1.5 hours for full set, too long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gigi.

I know what you mean now.
I tried out Popits - it was a disaster, as I expected- but I can see what perfect structure should look like.
(especially U and C curves)

I understand why people say your "nail class" cover photo is so beautiful.

Thank you and hope to see you one day. X

Meg

Thank you!! I didn't use PopIts for those though!! I haven't lost it completely in the hand-made department. They were form sculpted. :hug:

LOL Gigi, I think Meg just means now that she knows exactly what a perfectly stuctured nail is, she can really appreciate your beautiful work xxx

:lol::lol::lol: I know you didn't use Popits for that!! I never thought of it!:lol::lol::lol:

Marioned, that's what I wanted say, thanks.

Meg

:lol::lol::lol: I know you didn't use Popits for that!! I never thought of it!:lol::lol::lol:

Marioned, that's what I wanted say, thanks.

Meg

Just having a little laugh with you, Meg, I wasn't serious. It was funny though , a few months ago I was chatting on line to some technician and she said ... , "Oh, I didn't know you could actually do nails by hand.!!" :eek: THAT made me laugh :lol:

I have never before had a client ask me to do nails in 30-40 mins so I will just keep doing as I have been as I have never been asked to do a service that would suit PopIts..

I don't know of any salons in my area (Perth, Aust.) that offer them.. I guess they are alot more popular in UK etc...? I've not seen them sold at my suppliers too...?

It takes me an hour and 15 mins to do a full set but I have to say depending on the client, it can sometimes take more or less time.
I'm absolutley mortified to say this, but I have no idea what popits are:rolleyes:
I've been a nail tech for six years now and never heard of them before so
can someone please fill me in?..

It takes me an hour and 15 mins to do a full set but I have to say depending on the client, it can sometimes take more or less time.
I'm absolutley mortified to say this, but I have no idea what popits are:rolleyes:
I've been a nail tech for six years now and never heard of them before so
can someone please fill me in?..

Here you are hunny,

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...s-answered-here-official-thread-popits-q.html

grab a coffee/tea/bottle of wine :wink2: cos it's very long, but will give you all the answers!

xx

I've been doing nails for 4 months now and it takes me 1.5hr to do a set of acrylic nails with a white tip and 2hr using a regular tip. I've never had a client complain, but all my clients know that I am a newbie. I'm a also a perfectionist and they know that I would never let them walk out of my home with a set of nails I wouldn't wear myself :lol:...
I went to school in the US and our instructor taught us to focus only on our technique. "Quality, not quantity" was her motto. She said with time, we would become more proficient and faster at our techique because we will become comfortable. I've also been told that it take 100 set of nails before you develope your own technique. I've done 16 new set and about 30 in-fills (wish I could do more :irked:)...
I know that in a NSS salon, they want to do as many set of nails as possible in one day, but I don't care about that. I want my clients to be happy and I want them to return to me. And when they remove their acrylic, I definitely don't want to see any "rings of fire" :eek:...

Hi, Lorena.

I like your instructor's motto - quality, not quantity.
I'm sure if I make really fab nails, they won't say anything about my timing.

By the way, all of them had "ring of fire" on their nails though.
Poor thing.....:cry:

Thanks a million Redsadie... I know all about popIts now :)

Quality not quantity is of course an old phrase used many times here on the site and it is the right attitude to have with handmade couture nail enhancements.

You still can't ignore the vast amount of women out there who want fast service PLUS quality (in fact many choose fast service without quality just because it is fast, and they put up with pain, unsanitary conditions and rings of fire just to get it!!). Giving these ones the choice by promoting and using PopIts for them is only a very smart business move on anyones behalf.

Hi, Lorena.

I like your instructor's motto - quality, not quantity.
I'm sure if I make really fab nails, they won't say anything about my timing.

By the way, all of them had "ring of fire" on their nails though.
Poor thing.....:cry:

I had a manicure client come to me about 2 months ago with rings of fire. I asked her if she had removed her acrylic set before coming to me, she answered "no" that she has never worn acrylic nails. I must have had a really confused look on my face :eek: because she asked "why do you ask me this?". Well, when I explain what rings of fire are and showed them on her nails, she went on to tell me that she has gone to an NSS salon about a month pass and they used a drill on her natural nails for filing!!! Can you believe this??? I just wanted to hug her :hug: and make her nails pretty again. She said she thought it was weird they were using a drill on her nails since she no one had ever done that to her before.
But no worries, she has been coming to me every 2 weeks since then...:)

Latest posts

Back