignore my last quoted post to you lol

:O how in the world did you end up in hospital, due to a power plate?! I'm not sure I think much of them. Was fun to go on them for ten mins though ;)

I'm not 100% sure if it was the power plate that made it worse but I had a mild infection in my stomach which I didn't know about. I felt fine until I stepped on the plate, once I got off I felt so ill. A day later I ended up in hospital. I wonder if it shook the infection around. . (They say massage moves things around). It just sits in my garage these days. ..

I'm not 100% sure if it was the power plate that made it worse but I had a mild infection in my stomach which I didn't know about. I felt fine until I stepped on the plate, once I got off I felt so ill. A day later I ended up in hospital. I wonder if it shook the infection around. . (They say massage moves things around). It just sits in my garage these days. ..

That is really awful :( x

That is really awful :( x

The strangest part is to this day no one knows what it was. ..

Hey guys thought I'd start a thread for tips/secrets for weight loss! I've tried slimming world, weightwatchers, slimfast and most of the popular ones and not had huge luck, but I'm on a low fat diet now and have already lost 8 pounds in a week! It really seems to be working well :) any tips or tricks you guys have would be great to share to help everyone! 😀 xxx

Hi, I've done slim fast and I was really strict with it and lost two and a half stone. I've since put it back on just due to house moves and other life stuff. I'm due to go on juice plus,I'm starting their detox on monday and I'm including multi vitamins and I've thought about working acai berry tablets into it as I've heard some good things. I am off to diet groups and have talked to my dietician about a shake diet as I am not a breakfast/early lunch person and she said that shakes work for people like myself as not everyone can eat breakfast and because its calorie controlled its fine. I'm going to be joining a gym and I walk the dogs so I'm hoping to see a weight loss over the coming month. I found that taking multi vitamins diet or not help stave of any headaches or tiredness I felt during the day.

I love this thread as it would be nice to share experiences and tips with people. Not everyone will agree with diets such as slim fast or juice plus and think that its hype but its worked for me before so I'm hoping it'll work again ^_^

I looked at slim fast but the sugar levels were really high in the shakes and put me off them

I looked at slim fast but the sugar levels were really high in the shakes and put me off them

I never actually looked at that when doing it. Oops! But like I said, it worked. But there is other meal replacement diets out there :)

I started slim fast shakes Tuesday and have lost 3lb so far. I looked into juice plus and things but their too expensive for me at the moment. I find it easier as I'm less inclined to snack on the kids food :) x

I started slim fast shakes Tuesday and have lost 3lb so far. I looked into juice plus and things but their too expensive for me at the moment. I find it easier as I'm less inclined to snack on the kids food :) x

That's brilliant well done. Whst else have you been doing to lose that??

Nic x
hhtp://atfirstsightbeauty.simpl.com

Yeah there's about 5 spoons of sugar in each shake and I've read your better to have a protein shake and a vitamin made with milk instead

I've done slim fast and found it works really well and I also read that tesco's own slimfast shakes have less sugar in them

Latest posts

Back