Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've stuffed my face today; went to the cinema had a salted popcorn and coke . Then for something to eat had a milkshake, chips, honey glazed chicken and chocolate cake. I don't regret a thing lol although weigh in tomorrow so I might then lol.

I'm driving myself round the bend cos my scales! Iv lost around 2inches all over and my friends all keep saying wow you have lost loads of weight but my scales don't agree! I was 16.3 then down to 15.10 and then it fluctuates between 15.10 and 16.0 each time I go on. So I really have no clue how much I have lost. :(

I'm driving myself round the bend cos my scales! Iv lost around 2inches all over and my friends all keep saying wow you have lost loads of weight but my scales don't agree! I was 16.3 then down to 15.10 and then it fluctuates between 15.10 and 16.0 each time I go on. So I really have no clue how much I have lost. :(

Honestly Hun go off your measurements!!! Mine are exactly the same!!!! I was always 8 stone 9 then I stepped on last week and it jumped up to 9 stone!!! So I'd out 5lb on in a couolle of days!! 😐 then I went in the next day and it says i was 9 stone 2! Then back to 8 stone 12... So I've just given up now!! 😩😩

I don't think scales are very accurate

Hi sorry to but in here but you really can't weight yourself everyday and base your wight on the figure you see due to the fact that there are so many different reasons for weigh to fluctuate that no-one has any control over.

It is more accurate if you weigh yourself every day and then take the AVERAGE at the end of the week (and take THAT weekly number)… then you’ll have the most accurate figure you could possibly get. Doing it this way actually serves to eliminate the potential of daily weight fluctuations throwing things off.

I am 9 months pregnant at the moment and prior to pregnancy I was overweight BUT would never weigh myself everyday as it's just not an accurate method and it's very demoralising if you don't see the results you want to or should be after working hard.

I hope this helps as i know there is
Nothing worse than stepping on the scales and not seeing them going in the right direction.

Good luck. xxx

Chuck the bloody scales ladies! They are a stupid method of seeing progress! I am 10 and a half stone-5ft 4 and a size 10! My BMI is classes as overweight! But my body fat percentage is 18% which is very good!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Glutenfree is the way for me! Hard at first..... but when you understand it amazing how you feel! You don't need coffee or sugar for pick up!
Your body works faster at digesting so no bloated heavy feeling... As the gluten is like chewing gum to digest.
Sorry my spelling is appalling... Failed big time in school as was trying to study on a body that was slowly diein.... As I am a celiac and super allergic to gluten. My brain was running on a 5th of what I was eating. And the body.
Was soo hard to study :,,( would get angry as couldn't understand and give up! Now gluten free I've completely changed!
Recommended for children who struggle to learn and concentrate.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like Nail Karma today

Anyone wanting to lose weight but struggling to work out what you need, google 'IIFYM'.

It stands for 'If It Fits Your Macros', macros means macronutrients. It should take you to a IIFYM calculator where you put in your details, target weight, how much you exercise, how fast you want to lose weight etc & it will calculate the percentages of what type of food you need to eat & the amount needed per meal. It's great!

Glutenfree is the way for me! Hard at first..... but when you understand it amazing how you feel! You don't need coffee or sugar for pick up!
Your body works faster at digesting so no bloated heavy feeling... As the gluten is like chewing gum to digest.
Sorry my spelling is appalling... Failed big time in school as was trying to study on a body that was slowly diein.... As I am a celiac and super allergic to gluten. My brain was running on a 5th of what I was eating. And the body.
Was soo hard to study :,,( would get angry as couldn't understand and give up! Now gluten free I've completely changed!
Recommended for children who struggle to learn and concentrate.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like Nail Karma today

Im a massive advocate of eating GF, feel amazing without it. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone wanting to lose weight but struggling to work out what you need, google 'IIFYM'.

It stands for 'If It Fits Your Macros', macros means macronutrients. It should take you to a IIFYM calculator where you put in your details, target weight, how much you exercise, how fast you want to lose weight etc & it will calculate the percentages of what type of food you need to eat & the amount needed per meal. It's great!

Is it an app?? X

Nic x

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention I use myfitnesspal app for my phone and I allow it to count my steps aswell. And I drink atleast between 2-4 litres of water :)

I also started a blog today on my weightloss journey and have three followers already. Feel rather proud lol ^_^

I forgot to mention I use myfitnesspal app for my phone and I allow it to count my steps aswell. And I drink atleast between 2-4 litres of water :)

I also started a blog today on my weightloss journey and have three followers already. Feel rather proud lol ^_^

What's your blog name? Will give you a follow.

