19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eek exciting :)

What i love love LOVE about CND Shellac is that all the colours they bring out are timeless.. so they may well be on trend for the season however they'll still be wearable in a years time or whenever! No colours become redundant which means we get fantastic value for money and all our clients have sleek sophisticated nail colours to choose from.. fabulous! :)

I would prefer to buy a dedicated colour - a hundred of them - rather than layering to achieve different colours.

Just my personal preference.

So 19 is fab news for me.

I would rather too have dedicated colours. Not that layering isn't a good thing but how many colour pops will they make, need an extra carto Cary them round :)

they do do enamels but alot had been discontinued that matched shellac in name and colour

xx

Don't CND do enamels already? some of them even have the same name as matching shellac?

Ok, I think I AM going to spontaneously combust from all this excitement, it's just too much! I don't even care what colours they are!!!! :D :D :D :D

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe......

A different colour on every toe!!!!

Can't wait! :)

Don't CND do enamels already? some of them even have the same name as matching shellac?

The vintage 'creative enamels' did have names which matched some of the CND Shellac Colours. e.g. Strawberry smoothie, Neglige & Iced capuccino.

Then when CND brought out 'colours & effects' bizarrely many of these were discontinued but CND gave suggestions as to which two polishes (ie. a colour + effect) could be used to recreate them. This didn't go down too well though!

If you want to match a Shellac Colour there are some of the 'colour & effect enamels' with matching names such as silver chrome & asphalt, some which can be made by layering two colours + effects (e.g. hollywood = relay red + gold sparkle) and some which apparently match but have different names (e.g. Hotski to Tchotcke = Anchor Blue) All a bit of jumble really.

Added to that, many (if not all?) of the colour and effects have apparently been quietly discontinued over the past year with nothing officially announced to replace them....

Meanwhile unofficially there have been plenty of rumours and dropped hints that matched polishes will be happening this year, something which has been requested on this forum for yonks so everyone should be happy about!!

I know shellac is suppoesd to 'apply like polish, wear like gel' but in actually fact it goes on sooo much nicer than polish.
I would love if they brought out a range of enamels which 'go on like shellac and wear like polish' for ladies that like to be able to change their nails frequently at home with regular nail polish remover, or can't wear nail colour all the time due to their job.

@nicole333 that polish looks exactly like essies 'smokin hot' which i love, would love a shellac in this shade!

im with you on that i have enough glitter to create my own and you get a different effect with adding glitter anyway. Ive still got a box of ruby ritz and tinsel toast as at xmas clients went more for rockstar.

would love a nude, a new bright pink, a teal and a mulberry sort of colour x

Omg Souz I wish I'd known I would have bought it off you

Nineteen?! :eek: I'd better get saving then.

I would love, love, love a purple grey like this one that I found on the web. It reminds me of my favourite ever colour on myself, OPI Grape wall of China. It's no longer available, so it's all down to CND to make it happen now! :wink2:

Models+Own+-+Purple+Grey+005.jpg

Nicole333, I am wearing a colour very very close to this at the moment, and it's Shellac Rubble, with Shellac Neglage layered over the top! It looks nothing like you would imagine, and alot like your pic! (I did 2 x rubble so as to avoid streaks!) Give it a try!;)

Like the silver chrome, why not a gold chrome. I use the silver alot and I could have done with a good gold

Meanwhile unofficially there have been plenty of rumours and dropped hints that matched polishes will be happening this year, something which has been requested on this forum for yonks so everyone should be happy about!!

I know shellac is suppoesd to 'apply like polish, wear like gel' but in actually fact it goes on sooo much nicer than polish.
I would love if they brought out a range of enamels which 'go on like shellac and wear like polish' for ladies that like to be able to change their nails frequently at home with regular nail polish remover, or can't wear nail colour all the time due to their job.

omg... i'm really wondering which part of my post mrs geek was liking?!!

Just to clarify...
5 new for spring... Ads already underway and due in Feb at PB Excel.
4 for summer
6 for winter
4 limited editions for Xmas 2013

Now you know when they are due etc... Colours are already set and done... :hug:

Thanks Mrs Geek for that! Yep, I was right totally penniless !!!!

Nicole333, I am wearing a colour very very close to this at the moment, and it's Shellac Rubble, with Shellac Neglage layered over the top! It looks nothing like you would imagine, and alot like your pic! (I did 2 x rubble so as to avoid streaks!) Give it a try!;)

As soon as I got Rubble I popped Negligee over it. It's nice isn't it? Sadly it's not like my old OPI favourite though. I have some Gelish colours that I have been meaning to mix that may create it for myself. That's just reminded me to try it when I have some spare time. ;)

Did my shellac training yesterday. Ive been wanting to do it for ages now and it was so so worth it :) it exceeded my expectations because we were also shown how to do rockstar and use nail art foils. Ive always wanted to know that stuff but didnt expect to learn it yesterday so that was a lovely suprise! :) the tutor said my application was "beautiful" and this felt great because i spent far too long in the past thinking that i couldnt even paint a nail (practice wins!)

Anyways....im all fired up now and wanting to add to my shellac colours. My wish list is zillionaire, blackpool, a nice deep purple but ive yet to decide which, hotski totschi, a nice deep blue and from the new collection i want azure wish and limeade. They look so niiiiiiiccce! Ive always wanted tutti fruity and thats the colour i chose for my kit :)

What is on your shellac colour wish list? Dont say everything because thats cheating :p

Ooh and i want more foils and glitters too, especially neon glitters :)

Last edited by a moderator:
From the new spring collection I want the blue, green and purple (and the Gelish teal and orange).

Im really tempted by the new purple too. I think those three are the most prominant of the new collection.

All we need now is a yellow and some neons :)

I like the pinky colours in the new collection too but I already have quite a few pinks and reds and to be honest they haven't been popular at all so not sure it's worth me buying more shades of pink right now. I may change my mind once I've seen pictures of them on people's nails though :lol:

From the new collection I will be getting them all as ive been showing the colours to my ladies and all of the colours are going down well.

Vicki x

New collection I want them all my clients love them so far. I still have 5 of the last release to get but will buy them as and when.

For future releases I'd really like a buttercup yellow, I'm very surprised it was missed of the new collection for next month. Id also love a deep raspberry pink. Both would be very popular with my clients.

I can't wait to find out what all the colours will be this year. Like others geeks I would love to see more glitter like ruby ritz & tinsel toast & for them not to be limited editions. I was thinking about training in Gelish so I could improve the colour choice for clients but I am thinking twice about it now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back