19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next lot will be released at pro beauty on the 24/25th February.
Some more will be released in the summer/autumn.

When can I get these colours are they available in the uk x

The 5 pastels are the end of next month. Next 4 sometime in summer and bottom 6 won't be until September time.

You can create a GORGEOUS yellow cream when u layer yellow additive over Studio White.

Takes seconds and a nice up charge. :)

You shouldn't have to charge extra for a basic colour like yellow though! Shellac colours are so far behind everyone else :(

I've never been asked for a yellow but I have got the additives so I know I could make one if necessary.
Any new colour is a bonus to me so to have 23 to look forward to is great.
The downside is that some of my clients already spend ages trying to decide on a colour as it is, so giving them more choice is asking for trouble ; )

You shouldn't have to charge extra for a basic colour like yellow though! Shellac colours are so far behind everyone else :(

You're not charging extra for a basic colour, your are charging extra for being prescriptive and using Additives... Tats SMART!!!

As for being far behind... Take another look and compare... Not far behind at all and coming up to 60+ colours... Come on...;)

I also prefer that Shellac doesn't have 100+ colours!! Less for me to buy. I can layer colour to create different hues.

Also if your just starting out and you want to buy the whole system it works out a lot cheaper to buy 50+ colours of CND Shellac than to buy 100+. I would have to have every colour I wouldn't be able to miss any out! And with CND Shellac there Isn't one colour that I think, ohh not really sure on that one, or what's the point In that colour!

I'm looking forward to the new colour. Not only to use them on there own but for more layering options!!

I've never been asked for a yellow but I have got the additives so I know I could make one if necessary.
Any new colour is a bonus to me so to have 23 to look forward to is great.
The downside is that some of my clients already spend ages trying to decide on a colour as it is, so giving them more choice is asking for trouble ; )

No kidding! I have a couple of clients who I only give three choices to when they sit down. Otherwise, and I'm not exaggerating, it would take them wayyyy longer than the soak of time. It's ridiculous. It's as if they're buying a car or a house for heavens sake...lol

I also prefer that Shellac doesn't have 100+ colours!! Less for me to buy. I can layer colour to create different hues.

Also if your just starting out and you want to buy the whole system it works out a lot cheaper to buy 50+ colours of CND Shellac than to buy 100+. I would have to have every colour I wouldn't be able to miss any out! And with CND Shellac there Isn't one colour that I think, ohh not really sure on that one, or what's the point In that colour!

I'm looking forward to the new colour. Not only to use them on there own but for more layering options!!

This is how I feel aswell. :)

You're not charging extra for a basic colour, your are charging extra for being prescriptive and using Additives... Tats SMART!!!

As for being far behind... Take another look and compare... Not far behind at all and coming up to 60+ colours... Come on...;)

All these new colours are going to fill our wall racks! Would you suggest buying a second one or is there something bigger in the pipeline? ;)

All these new colours are going to fill our wall racks! Would you suggest buying a second one or is there something bigger in the pipeline? ;)

I could do with something that is freestanding. Haven't got enough wall space for the wall rack and I've got too many colours for my spinning rack now x

Could do with something for us mobile therapists! Can't exactly carry a wall rack about lol x

Could do with something for us mobile therapists! Can't exactly carry a wall rack about lol x

Haha, laughing to myself with that image in my head!

I haven't read all the replies, so I apologise if I'm repeating anyone.

I would like to see more mid range colours. The shellac range has lots of very pale/transparent colours, and a great range of bolds/darks, but I find it lacking in the lighter colours, although I imagine the new pastel range will redress that balance.

Also, for those of you who want neons, if you do a coat of creme puff, then a coat of tutti frutti it makes the most amazingly bright neon pink :hug:

I found a case that all my shellac slot into,it's fab for when I go to a client as they can see the all easily.

Oops here is the pic it's 2 sided at moment have gellux in the other, I've used the inserts that the shellac comes in so they don't rattle to much, I just popped a couple of bottles in for you to see as normally there on their shelf in my salon room.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359385692.454093.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359385692.454093.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 6,591
Last edited:
Oops here is the pic it's 2 sided at moment have gellux in the other, I've used the inserts that the shellac comes in so they don't rattle to much, I justpoped couple in for yu to see as or silly there on their shelf in my salon room.

What a fantastic idea!! Taking the plastic packaging out the Shellac box and putting it in a carry case!!

I bought the wall rack and table top spinning rack as I thought at some point I'm going to run out of room on my wall rack so I will have the spinner and then the original strip stands that came out with the first every Shellac!

Oops here is the pic it's 2 sided at moment have gellux in the other, I've used the inserts that the shellac comes in so they don't rattle to much, I just popped a couple of bottles in for you to see as normally there on their shelf in my salon room.

That's brilliant! Where did you get it from? :)

Beauty Express sell the polish bottle clear cases.

www.nail-ific.co.uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I will hunt down the paper work of where I got it, it wasn't beauty express, tho case looks very similar.

I know other day I went to my local capital and they had some similar there too, not sure if the same but looked like it :)

My clients find it hard enough to choose from the colours I already have, what are they gonna be like with more decisions!

I think the shellac colours look different from pictures of the bottles to what they actually are on a colour pop or on actual nails so super excited for these colours!!!

Totally loving limeade!! We have our brights for summer and spring and darks for the winter. And then there's always the choice of Rockstar nails for glitter colours, everyone loved ruby ritz but just needed educated that they could also go for Rockstar nails. X

Latest posts

Back