£1.89 Beauty Cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
A top beauty cream for £1.89?
Some people (and I sometimes wish I could be one of them!) will splurge an absolute fortune on pots of moisturiser to keep their skin wrinkle free. But reports in the papers today have revealed the latest innovation to hit the beauty market costs just £1.89 from Aldi.

Enter Siana Moisturising Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream, to give the product its full title. Its beaten Olay, Elemis and Helena Rubenstein to earn a reputation as one of the best anti-ageing products on the market.

Two thousand volunteers blind-tested the cream and voted it one of the best complexion smoothers, with some adding it looked like theyd had a facial and others thinking it must be expensive. Meanwhile, Womans Own has said of the cream: Beauty tongues are wagging because its so cheap and it really works.
Since word has spread, Aldi has gone from selling 290 jars a week at the beginning of the year to 20,000, with branches selling out across the UK.

The Aldi cream contains enzyme Q10, which is often found in more expensive beauty creams and which its claimed mimics the bodys ability to protect against premature ageing.

I got this a couple of weeks ago and its good

Yvonne

I have used this from time to time.
My friend who is a trained beautician, but no longer practises and uses Estee Lauder & Clarins thought it was a good quality when i rubbed a small amount into the back of her hand.

I'm going into town shortly, so I'll see if there's any left in my local aldi!

I was featured on 'The Reader Panel' in the December issue of Professional Beauty (no one noticed me though:cry:) and they sent me some Sothy's which is quite expensive I believe? But seems nice!

Went to mine this morning and guess what all gone :eek: But did manage to get the night cream :)

I have been using the lidl cream for ages now (similar price) and find it great.
It also has Q10.

Might regret telling you all, it may sell out (lol)!

I have used this from time to time.
My friend who is a trained beautician, but no longer practises and uses Estee Lauder & Clarins thought it was a good quality when i rubbed a small amount into the back of her hand.

I'm going into town shortly, so I'll see if there's any left in my local aldi!

I was featured on 'The Reader Panel' in the December issue of Professional Beauty (no one noticed me though:cry:) and they sent me some Sothy's which is quite expensive I believe? But seems nice!

I noticed! :hug:

I have used the cream from Aldi before and thought it was really nice and left my skin feeling lovely too, i also have there facial wipes too and they are just as good.

the cream is on Hotdeals website at the moment and people are saying that in a survey on loads of different face cream it came out top, here is the link hope it works.£1.89 one of the best beauty creams and sold at ALDI! - HotUKDeals Forum

:hug:

wow £1.89

Going to get some lol

I pay £35 for a pot of my moisturiser!

This sounds good, i bought the set from lidle cleanse/tone/moisturise cream.Does it matter then if used the clean tone moisturise of one brand then used aldi's day n night cream.I was thinking if you used all the same products you would get better results or does it not matter.We dont have aldi here only lidle thats why i bought there set as the cream as got q10 in it aswell.Thanks??

I,m a lidl girlie myself.. I am so glad to see you guys use it.. (don,t feel like a cheap skate now:lol:)

Moisturisers and skin care are fairly interesting from a pricing point of view. Some clients are driven solely by price. Others by brand experience and what that means to them. You can buy a £1.89 pot of cream that is probably just as good as a £15, £35 or £100 pot. But with the more expensive ones you are getting the packaging, the fussyness of the presentation, the brand, the aspiration to what it means. A lot of people don't really care for what all the names they make up for ingredients they want it beautifully packaged, in a luxurious box, from an expensive department store or spa where they get fussed over.

Mat

I must say I was curious about this product so I bought some so I could find out for myself what it was all about.

I tested it for a few days and I felt like the quality of it feels really week and runny so I stopped using it so couldnt comment on its long term effectiveness but it didnt feel good.

I've used a pot of this cream, & tbh I found it really over-perfumed, it left an unworkable greasy film on my face & brought me out in spots. woo-hoo :rolleyes:

Didnt like it, it didnt smooth my developing wrinkles either.

I tried it and felt like it made my skin dryer

I have been using this for a month now and i can honestly say that my lines around my mouth and nose have reduced - its great i love it and its only £1.89 brilliant. I use the night and the day. I have noticed that they do body lotion with Q10 in too , i think i might purchase :)

I personally wouldn't put anything that only cost that much on my face - bearing in mind the company & retailer are making a profit on it, I dread to think what kind of quality the ingredients are! Personally I like to invest in skincare, and we have to remember that when we buy from companies like Decleor, Dermalogica etc we aren't just paying for the product but for the cutting edge research they do that eventually trickles into high-street products as well as the company philosophy (such as how/where the ingredients are sourced etc).

Latest posts

Back