19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say - it really irks me that there are no surprises... I have emailed CND about this.. we like to wait and tease before showing right through to the end of the year (however there are another 8 not showing)...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This irks me too, would much rather not know until say the month before then i can get all excited 4 times a year instead of just the once!

I am surprised by CND "letting the cat out of the bag"! I don't feel it's right... I would prefer to have the knowledge that four collections + limited's are being brought out this year as I like the guessing game. By showing us all, it feels that CND aren't listening to us, As they have these in production already. Of course I will be purchasing but am disappointed that "we know" :(

It's great news that Shellac are releasing new colors, even though it seems they are releasing them slowly, it just goes to show there is thought that goes into the process and they are just not huge vats of color put into any bottle....... like so many other gel-esque polishes available

I have to say - it really irks me that there are no surprises... I have emailed CND about this.. we like to wait and tease before showing right through to the end of the year (however there are another 8 not showing)...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Totally agree. Felt really disappointed when I saw that picture put up. I love the excitement of not knowing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm the opposite. I love finding out sooner. I was always raking for Christmas presents before Christmas, as a kid, though ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I like to know about upcoming stuff as it means I can plan/forecast upcoming costs and make decisions about the best way to spend the money I have in my business. I budget every penny and assign it to cateogries towards training/products/marketing/etc. With cnd I'm learning it's best to keep a float of cash ready for the next 'new' thing but you can make your money work harder if you know what that is, when it is coming and approx how much it will cost in advance.

I get plenty of excitement and joy from using cnd products and don't need to be drip feed surprises throughout the year. Personally I do enjoy itand love the excitment of new colours and product releases that but with my business cap on I can't see the benefit of keeping myself in the dark until the the launch is imminent.

Maybe salongeek could introduce a spoiler tag like they have in tv forums so that things like this could be hidden until s2/cnd officially announce them, then geeks have a choice.

I am surprised by CND "letting the cat out of the bag"! I don't feel it's right... I would prefer to have the knowledge that four collections + limited's are being brought out this year as I like the guessing game. By showing us all, it feels that CND aren't listening to us, As they have these in production already. Of course I will be purchasing but am disappointed that "we know" :(

CND didn't do anything.... it was a European distributor that let the 'cat out of the bag' - CND never do stuff like that:eek: crickey keeping what we are about to launch at THE Event up our sleeve has been hard enough... this is from an over eager distributor... and yeh it ****** me off!!!!!

As to production, when you are selling to 80 countries, you need to know what you are doing a YEAR before. I already know what is for Xmas 2013 and I knew in Dec 2012... you can't decide a few weeks before and then tell your global partners as this gives us no time to plan.

There are so many ramifications that go into being a manufacturer... no wonder Jim Nordstrom wanted to be with us in distribution as opposed to manufacturing :wink2:- its a BIG responsibility and it requires long lead times and a lot of planning to get it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with someone showing us the colours is that I want them NOW! where's the stamps feet smiley?

I like to know about upcoming stuff as it means I can plan/forecast upcoming costs and make decisions about the best way to spend the money I have in my business. I budget every penny and assign it to cateogries towards training/products/marketing/etc. With cnd I'm learning it's best to keep a float of cash ready for the next 'new' thing but you can make your money work harder if you know what that is, when it is coming and approx how much it will cost in advance.

I get plenty of excitement and joy from using cnd products and don't need to be drip feed surprises throughout the year. Personally I do enjoy itand love the excitment of new colours and product releases that but with my business cap on I can't see the benefit of keeping myself in the dark until the the launch is imminent.

Maybe salongeek could introduce a spoiler tag like they have in tv forums so that things like this could be hidden until s2/cnd officially announce them, then geeks have a choice.

I agree with you, I certainly benefitted for knowing what was to be released throughout the year. My budget and marketing has been drawn up for the year, allowing for incidentals of course!

Not entirely sure what the problem with fore warning is, other than 'the competition' and techs being disappointed that colours they perhaps had hoped were coming out, are now not!

I agree with you, I certainly benefitted for knowing what was to be released throughout the year. My budget and marketing has been drawn up for the year, allowing for incidentals of course!

Not entirely sure what the problem with fore warning is, other than 'the competition' and techs being disappointed that colours they perhaps had hoped were coming out, are now not!

Knowing that x amount of colours were to be released this year was enough for me and roughly when. But spoiling it by leaking the colours is a totally different thing. I don't feel that should have been leaked at all xx

I love knowing the colours for the year ahead. I'm not worried about surprises, i'm excited about what I can do with them! Mind you i'm rubbish at surprises, far to excitable and not very patient!

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

I'm living in Scotland at the moment but am home in Dublin for a few days & have seen some of the salons already have the new colours & additives?! I don't get them until the 26th in Scotland, is this normal some countries have them before others? Usually Ireland are backwards so I'm surprised they have something before uk??

When will the new colours be available to order form sweet squared please? X

Thank you i thought it was tues but seen they were available to order on mon from one of the centres. Didn't want to miss out thinking it was tues if it was going to be mon x

CND didn't do anything.... it was a European distributor that let the 'cat out of the bag' - CND never do stuff like that:eek: crickey keeping what we are about to launch at THE Event up our sleeve has been hard enough... this is from an over eager distributor... and yeh it ****** me off!!!!!

As to production, when you are selling to 80 countries, you need to know what you are doing a YEAR before. I already know what is for Xmas 2013 and I knew in Dec 2012... you can't decide a few weeks before and then tell your global partners as this gives us no time to plan.

There are so many ramifications that go into being a manufacturer... no wonder Jim Nordstrom wanted to be with us in distribution as opposed to manufacturing :wink2:- its a BIG responsibility and it requires long lead times and a lot of planning to get it right.

Mrs Geek, thanks for your reply. I wasn't getting at you, honest ;) I realise there are long lead times with manufacturing. I know how passionate you are on behalf of us, reading your interview in Vitality today. Just a shame other European distributors can't keep a lid on it eh?!!

Thank you i thought it was tues but seen they were available to order on mon from one of the centres. Didn't want to miss out thinking it was tues if it was going to be mon x

Not sure about sweet squared but I think they are available to purchase at professional beauty today and tomorrow.
You can order them from the centre in Edinburgh from tomorrow, but cant pick them up/actually get your hands on them until tue!

Just pre orderd the 5 new shellac colours & will be getting sent to the salon tomorrow!! So exciting, how sad lol!!

Latest posts

Back