1st Brazilian!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammythunder

Reaction score
I done a training course yesterday and I have my first lady coming on Friday for a brazilian and I'm really nervous!!! How long did your first Brazilian take as I'm worried it will take me hours!!!!

I'm nervous about my training, I've never even had one myself! Actually dreading it but I don't know why..

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I can sympathize! I have my brazilian waxing course tomorrow and am feeling anxious about it..let alone doing my first client! Lol :)

i havent actually done brazilian training but my first bikini wax took me about 15 minutes. i've done some almost brazilians and it honestly depends on how much hair they have, what type of wax you are using and if they need to stop for a breather etc.

one of the best pieces of advice i got when i started in this industry is to let the client know you are new and it may take longer but fake confidence so they dont get scared. take your time and you'll do great doll!

I also think you have to let your client know you are new to it and should only have been booked on that basis, with a model price tag to reflect the inconvenience of the time it will take. I'm sorry that I can not answer your actual question of how long it will take as I too also did my intimate waxing training on Tuesday. At least it is a Brazilian you are doing which can be (depending on client's hair growth) just a bikini wax gone a whole lot further.

That reflecting confidence thing is vital so just fake that! So true Eskimonailtech (love the name!).

As for the other posts here, the training was wonderful and very discreet. Surprisingly! I had never had anything more than a bikini wax before so it was all new to me. In our pairs with the curtains drawn between us, the trainer suggested we flip round the couches so that legs faced the wall and she just went in to each pair and kept going round the group. I asked to go first as I was more terrified of having it done to me so wanted to get it over with, but really, I should have done it first and then I would have realised that the positions adopted are actually quite discreet especially when you are working with a sheet of bed roll as a modesty cover.

I'm going to advertise for models for Brazilian to start off with and charge a small call out fee (I'm mobile) so that I can get my practise in and feel more confident. But each to their own.

Good luck to us all - I'm sure we will all do great in time :)

Caroline x

Last edited:
Hi there, I've done intimate training and now regularly do Brazilians. To begin with allow an hour and then look at getting that time down to 45 mins. That's if you are using hot wax.

Sorry, but I'm going to totally disagree with previous posts in that on no account tell your client you are new to Brazillians! They'll probably jump off the couch and run home!! :eek: Sorry, just my opinion but if you really take in all the training just 'fake it till you make it'. Act confident and you'll be confident. Don;t think of the brazilian as a whole scary thing to do just break it down and do it in stages as you were taught.

Remember to stretch the skin and be confident when removing the wax.

Apologies I certainly don't mean to offend any posters with my contradicting opinions!!

I wouldn't worry about how long it will take you at the moment, this all depends on experience and which wax you use. You need to do a great job, this will bring your clients back to you and loyal to you. As said above, explain that you are new and set your prices to reflect that and make it clear the price will go up as you become more experienced.

Get yourself organised before the treatment and take your time and be methodical. You will be fine! :green:

totally agree with reddyreddy on this one. I would never tell someone who is booked in for a brazilian that i was new to it. This is one treatment that scares a lot of clients and what they need to hear is that you are totally confident in what you are doing. I wouldnt mention im new, just take the booking and do it. For brazilians, you will have them lying flat for the most part and they will not see what you are doing anyway. Talk, distract them and act confidently. This will put them at ease and they wont know that you are taking longer than normal. Good luck girl:)

I've been doing intimate waxing since December.

Got myself in a right flap doing my first hollywood as i started running low on spatulas (didnt realise there was a full box hiding in the trolley :smack:) but in all it only took me about an hour.

I always allow an hour for a first time client then reduce the timing the more the come in.

HTH

Lauren
xx

To be honest if I knew someone was new to it I'd probably do a runner! When it comes to ripping hairs from your neither regions you would want someone to be experienced and have confidence! So I wouldn't let on if I was you. :)

Well it's a friend that I'm doing it for and i will not charge her anything as i feel that maybe i should pay her for letting me practise her!!! She already knows I'm inexperienced! I will be using hot wax so I realise that this will take longer than using warm wax. She's one brave cookie is all I can say... Lol. Thanks very much for all your advice ladies xx

Im looking to book a Brazilian course soon and I'm dreading it!! My client who has offered to be my model suffers really badly with ingrown hairs, is the wax different to do a Brazilian and would it prevent ingrown hairs much? X

The course I attended on Tuesday hot wax was used as it us gentler to the skin but I don't believe it stops the ingrown hairs :-( I think exfoliating 2/3 tines a week is the best to try and solve those little buggers!!!!

no, it wont stop ingrown hairs and yes, exfiloiation/moisturisation is the key, i had some corkers after my Hollywood on my waxing course and little loofah pad was a godsend i can tell you!!x

I think the client deserves to know that you're new to it, out of respect for them. But also because if you don't tell them, and they wonder why you're perhaps a bit slow, or look a bit flustered, at least they won't just think you're rubbish!!
I just think thats a good way to lose clients before you've even started.:eek:

There's no need to say 'I'm new and I dont have a clue what I'm doing' but I feel that they should be made aware that you 'are less experienced, but you do know what you're doing and just need a bit more practice to gain speed and experience.'

I think the client deserves to know that you're new to it, out of respect for them. But also because if you don't tell them, and they wonder why you're perhaps a bit slow, or look a bit flustered, at least they won't just think you're rubbish!!
I just think thats a good way to lose clients before you've even started.:eek:

There's no need to say 'I'm new and I dont have a clue what I'm doing' but I feel that they should be made aware that you 'are less experienced, but you do know what you're doing and just need a bit more practice to gain speed and experience.'

I totally agree with you! I am absolutely dismayed by what I have read here! The worst thing you can do is not tell a client that you are new. You explain that you are qualified but new then it is up to the client if she wants you to work on her. Surely it would be her right to 'do a runner' if she was not comfortable with someone newly trained.

We all start somewhere and clients, on the whole, are very understanding but not telling them is just disrespectful in the extreme. You can lose a lot of business by not keeping clients informed properly. I have been in this business for over 17 years now and do a new course most years. I never have a shortage of clients who want me to practice on them but they would be furious if I didn't tell them that I had no experience in a treatment.

Tammythunder, you will be fine, take your time, be honest with everyone and then they won't expect too much from you. That way they will be pleasantly surprised with you and book again and again. :green:

Thanks ladies for your input.... Well today was D-day and it all went great.. Whoooo. It took a long time well actually a very very long time but the result was a good one and my friend was over the moon :) just on the look out for my next 'victim' lol xx

Good girl, your speed will grow and grow, as will your confidence. You deserve a pat on the back and probably a large drink! :green:

Latest posts

Back