Scales are the worst thing any woman can do. I posted on here a few weeks ago about there's no real quick fixes. Diets are all fads that might work to start with then once you stop the weight comes back 10 fold. just to eat right and exercise to lose the weight.

What some may not realise is that although you are losing fat and weight you are actually gaining muscle size and tone, this makes them heavier meaning once you jump on the scales you may have "put on weight" but it's not bad weight. It's not fat, it's not water retention, it's muscle. This doesn't mean you're going to become a muscly body builder type either it just means healthier stronger muscles and shredding the fat.

The first thing anyone ever told me when I started going to the gym some 4 years ago now was NEVER use scales! they don't tell you what I've just said above they only show you an increase or decrease in a figure disregarding the fact that you're getting a nicely toned butt, defined abs, strong legs muscles and definition in your back and arms. All this will add weight without your actual size growing while you're shredding the fat.

x HelloSORRISO x

Just saw this today and I love it ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402046221.313745.jpg

Nic x

Last edited by a moderator:
Just this moment finished the squat challenge, 175 squats just now 😳 still a week left of the ab challenge which is getting really hard!

So my question is; I'd like to carry on doing squats daily, is it a good exercise and how many a day should I do? I struggle after about 30!

Just this moment finished the squat challenge, 175 squats just now 😳 still a week left of the ab challenge which is getting really hard!

So my question is; I'd like to carry on doing squats daily, is it a good exercise and how many a day should I do? I struggle after about 30!

Are you using any weights Hun ? Maybe add some weight into the squats. Look up weighted squats on YouTube I used to do them and burpes in the gym and I was dying lol but they are good for you xx

Are you using any weights Hun ? Maybe add some weight into the squats. Look up weighted squats on YouTube I used to do them and burpes in the gym and I was dying lol but they are good for you xx

Ah that's a good point! I am using 2kg dumbells as they are the only ones in the house, they are rubbish. They had a kettlebell DVD set on wowcher but I missed it! I don't need a gym or to change much of my diet but I do need to tone up. Does this take a long time? After my holiday I'm gonna look for some weights. Thank you

Ah that's a good point! I am using 2kg dumbells as they are the only ones in the house, they are rubbish. They had a kettlebell DVD set on wowcher but I missed it! I don't need a gym or to change much of my diet but I do need to tone up. Does this take a long time? After my holiday I'm gonna look for some weights. Thank you

Yeah I seen that. I don't think it would if you increased your weights little by little and built yourself up the way you have with this challenge. I'm sure you'll find a weight set and just go up when you feel like it's too easy :)

My plan is to hit work outs hard haha. I'm starting the 30 day shred, an challenge and squat then after I completed that I'm doing a T25 work out whilst I find a decent gym ^_^

Could I ask some advice from you fitness buffs?

I'd like to lose weight but mainly feel healthy. I am a hairdresser so on my feet a lot and regularly get sore muscles. I know that building up my weights will help that. But my main problem is I am getting very sore hips. It can come on after exercise (walking, biking or cross trainer) or sometimes just by itself. I want to be able to do something to make this happen less like some form of building the muscles at my hips to help support the joints. My mum has arthritis and I'm concerned I may be susceptible especially as I'm only 27. I have about two stone to lose which I know will help but I'm not morbidly obese so I don't think weight loss alone will help.

Also does anyone have any tips for joint health? My mum takes glucosamine which I'm going to get and I know fish is supposed to be good too. Any other tips?

Really enjoyed reading rveryones experiences.

Kimi

Yeah I seen that. I don't think it would if you increased your weights little by little and built yourself up the way you have with this challenge. I'm sure you'll find a weight set and just go up when you feel like it's too easy :)

My plan is to hit work outs hard haha. I'm starting the 30 day shred, an challenge and squat then after I completed that I'm doing a T25 work out whilst I find a decent gym ^_^

We will get there! I see a slight difference after the squat challenge. And I feel something with the ab (4 days left) but nothing significant. The ab is taking up so much time, I'm glad I've finished the squats n can concentrate on the abs now! I'll be doing the 30 day shred after my holiday, so will see you on the other thread ;)

On another note; anyone tried a toning belt and what do you think?

Latest posts

Back