10 minute rule???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artsy Canadian

Reaction score
I'm hopeing the UK Geeks can enlighten me on what exactly the "10 minute rule" bill is you are trying to pass......

I'm curious....

i have no idea?????????????

Where have you heard about it?

Hi - there is a current thread about it from yesterday. I'm not sure how to link it into this one though...! It is titled Regulating nail salons 10 minute rule in parliament.

You'll have to do a search on it!

HTH :)

The other thread doesn't explain what it is though or am I being thick!? :eek:

LOL! No you aren't being thick.. I have re-read the other post and agree that it doesn't really say much. I know it is to do with banning MMA in the UK, or going someway to educating people about it. Sure there are other geeks out there that will set us completely straight.... :rolleyes:

Cool, I'm glad someone asked this question as when i read the other thread I thought I was missing something everyone knew about! :eek:

Dr Pyllis Starkey, MP for Milton Keynes, has taken a ten minute spot in Parliament to outline her proposals for a Bill to be introduced to ban MMA and introduce local regulation of nail salons.

This is really important for our Industry.

The reason why nothing has been done in the past about MMA and NSS is because not one complaint had been received by any MP about it.

This is a great opportunity for us grass roots technicians to present our MPs with evidence about this type of salon and it's our chance to be heard....hopefully with a positive outcome for the industry.

This link might help

Dr Phyllis Introduces Her Ten Minute Rule Bill - Nail Bars and Special Treatment Premises (Regulation) - in the House of Commons - 17.03.08

A Ten Minute Rule Bill is a type of Private Member's Bill where a backbench MP may give a speech lasting ten minutes in support of their proposal.

Hope this helps!

I'm hopeing the UK Geeks can enlighten me on what exactly the "10 minute rule" bill is you are trying to pass......

I'm curious....

I'm so glad you asked this! For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what the 'ten minute rule' was. I thought it had to something to do with hygiene or client consultation, not the type of bill. Couldn't make any sense of it!

This is really good news for us techs as we are always trying to get people to understand the dangers with mma. I really hope this is a big stepping stone for us to outline what is acceptable in our industry and ban a substance that has always given us a bad name.

Awesome!
However after reading Dr. Starkeys page, It states MMA is banned in the United States.....I don't know if it is banned in the states.....
I'm pretty sure it's banned here in Canada as well, but unfortunately not all provinces are regulated, like BC which just 5 years ago, DE-regulated our licencing board!!! It's a scary thing to hear about new nail shops opening, with people without proper training!!

A Ten Minute Rule Bill is a type of Private Member's Bill where a backbench MP may give a speech lasting ten minutes in support of their proposal.

Hope this helps!

Learn something new every day:hug:

Latest posts

Back