Yucky feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShellDR

Reaction score
I was on the tram on my way home from work yesterday and there was this woman sat opposite me. She had flip flops on and had really gross feet. I'm talking big patches of dry skin on her heels and long yellowing toenails that were all ragged at the ends.
I bring this up because all I wanted to do was pin her down and give her a good pedicure.
While I'm on it it's not just feet. If I see anyone picking and chewing on their nails I want to give them a :smack:
Does anyone else ever have the urge to do that or is it just me?

Believe me, you are not alone:)

I will join the club as well :lol:

Funny my hubby is an construction engineer and keeps staring at the super markets roofs etc...explaining how is this done or should have been done...

An there is me who always catches peoples nails, either hand or feet...You should have seen me one day in Hennes&Mauritz cash register. She had a terrible set of nails on (or what was left of them). Most of them picked and destroyed. Could not stop staring at...and made me feel like :smack: her.

I suppose it comes with every kind of occupation:rolleyes:

I'd like to join in with this, just today my sister turned up for lunch and she sat the whole time nibbling her nails and all you could hear me is say "oi stop it" "I mean it stop it" I think my neighbours think I am a control freak lol

Sue :)

Totally agree... my friend bites her nails and likes to have a nibble at the skin around her nails too! She's been my model a few times for college and she's trying her best to stop. I did her a manicure a couple of nights ago and she's grown 3 nails on each hand succesfully... yeah! however, she's nibbled the other two on each hand even more!!!

Think it looks terrible....

Yes we all notice it because it is our job, so when we are out and about we always notice other peoples nails,
my partner is the worst, if he sees someone with bad finger nails or manky feet as he puts it, he gives them one of my business cards lol
i wouldn't mind but he is not a good advert, he works repairing car body's, so you can imagine how bad his nails are :lol:

Yes we all notice it because it is our job, so when we are out and about we always notice other peoples nails,
my partner is the worst, if he sees someone with bad finger nails or manky feet as he puts it, he gives them one of my business cards lol
i wouldn't mind but he is not a good advert, he works repairing car body's, so you can imagine how bad his nails are :lol:

LOL.. that's excellent! I'd be too scared to give someone a business card cos their nails looked bad.. they'd probably punch me or something. :lol:

I'm a hairdresser and I'm the same looking at hair, there is so much shoddy work out there, I'd be ashamed to send out clients the way some peoples hair looks, and you can always tell a home job, I s'pose nail geeks can tell if someone's done their own nails - it's gotta be the same !!:lol:

I'd like to join this club, because I have hard skin on my feet (well I dont but I would if I didnt maintain my feet), and when summer comes and the flip flops come out...I cant help but look and the state of some people's feet actually turn my stomach....blurgh...

you think that's bad - my other occupation is as a bra fitter!!! imagine walking round looking at women's boobs all day! they must think i bat for the other team! drives me mad seeing people wearing the wrong size bra though!!

unfortunately my boyfriend and stepdad use it as an opportunity to look at women's boobs (but only coz they're looking at the bras - yeah right!:smack:) !

also my stepdads always coming home from work telling me about women's nails he's seen on the train - the most common one is "she had far too much white and not enough pink" !!!

I do this, in all the professions I have worked within...

When I was a graphic designer, I used to point out what labels I'd designed, OR point out how companies could cut costs or improve quality (not to them, to whoever I was with)

When I was a barmaid, I used to collect the glasses and put them back on the bar on a night out, or used to say if a pint was poured incorrectly lol

I do find myself looking at peoples nails more than I used to now, and my family (mum, sister and boyfriend) have lovely nails, I don't let them leave the house with nasty nails!! My other sister goes to a salon to have her nails done, and they look awful after they are done, they are like a mile thick.

I do this but for driving... yeah, right.. like I'm the best driver in the world!!!

'they're in the wrong lane'... 'they're going too fast'... :lol:

I will join the club as well :lol:

Funny my hubby is an construction engineer and keeps staring at the super markets roofs etc...explaining how is this done or should have been done...

An there is me who always catches peoples nails, either hand or feet...You should have seen me one day in Hennes&Mauritz cash register. She had a terrible set of nails on (or what was left of them). Most of them picked and destroyed. Could not stop staring at...and made me feel like :smack: her.

I suppose it comes with every kind of occupation:rolleyes:

This is sooooo funny as mine does this too like I'm interested how M&S do their flooring or roofs for that matter Lol!!!!!

unfortunately my boyfriend and stepdad use it as an opportunity to look at women's boobs (but only coz they're looking at the bras - yeah right!) !

This is sooooo funny ha ha ha

:eek::eek::eek:
I can't help myself... I just have to look at peoples feet..
If they don't look after them.. (callused, long yellow toe nails) I actually feel quite ill!!

My husband says to me.. if they bother you, why do you look???

P.S. You would think that with Summer here.. People would want to have nice looking feet!! Do they think that other people don't notice??

I gave a customer in Boots a business card the other day; she had had acrylics taken off. VERY badly, and her poor hands looked shocking. She's booked for a manicure! I will give her a bottle of SolarOil FOC. Poor girl.

I love yucky feet with hard skin and crappy nails. The before and after is amazing.
I know.......I'm sick:)

I love yucky feet with hard skin and crappy nails. The before and after is amazing.
I know.......I'm sick:)

You know what I'm a bit the same... My friend let me practice pedicure on her feet last week. It took me forever because they hadn't been done for such a long time. I loved it.. I got so much practice in it was untrue... I am now an expert with a foot file and my cuticle nippers!

I'll join the sick club too... :)

you wouldn't have enjoyed the feet a had in today that belonged to a cross dressing man - the smell was so bad i thought i was gona pass out and they were gross.

i told him to get a docs letter first or see a chiropodist as i was more for cosmetic treatment :irked: x

Latest posts

Back